The new Charlie's Angels movie flopped. Why are men being blamed for it's failure?

yeah, this is all just a fantasy:

c4453ka5f0y31.jpg

9b2c7268-32cc-4c10-94b4-cc7f398d0a82.jpeg

4632FEF400000578-5070397-image-a-1_1510329094323.jpg

ef3bab40-7853-11e9-933d-71f872cf659b_image_hires_151214.jpg

7+ billion people are making no impact on the environment they are in, its all liberal propaganda to increase prices of goods /s

but lets ignore all that and talk about one delusional actress views and how its a hot topic in todays world - when in reality its only a topic in small parts of america/europe (and on sherdog forums cause its easy to get outraged about, while climate change deals with scientific facts which require some looking into), while rest of the world gives exactly 0 fucks.

Only dumb conservatives and liberals bicker over sexism in movies.

They don't even argue over good movies. It's always these dumb action flicks they get outraged about.

Apparently, they couldn't convince women to see it either.

I getting tired of race or gender being the cause of a movie failing.
If you do a good movie and the cast is mostly woman or minorities then it will do well.
If you put a hunk of shit together based on a reboot nobody was calling for and casting a talentless Kristin Stewart as a lead, don't blame men for it failing but look in the fucking mirror to figure out why it failed.
Black Panther and Wonder Woman made an ass load of money. Female lead for one and a predominate minority cast for the other.
Hell I liked Oceans 8, not sure what kind of loot it made, but watched it on HBO and liked it.
Ghostbusters sucked because it was not a good movie.
I liked Hidden Figures which is a double whammy.
Cliffs, good movies will do good no matter race or gender of the cast.

I love movies about badass women. Kill Bill. Atomic Blonde. Hanna. Fury Road. La Femme Nikita.

But Charlies Angels Rev3 is not about badass women. Therefore I will not see it.

She is kind of right. This specific IP is a standalone that has problems of attracting a male audience. Unlike Captain Marvel and Wonder Woman it cant rely on endemic viewers of the same universe.

From the trailer it looks like a average action movie.

Even if only 1 million women went to see the movie, It would have broke even.

She is kind of right. This specific IP is a standalone that has problems of attracting a male audience.

The IP specifically attracts male viewers...when it's not being feminized for woke culture.

Seems to me, she was just paying attention to how it was tracking, and came out with an excuse before the inevitable happened. If she wanted to attract male viewers, she probably should've tried to attract male viewers.

If no man wants to see movies with women as lead stars like she is suggesting then how does she explain the success of Wonder Women, Kill Bill, Set It Off, Tomb Raider and Captain Marvel? Black Panther has a majority Black cast and it's primarily set in Africa but it still went on to do 1.3 Billion. The movie didn't fail because it's center around women, It failed because it sucked ass.

I didnt even know they were coming out with a new movie. Seems like bad marketing is to blame.

What a shock with marketing like this:

I guess the misogynists were smart enough to be angry about it given the box office numbers?

I just think it's harder than people think it is. Trying to make an original movie that people want to see these days is tough. Everything's already been done it feels like. I wont even get into how hard it would be to get someone to finance a new and creative idea.
I think you hit the nail on the head. Studios are very weary of new ideas because there really isn't a lot of space for mid-range movies. You either get the mega-blockbusters that make tons of money and get the big studios salivating or you get the indie scene which has expanded as of late but hasn't filled the gap that mid range movies used to play. So now you either fund a movie expecting it to make $1 billion or you fund an indie movie that might break even but could also get attentions come award's season.

Its a lot easier to sell an idea rooted in an existing property because the studios will have more confidence in it. But the problem is you can feel that the creators want to leave their mark on it so they end up trying to make it their own. The end result is that the end product doesn't appeal to the old fans of the franchise since its been changed too much while everyone else who never cared about the franchise to begin with will avoid the movie expecting its not for them.

I liked Hidden Figures which is a double whammy.

Hidden Figures was great. What's funny is it's 1000 times more woke and political than any of these popcorn flicks people selectively get mad about but had none of the outrage.

Plenty of action movies did great with a female lead.

Instead of blaming this on sexism, blame it on making a crappy remake that nobody wants to see in the first place.

Hidden Figures was great. What's funny is it's 1000 times more woke and political than any of these popcorn flicks people selectively get mad about but had none of the outrage.
Probably because Hidden Figures and the people involved had enough tact not to actively alienate it's potential viewers.

People using Captain Marvel as a barometer are wrong. That movie was shit and if it wasn't for being sandwiched between infinity War and End Game it would have done much worse numbers.

See everyone knew the movie is going to flop before release date. Elizabeth Banks already making excuses before it's even released. WTF is she gonna say if it didn't flop? She was sooo sure that it's going to flop.

Sherbros made a thread about how hard it was going to flop also. EVERYONE knew it was going to flop. So let's not play the blame game. Hunger Games was a huge success with a female lead. Many female oriented movies and/or female dominate cast went had a huge success. Twilight was a huge success with a female lead and a bunch of shirtless men. I don't really understand her point.

The same reason why a fighter blames a sore thumb for their loss.

People using Captain Marvel as a barometer are wrong. That movie was shit and if it wasn't for being sandwiched between infinity War and End Game it would have done much worse numbers.

Based on their personalities and statements in interviews I would like to see Kristen Stewart and Brie Larson in a cunt off. I would have a lot of trouble predicting the winner in advance.

I too like spending $15 on popcorn and a soda to watch a terrible movie.

I saw the trailer.... this had "watch on Netflix if you're bored" written all over it. Not parting with $30.00 for that.

Yeah. I'm probably going to see it at some point when I'm really bored. It's not exactly a high priority and I hardly watch any movies any more.

And damn something is seriously wrong with me. I almost had tears of joy during the John Wick scene where Halle Berry slid under the table and the two dogs jumped over and attacked those dudes. I've been watching too many animal rescue videos lately.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back