The new The Invisible Man is the scariest movie I've seen since Event Horizon

What about it doesn't hold up for you?
I assume you are talking about The Descent. Like many horror films, it has it's holes and they are giant and when you first watch it you don't realize but watching it now, it's outdated. It's a little silly. Just my opinion. The women turn into badass killers etc etc

Juno leaving her behind, her surviving a wound that would have killed her instantly, then she decides to kill Juno. It was just ridiculous re-watching. If they lived underground they'd have excellent smell and they'd all die in 10 minutes.

I can’t believe so many were into invisible man. The woman despised her partner, did everything she could to escape him and then started smiling and living life to the max when she got his money.

And I totally forgot about it pretty much turning into a Sci-Fi towards the end.

I saw Event Horizon in theaters when I was 12 or 13. It was beyond scary dude. That was my most intense theater experience ever. The whole audience was shrieking in terror.

That movie’s so fucking scary.

Liberate tutemet ex inferis

I haven't seen it but Upgrade was an unexpectedly great film.

Just looked up the director turns out he wrote Saw 1-3 and Insidious.

That movie was shit. I had a hard time not laughing at it on the way out of the theatre as there was quite a few people that thought it was scary. Didn’t want to be the guy ruining someone’s experience.

I know it’s fantasy being an invisible man but how the hell does no one notice footsteps or the dude breathing?

I don't know about invisible man but this thread makes me want to watch event horizon.

Genuinely scary movies are hard to come by as an adult.

In recent memory the best horror i've seen was "the haunting of hill house" which is a series not a movie. Just quality from start to finish.

19947CC81C77AB03EFA61DE12000031F8762B1A9

The concept of event horizon is promising, heaps of potential there. But imo it fell way short in terms of its realisation. The whole scenes of hell thing was very vanilla. It would have almost been better to not show anything at all, leaving everything to imagination like Blair witch etc.
Most kids today have seen far more shocking real life brutality / gore online than the fantasy stuff in event horizon.
Even when I was at school pre internet, there was a VHS going around of real life executions.
As much as I deplore how increasingly banal violent atrocities have become, it would be sticking head in sand type denial to not acknowledge that is where we are at now.

Good horror needs to use clever psychology to sensitise the viewer by investing them emotionally, luring them into false security and creeping them out in surprising ways.
Not just throwing gore and death at the audience.

Good movie, I enjoyed it, but I wouldn’t go anywhere near that far. Not really scary, just a big budget trilogy finale to The Lawnmower & Hollow Men. Basically just a fun, high-quality B-movie.

As far as scary goes, I recently finally got around to seeing As Above, So Below. Great fuckin horror movie. Would recommend.

I didn't think it was scary at all, I thought it was aimed at more of a lower grade fun popcorn flick. I just couldn't get over the castings choices here. Male model white guy who's rich and smart terrorizes a girl who he wouldn't even be going on a date with in real life. It's equivalent to writing a script where a Victoria's Secret model is obsessed over an unemployed janitor who looks like Carrottop. The plot of Encino Man is more believable than this.

Its a good movie for sure my only complaint was that it was 20 minutes to long.

Is it just me or was the lassy that played the lead part ugly hot?

I saw Event Horizon in theaters when I was 12 or 13. It was beyond scary dude. That was my most intense theater experience ever. The whole audience was shrieking in terror.
Hellraiser in Space but better than the Hellraiser movies

I was around 12 when Event Horizon dropped and I saw it in the theater with my older brother but watching In the Mouth of Madness in VHS by myself around the same time was the scariest experience I can remember since watching The Exorcist with my Mom when I was around 7.

Back