The one and only way Cody Garbrandt should remain with TAM...

7forever

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Faber needs to publicly take full responsibility for Cody's atrocious performance and make the changes needed to give Cody a real chance at winning back the belt.

He needs to get out of there ASAP. Move on down to Jackson-Wink.

giphy.gif

Should join Glendale Fight Club. His chin and Edmund’s coaching are a match made in heaven.

Well, if you’re a fan of the Just Bleed Gods, that is.

I always got the vibe faber cares more about his control and influence than having people in there that could actually train his fighters with a different perspective.

Just look at Fabers fight IQ during his career for starters. Exciting but not very bright.

Then you see how much TJ evolved as a striker under Ludwig. Regardless of what went down between Faber and Duane, its undeniable TJ became a much better fighter once he worked with Duane at TAM and all the drama went down.

Fabers a loyal guy but I dont think he cares about his guys realizing their potential if hes at risk of not receiving the validation he desires. He also takes things that are common, such as training with other teams in mma, and brands them as treason. Why would anyone want to go train there if it means that this guy might label you a snake the second he doesnt have control of a situation.

I always felt chad and benavidez could have developed even more. Chad had championship talent. Even look at Cody right now. Makes you think.

What about Cody recruiting his own coach and staying with TAM? That could work.

Maybe different coaching would help, but I doubt he's being coached to get into wild brawls while keeping his hands low and head stationary.

he doesn't have to leave TAM he could simply branch out, visit other gyms, spar with other top tier fighters from different camps everyone does it the only person who i have ever seen gotten flack for it is TJ and that's only because Faber got his feelings hurt somewhere along the line

Faber needs to publicly take full responsibility for Cody's atrocious performance and make the changes needed to give Cody a real chance at winning back the belt.

Why on earth should a grown man take full responsibility of another grown man's acts of stupidity?

so it faber fault that cody got ktfo.

it not that tj is the better fighter./

What do you do think of Justin B. as a coach? He's only 34.

he did a good job until he got more famous and faber ego got in the way again.
faber doesn't like the head coach to become bigger than faber is.

of faber could of kept his ego in check he never fired bang.

I always got the vibe faber cares more about his control and influence than having people in there that could actually train his fighters with a different perspective.

Just look at Fabers fight IQ during his career for starters. Exciting but not very bright.

Then you see how much TJ evolved as a striker under Ludwig. Regardless of what went down between Faber and Duane, its undeniable TJ became a much better fighter once he worked with Duane at TAM and all the drama went down.

Fabers a loyal guy but I dont think he cares about his guys realizing their potential if hes at risk of not receiving the validation he desires. He also takes things that are common, such as training with other teams in mma, and brands them as treason. Why would anyone want to go train there if it means that this guy might label you a snake the second he doesnt have control of a situation.

I always felt chad and benavidez could have developed even more. Chad had championship talent. Even look at Cody right now. Makes you think.

bingo. faber ego gets in the way. why fire 2 coaches who were great at there jobs

he doesn't have to leave TAM he could simply branch out, visit other gyms, spar with other top tier fighters from different camps everyone does it the only person who i have ever seen gotten flack for it is TJ and that's only because Faber got his feelings hurt somewhere along the line
Right around the time Mcgregor made Faber feel like a cuck on National TV lol

I'm pretty sure the gameplan wasn't to go out and throw wild hooks with a guy that already knocked him out. Cody is too much of a hot head. Also, lol at people saying Cody has no chin...like TJ is a powder puff or something. He throws wild punches with full power every time and stepped in the cage with a better technical boxer than himself twice in a row. He got countered and got hurt. He needs to learn to stay composed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back