The new The Invisible Man is the scariest movie I've seen since Event Horizon

Anybody seen this movie? Surprised nobody is talking about it. It's got the most suspenseful scenes I've seen in a while. I'll see anything this director makes now starting with Upgrade next.

ven04_ja_28feb_2invisible.jpg

I must have been drunk when I made this thread holy shit this movie sucked lol

I didn't think it was scary at all, I thought it was aimed at more of a lower grade fun popcorn flick. I just couldn't get over the castings choices here. Male model white guy who's rich and smart terrorizes a girl who he wouldn't even be going on a date with in real life. It's equivalent to writing a script where a Victoria's Secret model is obsessed over an unemployed janitor who looks like Carrottop. The plot of Encino Man is more believable than this.
My thoughts exactly. To her defence she is a good actor who plays a sleep deprived tormented women very well. But his extremely possessive “obsession” with her was odd and not developed. Would have been better to leave the suit more of a mystery instead of this tony stark lab in the basement of his home...

Anybody seen this movie? Surprised nobody is talking about it. It's got the most suspenseful scenes I've seen in a while. I'll see anything this director makes now starting with Upgrade next.

ven04_ja_28feb_2invisible.jpg

Upgrade was amazing, so you have just convinced me to watch this movie.

But Event Horizon isn’t scary at all.

It’s an awesome movie yes but it’s not scary at all

Just watched this steaming pile of shit. It's not only not scary it was fucking stupid and the acting was horrendous.

The only good thing was I only paid 61 cents at the Redbox. I still want a refund.

BTW I loved Event Horizon. It wasn't really a scary more mysterious and suspenseful

when a slutty money hungry heroine looks like shes on heroin, and her acting ability is limited to listening to empty rooms, thats just weak.
i did appreciate the one scene where her sister dies at dinner.

Watched it with the wife last night, it was way better than I thought it would be. Very creepy atmosphere, that had me on the edge of my seat for pretty much the entire movie. Only a few things bugged me:

****SPOLIERS****

When she escaped from the mental institution, and all those cops were at the front desk, she jusy waved the gun in their direction, and they just let her walk out? Then it took them forever to get their shit together and go out after her.

She went after him from the mental institution. Why? I mean, I get that she wanted to be the one to stop him, but all those cops 'saw' what was going on, and I'd assume they had video cameras in the hallways. She could have just stayed there and let them deal with it. He didn't threaten to go after the girl until she chased him down outside.

Anyway, other than that, thought it was a pretty good movie.

As much as I loved the Theatrical Edition of Event Horizon, I always think that I'm missing out because I've never seen the Director's Cut Extended Edition of Event Horizon.

I wonder if there will ever be a release of the Director's Cut Extended Edition of Event Horizon. I await the day.

I still haven't seen Upgrade or the new Invisible Man though.

+1 on whoever mentioned 'The Thing' - it's mandatory viewing for Horror fans.

I think horror can be broken down into a few genres that it's quite possible to like / dislike.

For example, i a huge fan of alien(s), terminator, the thing, etc - but halloween/saw and slasher flicks don't scare me at all.

'Psycological' horror like the excorsist, silence of the lambs aren't scary at all to me, or being chased by a human person, just aren't scary to me.

But being followed by a creature, a robot, something unknown, that scares the bejeses out of me....

Hellraiser in space is a good analogy.

The movie literally went from a scifi thriller and turned into a Hellraiser style horror for the last 20 minutes. if the Dr Turned into Pinhead it would have totally fit. He almost did turn into a pinhead style villain

Back