The Only Fight That Makes Sense For Brunson Next is a Rematch w/ Winner of Romero v. Hall!!!

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by GoshiShun17, Aug 1, 2020 at 11:04 PM.

1. GoshiShun17 Black Belt

People forget how close Brunson came to beating Romero in their fight. That could be an interesting matchup that could finally raise him to top 5 contention. On the other hand he beat Hall almost straight away but the stoppage was somewhat questionable. They both would be on win streaks, so why not give Hall a chance to get that back?

A Hermmansom matchup really does not make sense IMO. Not for the Joker anyway. I personally Till is a bad matchup for Derek, but I could be wrong. I doubt Till would take the fight anyway. At this point Brunson has to fight ahead of him though. Whatcha think?

Char Jawz likes this.
  2. Destino2018 Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

Hopefully Romero gets put into retirement by Hall since he wanna get me double yellow carded. Costa has replaced him as the boogeyman anyway.

icffedor likes this.
  3. gevoudane ʇlǝq ʞɔɐlq

Wjy rematches?

4. Phisher Gold Belt

Because he's fought both of them already.

PicoPulse likes this.
  5. gevoudane ʇlǝq ʞɔɐlq

Yes he did, so why not fight someone new?

6. Arlo Brown Belt

Yeah or Gastelum <Fedor23>

7. GoshiShun17 Black Belt

Because Romero is still a renowned 185er and I'm sure Brunson would love to get that back. It would easily be the biggest win of his career.

If Hall wins then they are on similar win streaks but Hall would be ranked ahead. And for obvious reasons I could see both guys wanting that rematch.

What fresh matchup makes sense to you that moves Brunson forward?

Thepaintbucket likes this.
  8. scytheavatar Blue Belt

He should fight Gastelum next IMHO. And if Gastelum loses again he should be cut from the UFC.

koreamma1, D-Volt, Stagliano and 2 others like this.
  9. GoshiShun17 Black Belt

It makes sense but at the same time it really does not. Three fight win streak vs 3 fight losing streak. There really is NOT much to gain for Brunson there. It won't shoot him into the top 5 and he's setting himself up to be a possible rebound for a fighter who is ice cold atm.

Yoel is still a top 5 contender and feared, renowned name in the division. He could easily beat Hall and be back to the winner's column. As I stated Brunson was very close to being one of the first to beat Yoel. Literally minutes away. Why would he not want a rematch and a chance to get into top 5 for Gastelum?

10. Arlo Brown Belt

Could potentially be sooner than a fight with Yoel or Hall, might be ages until either of them can fight and I don't think Brunson took much damage... I think if Gastelum wants to stay in the division it would make sense for him with no current top 10 wins, but totally see the logic to your point though agree on all accounts.

11. Stalkingsquid Green Belt

Romero earned that finish, the Hall stoppage theres an arguement I guess for an early stoppage. I'd rather see him rematch Hall regardless of win/lose or face Gastelum/Till

12. ali ali Brown Belt

Gastelum is on a 3 fight losing streak and Derek is on a 3 fight winning streak that does not make sense at all

PharoahHeight likes this.
  13. ali ali Brown Belt

I agree with U if Kelvin loses again he should not fight in the UFC anymore

14. Arlo Brown Belt

Gastelum is ranked higher and not beat a top 10, it'd be a potentially easy stepping stone for Derek, or a comeback to form for Gas... Remember when Romero fought for the belt after 2 losses ?

15. gevoudane ʇlǝq ʞɔɐlq

Id be ok with it if thats the fight the fighters wanted. But personally Id rather see them add new faces to their resumes.

Morris88 likes this.
  16. Morris88 Brown Belt

I felt the same but just looking at the rankings and pretty much everyone in the top 10 is booked or they've fought already. Till wants Hermansson next, Cannonier and Whittaker are set. The division is solid right now.

gevoudane likes this.
  17. r-harper-1 Silver Belt

No interest in seeing Brunson in rematches yet ..... Brunson vs Gastelum would be good or Cannonier if he loses to Whittaker

18. Chael_Sonnen I predict a 2nd round KO via spinning backfist.

I agree. Good matchmaking. Also maybe the loser of that fight?

GoshiShun17 likes this.
  19. TheMessiah Blue Belt

Interestingly Brunson was winning the fight against Romero until the knockdown. He was even outwrestling him

20. LetThemBleed Red Belt

Based on your prediction on the other thread, I'm guessing you forgot too? Agree about Till though, Brunson still had his chin up in the air enough times to make me think Till could land something heavy and it would be all over. Hermannson likely wants a higher ranked opponent which is fair enough so the Romero Hall winner makes the most sense.

GoshiShun17 likes this.