The Painful Handshake (How do you do it?)

omoplata

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
I have seen a few people have a special way of shaking your hand to cause a great deal of pain. It is not simply squeezing the other person's hand as hard as possible and it does not depend on brute force. In one case the person used both of his hands and dug a bone into the flesh of my hand but I have no idea how he did it.

Does anyone know a method for "submitting" someone while shaking their hand?

FixedThisThreadSucks.gif

vanguard_anon said:
It's not as simple as squeezing the knuckles?

No, that is countered very simply by pointing your index finger (all your fingers remain curled while your index finger is straightened, this prevents the knuckles from sliding over each other). Even if the other person doesn't know this counter, squeezing the knuckles will only work if you are significantly stronger than the other guy

It kinda of scares me you want to know how to hurt people who shake your hand ...

well I can tell you the counter to that technique is to force the web of your finger thumb deep onto theirs. The closer you get your web to their web; they wont be able to execute the move.

SO anyone want to take a guess to why traditional JJJ teaches techniques to submit someone from a hand shake .... when Japanese people Bow instead of shaking hands???

ichimonji said:
.well I can tell you the counter to that technique is to force the web of your finger thumb deep onto theirs. The closer you get your web to their web; they wont be able to execute the move.

What is the "web"? I never heard of that

omoplata said:
What is the "web"? I never heard of that
between your index finger and your thumb

the skin that stretchs is called a web.

The counter to the hand squish is to extend both your first and middle finger... the first finger to the cloer part of their wrist, and the middle finger to the bottom.

So just cause I am interested in old shit ....

In the Japananese tradition, there has never been a greeting hand shake. However as a means to stop another Samurai from drawing his Katana another Samurai woudl grasp his hand and thrust his "web" (abductor policis) into his Ukes hand there by disabling him from drawing his sword.

Also in Ninpo; Ninjitsu; Taijitsu (or whatever you want to name it) techniques there is a draw (forbidden by many Iaido) which uses your left hand with a reverse draw (remember the blade is always facing up) turn your back to your uke and thrust a killing strike all while holding his hand to stop him from drawing his own blade.

When the round eye came to Nippon and started to study hand to hand Jyujitsu styles the noticed that some Japanese would start techniques from a hand grasp that looks remarkbly like our european hand shake.

So next time you see a traditionalist Japananese arts Sensei doing a demonstration or teaching a technique from a hand shake ... ask him "why would the Japanese do a technique from the hand shake if they bow??"

- rememeber common sense is the antithesis of all TMA -

ichimonji said:
So just cause I am interested in old shit ....

In the Japananese tradition, there has never been a greeting hand shake. However as a means to stop another Samurai from drawing his Katana another Samurai woudl grasp his hand and thrust his "web" (abductor policis) into his Ukes hand there by disabling him from drawing his sword.

Also in Ninpo; Ninjitsu; Taijitsu (or whatever you want to name it) techniques there is a draw (forbidden by many Iaido) which uses your left hand with a reverse draw (remember the blade is always facing up) turn your back to your uke and thrust a killing strike all while holding his hand to stop him from drawing his own blade.

When the round eye came to Nippon and started to study hand to hand Jyujitsu styles the noticed that some Japanese would start techniques from a hand grasp that looks remarkbly like our european hand shake.

So next time you see a traditionalist Japananese arts Sensei doing a demonstration or teaching a technique from a hand shake ... ask him "why would the Japanese do a technique from the hand shake if they bow??"

- rememeber common sense is the antithesis of all TMA -

Ill remember this next time im walking around with my Kitana sword..perhaps through the mall or grocery store

ichimonji said:
When the round eye came to Nippon
-

I dont know why but for some reason this cracked me up. :)

WTF ??? Everyone knows the counter to the handshake is to "Break the wrist and walk away". Jeez

Probably the grip strength, one of my friends he's "Emo" if thats what you'll call it. He whacks it like every day. He doesn't work out, he doesn't eat too good. My other friends arm wrestled him and supposedly he has a grip from hell. I've never gone against him.

ichimonji said:
SO anyone want to take a guess to why traditional JJJ teaches techniques to submit someone from a hand shake .... when Japanese people Bow instead of shaking hands???
Because of the aforementioned round eye, who likes to shake hands with them instead of using their traditional bow. Its their way of getting back.

You want to hurt someone while shaking their hand try eye gouging with the other hand... or kick them in the nuts...

RickoOodles said:
He whacks it like every day. He doesn't work out, he doesn't eat too good. My other friends arm wrestled him and supposedly he has a grip from hell.
TapSD, you have to agree now. This thread is seriously funny. :)

Back