The Outlaw King (2018) Chris Pine, Aaron Taylor-Johnson

I thought it was ok. Personally, it needed a more focused plot. I would have been happier with a longer run time, but cutting out some scenes might have worked too. It's fine in terms of coherence, but the film's scenes don't build on each other in such a way that I ever felt engaged. When things finally started to resolve my reaction was: "this is it?"

I think there was just too little focus on too many characters. King Edward is underdeveloped to the extent that I would have preferred a lot more attention on the prince. As far as this movie went, he's more fleshed out than anybody aside from Robert; but that sort of makes me understand why other films tie multiple real life characters into one film character for dramatic purposes.

Its okay.
I saw it, was nothing spectacular or great about it.

It was meh.

They tried so hard to make it the spiritual sequel to braveheart but it just didn't measure up.

His wife is super hot and you get to see her boobs so it's worth the watch for that alone.

Not the worst movie but nothing special.

If you wanna see Chris Pine's ass and pixelated penis with some historical sword play then this is the movie for you...
5.5/10

It has some merits and is overall an okay movie but far from great IMO. It follows all of the medieval movie tropes and I likely won't remember it a few months from now.

dont tell me what to do.

but ok i will.

I thought it was ok. Personally, it needed a more focused plot. I would have been happier with a longer run time, but cutting out some scenes might have worked too. It's fine in terms of coherence, but the film's scenes don't build on each other in such a way that I ever felt engaged. When things finally started to resolve my reaction was: "this is it?"

I think there was just too little focus on too many characters. King Edward is underdeveloped to the extent that I would have preferred a lot more attention on the prince. As far as this movie went, he's more fleshed out than anybody aside from Robert; but that sort of makes me understand why other films tie multiple real life characters into one film character for dramatic purposes.

With all the characters and side plots, it would've worked better as a 10 episode mini-series like Band of Brothers.

It's quite good, certainly more appealing than Braveheart

Back