The Outlaw King (2018) Chris Pine, Aaron Taylor-Johnson

SSgt Dickweed

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score

Where are the Blacks in this trailer? Doesn't the upcoming Robin Hood movie's trailer already establish that there were Blacks in England like Little John? Medieval Scots are RACIST!

Nice to see stannis the mannis back in action.

Movie looks okay, formula I've seen a hunnid times before though.

Why the fuck are they having a non-scotsman do this shit

Braveheart turned out pretty good with a Non-Scotsman lead.

Movie looks intriguing and I'm a fan of Pine. Will definitely check this out.

Braveheart turned out pretty good with a Non-Scotsman lead.

Movie looks intriguing and I'm a fan of Pine. Will definitely check this out.

I like Mel Gibson but he made me fucking cringe in that movie, the saving grace was the actors who are all from ireland/eng/scot

I like Mel Gibson but he made me fucking cringe in that movie, the saving grace was the actors who are all from ireland/eng/scot

Yeah i didnt care that the accent wasn't spot on. Gibsons acting is what made the movie. The scene where the bruce betrayed him was one of the best non verbal acting scenes of all time.

I think whether intentionally or not, this film will prove how inaccurate AF Braveheart was as a movie. Mel Gibson sure likes to make shit up in the movies he directs.

I think whether intentionally or not, this film will prove how inaccurate AF Braveheart was as a movie. Mel Gibson sure likes to make shit up in the movies he directs.

Cuz who cares? If i was interested I'd research the shit but before braveheart i didnt give a fuck about the Scottish. Still don't really but what a great movie lol. I look forward to this though it looks good.

Cuz who cares? If i was interested I'd research the shit but before braveheart i didnt give a fuck about the Scottish. Still don't really but what a great movie lol. I look forward to this though it looks good.

giphy.gif

I know it goes against the point of enjoying movies, but I'm always bothered how movies change things. The Revenant, Donnie Brasco, Goodfellas.....pretty much anything "based on a true story".

Nice to see stannis the mannis back in action.

Movie looks okay, formula I've seen a hunnid times before though.

Honestly that and the scale of the production is the only thing that stands out to me, the rest looks painfully bland which is disappointing coming from Hell or Highwater that was anything but although I spose you could argue a lot of that was down to the script.

Then again I spose its tradition that the best thing about a Robert the Bruce film is the guy playing Edward I, they should just cut out the middle man and make a film about him.

giphy.gif

I know it goes against the point of enjoying movies, but I'm always bothered how movies change things. The Revenant, Donnie Brasco, Goodfellas.....pretty much anything "based on a true story".

Based on a true story means nothing lol. It's just a slight guide to go around but almost nothing based on a true story is anywhere close. Real life ain't as entertaining.

Gibson didn't write it and there's not that much recorded history about William Wallace.

Where are the Blacks in this trailer? Doesn't the upcoming Robin Hood movie's trailer already establish that there were Blacks in England like Little John? Medieval Scots are RACIST!

General Julius Ceasar was black everybody knows this

Gibson didn't write it and there's not that much recorded history about William Wallace.

Wasn't it disproven that the Scots were in loincloths when they fought the English in the timeline of this movie? England was bankrupt from the war with France, and the Scots were actually quite wealthy during this time. It changes the whole narrative of the movie when you get to know the 'facts'. And was the Prince or whatever really gay? Kind of homophobic to show the character that way. Mel has his own agenda with his movies, and it reeks of Christian sanctimony -not just to tell a good story.

Looks a bit Hollywood/"Braveheart", hooe it doesnt suck.

Scots are a bunch of cans. Glad they didn't get one for this roll.

This will probably be just as inaccurate.

Well, maybe not.

Unless it shows Robert slipping his seed into the royal bloodline of England.

given the current run of major films released on/by Netflix, this will probably suck tbh. only Netflix film worth looking forward to atm is Hold the Dark

Back