The Only Fight That Makes Sense For Brunson Next is a Rematch w/ Winner of Romero v. Hall!!!

My question to TS would be, if you say a Brunson fight does nothing for Hermansson, doesn't that imply Hermansson is closer to a shot? So then who should he get? If Romero or Hall win, I'd assume either of them find their way above Brunson as well. So I'd think them, as higher-ranked winning fighters, would be better matchups for Joker, not Derek.

With Brunson farther from a title shot, he can fight guys that are off of losses, as long as they were high or surging before then. A Gastelum fight makes no sense to me, his momentum is the opposite and should be ranked lower after this, taking a step well back in rankings. Means Brunson can fight loser of Bobby-Cannonier or even Adesanya-Costa. Any of those would thrust him to title consideration

People forget how close Brunson came to beating Romero in their fight. That could be an interesting matchup that could finally raise him to top 5 contention. On the other hand he beat Hall almost straight away but the stoppage was somewhat questionable. They both would be on win streaks, so why not give Hall a chance to get that back?

A Hermmansom matchup really does not make sense IMO. Not for the Joker anyway. I personally Till is a bad matchup for Derek, but I could be wrong. I doubt Till would take the fight anyway. At this point Brunson has to fight ahead of him though. Whatcha think?

I'm rooting for Hall, but if this were the plan I might root for Romero just to see that rematch with Brunson. Brunson is underrated and still improving, trying new camps and only lost to the absolute top guys in the division. He wins the fights he's supposed to win and sometimes pulls off the ones he's not supposed to. I think he's closed the gap on Romero and Romero can't go forever, can he? lol

I think Brunson deserves more credit and appreciation than he gets. I also think he'd do the same thing to Till that he did to Edmen but later in the fight (5 rounder?). Gut out a win with a combo of constantly improving stand up and clinching/grappling to wear him down.

My question to TS would be, if you say a Brunson fight does nothing for Hermansson, doesn't that imply Hermansson is closer to a shot? So then who should he get? If Romero or Hall win, I'd assume either of them find their way above Brunson as well. So I'd think them, as higher-ranked winning fighters, would be better matchups for Joker, not Derek.

With Brunson farther from a title shot, he can fight guys that are off of losses, as long as they were high or surging before then. A Gastelum fight makes no sense to me, his momentum is the opposite and should be ranked lower after this, taking a step well back in rankings. Means Brunson can fight loser of Bobby-Cannonier or even Adesanya-Costa. Any of those would thrust him to title consideration
Hermansson is closer to a titleshot. Right now he has done more work in the division recently than most including Brunson and Till. But Till always Carrie's that high profile. Both Till and Jack's best and most recent wins came against Gastelum so I could see them matching up.

Romero is already ranked a few spots ahead of Brunson and Hall. With a win over Hall he'd be pretty much stagnant. It would just give him a bit of momentum. Romero just got a free titleshot and stunk it up. Whether you put most of the fault on him or not, we know that Dana does. So I could see them keeping him away from top 5 contenders for a little while.

With Brunson on a win streak and being such a good company man, I feel he deserves a push up to Romero, should Romero win. Even if Hall wins, they will both be on similar streaks and Hall should want to avenge the loss. Right now I believe Hall is only ranked number 10. Even if he beats Romero, Brunson won't be much of a step back.

With this type of matchup, it eliminates one of these older contenders and at the same time protects the up n comers from them.

Based on your prediction on the other thread, I'm guessing you forgot too? Agree about Till though, Brunson still had his chin up in the air enough times to make me think Till could land something heavy and it would be all over. Hermannson likely wants a higher ranked opponent which is fair enough so the Romero Hall winner makes the most sense.
The only reason I believe Till could possibly be a difficult matchup is because of the feints. That was pretty much Brunson's downfall in his fight with Israel.

However Darren obviously doesn't fight as consistently intelligent as Israel, and Brunson would probably be the most grinding fighter he has faced so I would not make a prediction on that one.

So after last nights fight are we to presume the top 10 rankings will probably be this then? until Chris and Omari fight, potentially swapping out 9 & 10? Not sure wtf happens if Chris wins though.

C- Izzy Adesanya
1- Robert Whittaker
2- Paulo Costa
3- Yoel Romero
4- Jarrod Cannonier
5- Jack Hermansson
6- Derek Brunson
7- Darren Till
8- Kelvin Gastelum
9- Edmen Shabazyan
10- Omari Akhmedov

?

Last edited:
Hermansson is closer to a titleshot. Right now he has done more work in the division recently than most including Brunson and Till. But Till always Carrie's that high profile. Both Till and Jack's best and most recent wins came against Gastelum so I could see them matching up.

Romero is already ranked a few spots ahead of Brunson and Hall. With a win over Hall he'd be pretty much stagnant. It would just give him a bit of momentum. Romero just got a free titleshot and stunk it up. Whether you put most of the fault on him or not, we know that Dana does. So I could see them keeping him away from top 5 contenders for a little while.

With Brunson on a win streak and being such a good company man, I feel he deserves a push up to Romero, should Romero win. Even if Hall wins, they will both be on similar streaks and Hall should want to avenge the loss. Right now I believe Hall is only ranked number 10. Even if he beats Romero, Brunson won't be much of a step back.

With this type of matchup, it eliminates one of these older contenders and at the same time protects the up n comers from them.

I just realized Romero and Hall are "agreed" but they're not officially booked yet.

So booking from the top, your division would look like this right now? (I mean, this is before Brunson moves up, but how far will he move after this? Maybe just above Gas?)
R7MiurL.png

Which frees up Gas vs Edmen as a possible too, which I think is fair.

Ya know, putting it on paper, I actually like it. At first, I had some issues with a thing or two (Does Till get a title eliminator by beating Joker, even after that Whittaker fight? If the winner of Till/Joker does earn an eliminator, who do they fight after for it?) But I wouldn't have any issue with these being the next fights.

I was not in favor of the Hall stoppage. None of those ground strikes landed

I agree. It would be good for all three parties. If he beats Yoel that could easily sell him for as the next contender.

Hopefully Romero gets put into retirement by Hall since he wanna get me double yellow carded. Costa has replaced him as the boogeyman anyway.
I got yellow carded for trolling a troll lol

I agree. It would be good for all three parties. If he beats Yoel that could easily sell him for as the next contender.
Derek would probably be a hard sell for a titleshot even with a win over Yoel. Especially if it's against Adesanya.

But he would definitely be doing the UFC a favor if he can knock Yoel down a bit. Should Yoel defeat Hall and Brunson back to back then you have to give him a top 5 opponent again. And he would have earned it for sure.

This should also give at least 2 or 3 guys a chance to get a titleshot before Yoel can possibly get back in there.

Last edited:
I want to see him fight The Joker considering a lot of the top guys are unavailable. It's part of the game and understandable although annoying when fighters aren't accepting fights/sitting out due to risk and reward but when tons and tons of fans are talking about fights that shouldn't happen cause it doesn't make sense for a fighter is just dumb. These days fans are constantly babbling about fights that make sense or don't based on potential ppv #'s, ratings etc. and now everyone's a fricken manager/matchmaker.

Fighters are often unavailable, injured, recently fought, already scheduled, don't want to fight teammates/friends, in contract negotiations, waiting it out to fight in an upcoming event in their country or home state, there's a million reasons but for some reason a lot of fans think they can just put any match up together and it's simple. You have guys wait for a title fight, contender fight or big fight and almost every time it doesn't happen. They need to do a better job of keeping the ball rolling and fans need to stop having such ridiculous expectations.

I want to see him fight The Joker considering a lot of the top guys are unavailable. It's part of the game and understandable although annoying when fighters aren't accepting fights/sitting out due to risk and reward but when tons and tons of fans are talking about fights that shouldn't happen cause it doesn't make sense for a fighter is just dumb. These days fans are constantly babbling about fights that make sense or don't based on potential ppv #'s, ratings etc. and now everyone's a fricken manager/matchmaker.

Fighters are often unavailable, injured, recently fought, already scheduled, don't want to fight teammates/friends, in contract negotiations, waiting it out to fight in an upcoming event in their country or home state, there's a million reasons but for some reason a lot of fans think they can just put any match up together and it's simple. You have guys wait for a title fight, contender fight or big fight and almost every time it doesn't happen. They need to do a better job of keeping the ball rolling and fans need to stop having such ridiculous expectations.
Now that I consider that Till could be out for a bit on injury, I can see them matching Hermansson up with Brunson. Otherwise he might fight the loser of Adesanya vs. Costa or
Whittaker vs. Cannonier.

If Hall beats Romero then he deserves a potential title eliminator against a top 4 guy.

I think Brunson has a few good options for fights. Romero vs Hall winner would be a good one but so would Gastelum, Till or Hermannson if he can get that fight. I think Whittaker and Cannonier are out of reach for Brunson's next fight.
I dont agree at all with TS about Till being a bad match up for Brunson and think it is the opposite and Till would get beat up in the clinch and on the ground.

I think Brunson has a few good options for fights. Romero vs Hall winner would be a good one but so would Gastelum, Till or Hermannson if he can get that fight. I think Whittaker and Cannonier are out of reach for Brunson's next fight.
I dont agree at all with TS about Till being a bad match up for Brunson and think it is the opposite and Till would get beat up in the clinch and on the ground.
I could see Brunson taking it against Till as well. The only reason I believe Till could be a problem is because of the feints. That's how Adesanya took Brunson off his game. I also believe Till has shown decent takedown defense but Brunson would be the most grinding fighter he has fought.

I support Brunson vs Romero rematch. Im picking Romero via KO. Brunson destroys everyone who isnt elite.

I don't dislike the idea, but I kind of want to see that fight first. Right now, I feel like Brunson vs Kelvin would make more sense. Both fought just now, took little to no damage and are right next to each other in the rankings. Meanwhile Edmen vs Till could be the next.

But! I'm not sticking by anything, It's awesome how active and fun MW has gotten. And I'm rooting for Hall to beat Romero, the dude's been really trying to get back up there.

Brunson is great I just don't think he can beat the top of the division.

Who even cares? Brunson is the definition of a gatekeeper.

He beat a 22 year old kid with almost a third of the pro fights that he had and even worse coached by Edmund...

Romero has been pretty much a joke to watch in his last couple of fights, making faces doesn't make you entertaining.

Hall is 8-7 in the UFC. Is he even ranked at this point?

Back