The Percentage Offenders: Comprehensive List

This is really good OP, congrats

giphy.gif

After Burkman's recent 60% claim in the moments immediately following his loss to Lombard, he joins the ranks of the percentage offenders, fighters who claim in the aftermath of a loss that their performance was due to being X% (or, in some cases, only employing X% of their abilities).

As far as I'm concerned, Lombard gets a pass for retorting to Burkman that he himself was only 60% as well. I have read it proposed in other threads that those making percentage claims / statements after a loss should be fined / suspended / castrated / death of their firstborn unless goat's blood is smeared across their front door.

So far we have (in ascending order of percentage claim, since the lower the percentage, the worse the offense):

NEW GRAND DRAGON WIZARD CHAMPION
Chris Weidman - 10 PERCENT! - Only one-tenth of Teh Chris showed up to hand his belt over to Luke Rockhold. This is a record that may never be broken. Will anyone actually ever claim to have fought at 9% or lower?

NEW SUPER CHAMPION:
Anthony Pettis - only 20 to 30 PERCENT - after the first round in his title fight loss to Rafael dos Anjos, so he takes solace in the fact that RDA didn't beat Pettis at his best. 20 percent! I never dreamed fighters would give an estimate this low. Bravo, Wheaties.
- http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/3/2...hony-pettis-will-be-not-fighting-on-same-card

NEW CHAMPION:
Conor McGregor - Said he was only at 30 TO 40 PERCENT in his WIN against Denis Siver.
If fully healthy, he could defeat up to 3.33 Denis Sivers at once. It apparently would take a bare minimum of 2.5 deformed Germans to fight the GOAT to a stalemate.
- credit JinAkutsu

Interim Champion:
Nate Diaz - LESS THAN 40% - vs Rafael Dos Anjos (if Nate Diaz were 100%, he might then beat more than 2.5 Rafael dos Anjoses at the same time)
- credit MilesAbove

#1 Contender:
Mark Hunt - 40 to 50%.
MARK HUNT? Mr. "I was born down, you know this." ????
After his loss to JDS, Hunt stated: "I was about 40 percent. 40-50 (percent)."
He then added, as a tribute to Tim Sylvia, "I’m not going to use it as an excuse for why I got caught, he caught me with a good shot and that’s about it."
He then added some calculations that hint toward a strong career in actuarial mathematics, when his fighting days are over: "When I’m 110 percent I can beat anyone. I’ll beat all of them. A 100 percent Mark Hunt will beat any of these guys."
- Credit Irenaeus

*** Patrick Cummins - 50% - Fans have seen only 50% of his potential. Not technically a claim that he was operating at a diminished percentage in a fight against X, but noteworthy nonetheless. It does beg the question, why is this other 50% of potential unrealized, and will this continue throughout his career as a justification for poor performances?
- credit Scheme

#2 Contender:
Josh Burkman - 60% - Description of Health Status

*** Brock Lesnar - 60% - It's not Brock's claim, so he is off the hook. In fact, it is DOUBLE hearsay - Dana White says that Brock's doctors told Brock that due to his intestinal problems, he was only fighting at 60% for a large segment of his UFC career. Dana White added during this revelation that he was told by Brock himself to respect his medical privacy.
- Credit Scheme
*** Paul Heyman then revised this estimate, claiming that Brock Lesnar was only fighting at 50 PERCENT for this time period, possibly for the entirety of his MMA career.
- Credit The Devious

Nick Diaz - 60% to 70% - Only at this percentage of his abilities vs BJ Penn for unspecified (or perhaps inaudibly mumbled) reasons
- credit M Raid K

Johny Hendricks - 70% - Voluntary Reduction of 30% of Punching Power due to thin hand wraps.

Anthony Pettis - 75% - He was only at 75% when he WON the title against Bendo - er, I mean "Smooth." Imagine what a low percentage he would have to be operating at, in order to actually lose a fight.
- credit Scheme

Jon Jones - 80% - Only gave this effort against Gustafsson for no good reason
- credit M Raid K

Anderson Silva - 85% - Injured ribs for first Weidman fight
- "It was good that you mentioned this because I was really hurt," Silva told the media. "Nobody mentioned this yet, but that’s not an excuse for my performance. It was a below where I was injured for my first fight with Chael Sonnen. That’s it. I was at 85 percent of my physical condition."
- credit Shwartz

Who else is in the club?

* The simple claim that "I was not 100%" qualifies as an offense, but due to there being no self-estimate given, it would be a token offense, at the bottom of the ascending percentage list.

This is the best thread.

Very glad that Weidman has been recognized as the GOAT of percentages. He has earned it.

This is the best thread.

Very glad that Weidman has been recognized as the GOAT of percentages. He has earned it.

He's the GOAT. And after his very first loss. He didn't even work his way up (down) to 10% over a string of losses. He's a prodigy.

Usman joins the ranks of the legends with his 30% claim.

After Burkman's recent 60% claim in the moments immediately following his loss to Lombard, he joins the ranks of the percentage offenders, fighters who claim in the aftermath of a loss that their performance was due to being X% (or, in some cases, only employing X% of their abilities).

As far as I'm concerned, Lombard gets a pass for retorting to Burkman that he himself was only 60% as well. I have read it proposed in other threads that those making percentage claims / statements after a loss should be fined / suspended / castrated / death of their firstborn unless goat's blood is smeared across their front door.

So far we have (in ascending order of percentage claim, since the lower the percentage, the worse the offense):

NEW GRAND DRAGON WIZARD CHAMPION
Chris Weidman - 10 PERCENT! - Only one-tenth of Teh Chris showed up to hand his belt over to Luke Rockhold. This is a record that may never be broken. Will anyone actually ever claim to have fought at 9% or lower?

And don't forget that IN ADDITION to this 10% claim, he also used The Shaggy Defense, which could even be construed as claiming that zero percent of him was there that night.

NEW SUPER CHAMPION:
Anthony Pettis - only 20 to 30 PERCENT - after the first round in his title fight loss to Rafael dos Anjos, so he takes solace in the fact that RDA didn't beat Pettis at his best. 20 percent! I never dreamed fighters would give an estimate this low. Bravo, Wheaties.
- http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/3/2...hony-pettis-will-be-not-fighting-on-same-card

NEW CHAMPION:
Conor McGregor - Said he was only at 30 TO 40 PERCENT in his WIN against Denis Siver.
If fully healthy, he could defeat up to 3.33 Denis Sivers at once. It apparently would take a bare minimum of 2.5 deformed Germans to fight the GOAT to a stalemate.
- credit JinAkutsu

Interim Champion:
Nate Diaz - LESS THAN 40% - vs Rafael Dos Anjos (if Nate Diaz were 100%, he might then beat more than 2.5 Rafael dos Anjoses at the same time)
- credit MilesAbove

#1 Contender:
Mark Hunt - 40 to 50%.
MARK HUNT? Mr. "I was born down, you know this." ????
After his loss to JDS, Hunt stated: "I was about 40 percent. 40-50 (percent)."
He then added, as a tribute to Tim Sylvia, "I’m not going to use it as an excuse for why I got caught, he caught me with a good shot and that’s about it."
He then added some calculations that hint toward a strong career in actuarial mathematics, when his fighting days are over: "When I’m 110 percent I can beat anyone. I’ll beat all of them. A 100 percent Mark Hunt will beat any of these guys."
- Credit Irenaeus

*** Patrick Cummins - 50% - Fans have seen only 50% of his potential. Not technically a claim that he was operating at a diminished percentage in a fight against X, but noteworthy nonetheless. It does beg the question, why is this other 50% of potential unrealized, and will this continue throughout his career as a justification for poor performances?
- credit Scheme

#2 Contender:
Josh Burkman - 60% - Description of Health Status

*** Brock Lesnar - 60% - It's not Brock's claim, so he is off the hook. In fact, it is DOUBLE hearsay - Dana White says that Brock's doctors told Brock that due to his intestinal problems, he was only fighting at 60% for a large segment of his UFC career. Dana White added during this revelation that he was told by Brock himself to respect his medical privacy.
- Credit Scheme
*** Paul Heyman then revised this estimate, claiming that Brock Lesnar was only fighting at 50 PERCENT for this time period, possibly for the entirety of his MMA career.
- Credit The Devious

Nick Diaz - 60% to 70% - Only at this percentage of his abilities vs BJ Penn for unspecified (or perhaps inaudibly mumbled) reasons
- credit M Raid K

Johny Hendricks - 70% - Voluntary Reduction of 30% of Punching Power due to thin hand wraps.

Anthony Pettis - 75% - He was only at 75% when he WON the title against Bendo - er, I mean "Smooth." Imagine what a low percentage he would have to be operating at, in order to actually lose a fight.
- credit Scheme

Jon Jones - 80% - Only gave this effort against Gustafsson for no good reason
- credit M Raid K

Anderson Silva - 85% - Injured ribs for first Weidman fight
- "It was good that you mentioned this because I was really hurt," Silva told the media. "Nobody mentioned this yet, but that's not an excuse for my performance. It was a below where I was injured for my first fight with Chael Sonnen. That's it. I was at 85 percent of my physical condition."
- credit Shwartz

Who else is in the club?

* The simple claim that "I was not 100%" qualifies as an offense, but due to there being no self-estimate given, it would be a token offense, at the bottom of the ascending percentage list.

After his loss to Hughes, Hoyce said :" I simply didnt appear"... kindah 0%, technically...

hmm.png

I love this shit. I read it as "i was only able to use 1/10th of the gear i normally do, I'll ramp it up next time i promise"

Back