The Percentage Offenders: Comprehensive List

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by BisexualMMA, Jan 22, 2015.

1. BisexualMMA

BisexualMMA Don't Put My Name in the Name of Steroids!

After Burkman's recent 60% claim in the moments immediately following his loss to Lombard, he joins the ranks of the percentage offenders, fighters who claim in the aftermath of a loss that their performance was due to being X% (or, in some cases, only employing X% of their abilities).

As far as I'm concerned, Lombard gets a pass for retorting to Burkman that he himself was only 60% as well. I have read it proposed in other threads that those making percentage claims / statements after a loss should be fined / suspended / castrated / death of their firstborn unless goat's blood is smeared across their front door.

So far we have (in ascending order of percentage claim, since the lower the percentage, the worse the offense):

NEW GRAND DRAGON WIZARD CHAMPION
    Chris Weidman - 10 PERCENT! - Only one-tenth of Teh Chris showed up to hand his belt over to Luke Rockhold. This is a record that may never be broken. Will anyone actually ever claim to have fought at 9% or lower?

And don't forget that IN ADDITION to this 10% claim, he also used The Shaggy Defense, which could even be construed as claiming that zero percent of him was there that night.

NEW SUPER CHAMPION:
    Anthony Pettis - only 20 to 30 PERCENT - after the first round in his title fight loss to Rafael dos Anjos, so he takes solace in the fact that RDA didn't beat Pettis at his best. 20 percent! I never dreamed fighters would give an estimate this low. Bravo, Wheaties.
    - http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/3/2...hony-pettis-will-be-not-fighting-on-same-card

NEW CHAMPION:
    Conor McGregor - Said he was only at 30 TO 40 PERCENT in his WIN against Denis Siver.
    If fully healthy, he could defeat up to 3.33 Denis Sivers at once. It apparently would take a bare minimum of 2.5 deformed Germans to fight the GOAT to a stalemate.
    - credit JinAkutsu

Interim Champion:
    Nate Diaz - LESS THAN 40% - vs Rafael Dos Anjos (if Nate Diaz were 100%, he might then beat more than 2.5 Rafael dos Anjoses at the same time)
    - credit MilesAbove

#1 Contender:
    Mark Hunt - 40 to 50%.
    MARK HUNT? Mr. "I was born down, you know this." ????
    After his loss to JDS, Hunt stated: "I was about 40 percent. 40-50 (percent)."
    He then added, as a tribute to Tim Sylvia, "I’m not going to use it as an excuse for why I got caught, he caught me with a good shot and that’s about it."
    He then added some calculations that hint toward a strong career in actuarial mathematics, when his fighting days are over: "When I’m 110 percent I can beat anyone. I’ll beat all of them. A 100 percent Mark Hunt will beat any of these guys."
    - Credit Irenaeus

*** Patrick Cummins - 50% - Fans have seen only 50% of his potential. Not technically a claim that he was operating at a diminished percentage in a fight against X, but noteworthy nonetheless. It does beg the question, why is this other 50% of potential unrealized, and will this continue throughout his career as a justification for poor performances?
    - credit Scheme

#2 Contender:
    Josh Burkman - 60% - Description of Health Status

*** Brock Lesnar - 60% - It's not Brock's claim, so he is off the hook. In fact, it is DOUBLE hearsay - Dana White says that Brock's doctors told Brock that due to his intestinal problems, he was only fighting at 60% for a large segment of his UFC career. Dana White added during this revelation that he was told by Brock himself to respect his medical privacy.
    - Credit Scheme
    *** Paul Heyman then revised this estimate, claiming that Brock Lesnar was only fighting at 50 PERCENT for this time period, possibly for the entirety of his MMA career.
    - Credit The Devious

Nick Diaz - 60% to 70% - Only at this percentage of his abilities vs BJ Penn for unspecified (or perhaps inaudibly mumbled) reasons
    - credit M Raid K

Johny Hendricks - 70% - Voluntary Reduction of 30% of Punching Power due to thin hand wraps.

Anthony Pettis - 75% - He was only at 75% when he WON the title against Bendo - er, I mean "Smooth." Imagine what a low percentage he would have to be operating at, in order to actually lose a fight.
    - credit Scheme

Jon Jones - 80% - Only gave this effort against Gustafsson for no good reason
    - credit M Raid K

Anderson Silva - 85% - Injured ribs for first Weidman fight
    - "It was good that you mentioned this because I was really hurt," Silva told the media. "Nobody mentioned this yet, but that's not an excuse for my performance. It was a below where I was injured for my first fight with Chael Sonnen. That's it. I was at 85 percent of my physical condition."
    - credit Shwartz

Who else is in the club?

* The simple claim that "I was not 100%" qualifies as an offense, but due to there being no self-estimate given, it would be a token offense, at the bottom of the ascending percentage list.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2016
  2. M Raid K

M Raid K Black Belt

Jon Jones - 80% (link)

BisexualMMA likes this.
  3. ItsyBitsySilva

ItsyBitsySilva Blue Belt

Nate Diaz < 40%

BisexualMMA likes this.
  4. MilesAbove

MilesAbove Gold Belt

Jones said the only reason Gus was close was because he was giving 70%.

BisexualMMA likes this.
  5. M Raid K

M Raid K Black Belt

Nick Diaz - 60-70% against B.J.Penn (link)

BisexualMMA likes this.
  6. BisexualMMA

Do you recall the occasion? This would be the record.

7. MilesAbove

MilesAbove Gold Belt

The recent fight with RDA he said he was less than 40%

BisexualMMA likes this.
  8. Moneymma

Moneymma Brown Belt

Good thread TS,was going to say nate diaz<40% in RDA fight,but someone brought it up

BisexualMMA likes this.
  9. Shwartz

Shwartz Green Belt

BisexualMMA likes this.
  10. Docile

Docile Brown Belt

What a bunch of sissys!

Judging by a pro fighter standard ofcourse.

Didn't rampage talk about not being 100% after his year off shooting movies then coming back and fighting Rashad?

BisexualMMA likes this.
  11. BisexualMMA

Rings a bell but since numbers are involved, we have to be scientific about this. I need a source...

12. devilfisted

devilfisted Brown Belt

Tito was always talking about not being a 100%

BisexualMMA likes this.
  13. ButterStoch

ButterStoch Blue Belt

I like it when they don't just say "not at 100%", but give the exact percentage at which they are "not at".

Anderson Silva was only 85%. I would think Chris would be at best 82.5% or lower based on all of his problems with injuries, floods, ring rust.

I don't like that Burkman did that on his 1st fight back. If Lombard & him were both fighting at maximum possible potential, it feels like Lombard would still dominate.

I wonder what percent of the time these "I was at __%" are accurate?

BisexualMMA likes this.
  14. BisexualMMA

My best guess is that the percentage reduction in their physical abilities has a corresponding reduction on their cognitive abilities to estimate that reduction. Thus, Anderson was probably only estimating his handicaps with 85% accuracy.

So, he was probably 85%, +/- (15% of 85%).

This gets really messed up with Nate Diaz, who would only have been operating at 40% on all cylinders. 40% +/- 24%, if he was estimating at 40% capacity. He may have been fighting at only 16%. Not to mention, Nate Diaz' powers of estimation might be handicapped even when he is personally operating at 100%.

This is more confusing than Transformers 2.

Zefram Cochrane likes this.
  15. HHJ

HHJ Jeg reiser til mørkets dyp der alt er dødt.

Most of the time their just really saying how they feel,and they might be right. It definitley doesnt bother me at all when they say this. They feel they were better than what they showed in the octagon that night,so..what is wrong with that? I think some forum users want them to get on their knees and blow their opponents for giving them a tough fight.

16. BisexualMMA

If Nick Diaz blows Anderson Silva after getting KO'd, I'll give him a pass on whatever percentage he says he was to explain the loss.

17. HHJ

HHJ Jeg reiser til mørkets dyp der alt er dødt.

Yes,so would I.

BisexualMMA likes this.
  18. Which Doctor

Which Doctor The ATT Heel Stable/Faction Belt

#mybusiness w/ Heenan, Bockwinkle, & Covington
    The originator....

[​IMG]

Ultimate Ultimate '95 in Colorado after loss to Severn.

Fought at unspecified diminished percentage due to poor camp, "handcuffs on the lungs", and the image of being raped by Freddie Mercury running through his mind.

BisexualMMA likes this.
  19. dc007

dc007 mr. white belt

Actually wasn't it Nick that said Nate was at 40%? Would that make him the champ based on his ability to read someone else's percentage?

BisexualMMA likes this.
  20. Lol I like this thread. Hope you keep updating it, percentage whiners should get a chapter in Nog's book

BisexualMMA likes this.