The Movies of Kevin Costner - Which are you favourites?

Choose as many as you want, cos sonny, I don't give a shit

• Total voters
in b4 some hipster piece of shit says 'what no [insert indie piece of trash here]'
What no Tin Cup?
{<BJPeen}{<BJPeen}{<BJPeen}{<BJPeen}{<BJPeen}{<BJPeen}

Open Range and The Highwaymen are the movies I liked him best in from that list.

Dances with wolves even better cause i've been to south dakota where it was made and met some lakota sioux as well .

Silverado because it is a fun western. Danny Glover, Jeff Goldblum, Keven Kline, Brian Dennehy, John Cleese.....
Revenge because it's one of those movies that I remember decades later despite it being little known. Brutal tale of betrayal and ......well, revenge
Some of the other big ones are OK, I liked Dances with Wolves, Bull Durham, The Untouchable, and I thought Waterworld and the Postman were not nearly as bad as everyone makes them out to be.
That being said I cast a vote of 3000 miles to Graceland because like in Mr. Brooks, he makes a fairly convincing sociopath.

Speaking of Mads I have a soft spot for Blink as well, not a bad little serial killer movie
Not my favourite blind female in a serial killer movie, that goes to Jennifer 8

I really liked Dexter as well, we just rewatched series 1, very enjoyable again
BLINK/JENNIFER 8 fall into the same "Weirdly Coincidental" category, along with MISSION TO MARS/RED PLANET, DANTE'S PEAK/VOLCANO, DEEP IMPACT/ARMAGGEDDON. And it's the only pairing where I enjoy both (even Aidan Quinn and Andy Garcia occupy the same space). Michael Apted is an underrated director.

It's important for me that you know
a2ee7f33-0082-45fc-94e4-45a06b851f4f_text_hi.gif

at the level of earnestness
28101805-76e1-4d38-957a-ff26ed5b2939_text_hi.gif

of lifelong liar who only now wants to tell her deepest truth
b95df552-9a06-48b0-b722-a10ed8e10dae_text_hi.gif

--look this post squarely between the eyes and HEAR IT --
ff770cd5-9375-4d8e-b19e-a9469f20446f_text_hi.gif

(I mean this is like Mr. Orange confessing to Mr. White over here)
54826ffd-d7a7-4cbd-a5ff-029013f360c3_text_hi.gif

I. Hate. DEXTER.

BLINK/JENNIFER 8 fall into the same "Weirdly Coincidental" category, along with MISSION TO MARS/RED PLANET, DANTE'S PEAK/VOLCANO, DEEP IMPACT/ARMAGGEDDON. And it's the only pairing where I enjoy both (even Aidan Quinn and Andy Garcia occupy the same space). Michael Apted is an underrated director.

It's important for me that you know
a2ee7f33-0082-45fc-94e4-45a06b851f4f_text_hi.gif

at the level of earnestness
28101805-76e1-4d38-957a-ff26ed5b2939_text_hi.gif

of lifelong liar who only now wants to tell her deepest truth
b95df552-9a06-48b0-b722-a10ed8e10dae_text_hi.gif

--look this post squarely between the eyes and HEAR IT --
ff770cd5-9375-4d8e-b19e-a9469f20446f_text_hi.gif

(I mean this is like Mr. Orange confessing to Mr. White over here)
54826ffd-d7a7-4cbd-a5ff-029013f360c3_text_hi.gif

I. Hate. DEXTER.
So just to clarify, you're not too keen on Dexter?

In before dummies complain about Robin Hood not have an english accent, but most should realize what they spoke back in England during that time wouldn't sound like brits now, so what's the fucking point?

This is a GREAT flick. Would have chosen for sure. Went Untouchables, Robin Hood (it's a little embarrassing how much I enjoy this movie) and Bull Durham. Honestly though, after I watched Dances with Wolves and Waterworld I made an executive decision to avoid his movies and damn near lived by that decision.

I went with

Field of Dreams
Prince of Thieves
JFK
No Way Out
Dances with Wolves
A Perfect World
The Untouchables

All awesome movies in my opinion with quality Costner performances.

I watched JFK recently actually. Really compelling central performance there. Costner delivers the goods in that trial scene for sure. It’s really quality filmmaking from Stone and co. and I forgot how much Williams’ score complements and outright enhances key scenes in the film (The Zapruder analysis scene being a key example). That said, I read some of Bugliosi’s book about the assassination and damn if he doesn’t shut down conspiracy theories right quick. Still, regardless of what one believes about Kennedy’s murder, JFK is well made and entertaining.

Prince of Thieves is legit fun in my opinion. Robin Hood story has been done ad nauseum but I think that’s easily one of the best interpretations. Costner and Freeman are ideally cast (accent notwithstanding) but Rickman absolutely steals the show.

No Way Out is awesome. I always felt the twist ending was a cop out but the rest of the film is great. The whole plot- with Costner being assigned to lead the investigation to catch himself and trying to thwart it long enough to exonerate himself is inspired. For those who haven’t seen it- it wasn’t as big a hit as some of the other films on this list- highly recommend it. One of my favorite thriller of the late 80s.

Dances with Wolves is great on a technical and narrative level. It’s a straightforward story but one told very well.

Field of Dreams is so emotionally resonant and a total classic.

The Untouchables is a classic as well. Really one of DePalma’s best and stacked with an awesome cast. RIP Sir Sean! Thatsh the Chicago way!

and. A Perfect World- understated, masterful drama. One of Clint’s best films of the 90s and one of Costner’s finest performances.

Last edited:
The Guardian was pretty decent. Kind of like Top Gun for Rescue Divers. Not Top Gun level but not an embarrassment to the premise.

Same director who did the great 1993 The Fugitive. Guy can make an effective movie.

A Perfect World up there on the all time list for underrated movie and underrated performance. Probably Costner's best acting.

I completely forgot that was one of Clint Eastwoods first movies directed. Eastwood wasnt so heavy handed early in his career. Good flick.

Untouchables and the Bodyguard.

Lynch's Dune is so incoherent that I can't make it through more than once (and barely that) despite some fine shots and set design. There's a good reason Dave let Mr. Smithee have the credit for that one.

I think Waterworld wasn't that bad though. Some good ideas mostly not thought through entirely or executed perfectly but all in all, could have been much worse.

David Lynch didn't have final cut. I am going through the audio book of dune and the movie has lot of the parts but needed at least another hour. Dune is a good book that is more about politics than SCI fi. Frank Herbert has a lot of interesting ideas in the book. I would compare the story in a lot of ways to Blade Runner 2049 in how a lot of the ideas are bigger than the story. I was mad that the new Dune movie by Vilenevue got pushed back to fall of 2021 because of the pandemic.

I went with

Field of Dreams
Prince of Thieves
JFK
No Way Out
Dances with Wolves
A Perfect World
The Untouchables

All awesome movies in my opinion with quality Costner performances.

I watched JFK recently actually. Really compelling central performance there. Costner delivers the goods in that trial scene for sure. It’s really quality filmmaking from Stone and co. and I forgot how much Williams’ score complements and outright enhances key scenes in the film (The Zapruder analysis scene being a key example). That said, I read some of Bugliosi’s book about the assassination and damn if he doesn’t shut down conspiracy theories right quick. Still, regardless of what one believes about Kennedy’s murder, JFK is well made and entertaining.

Prince of Thieves is legit fun in my opinion. Robin Hood story has been done ad nauseum but I think that’s easily one of the best interpretations. Costner and Freeman are ideally cast (accent notwithstanding) but Rickman absolutely steals the show.

No Way Out is awesome. I always felt the twist ending was a cop out but the rest of the film is great. The whole plot- with Costner being assigned to lead the investigation to catch himself and trying to thwart it long enough to exonerate himself is inspired. For those who haven’t seen it- it wasn’t as big a hit as some of the other films on this list- highly recommend it. One of my favorite thriller of the late 80s.

Dances with Wolves is great on a technical and narrative level. It’s a straightforward story but one told very well.

Field of Dreams is so emotionally resonant and a total classic.

The Untouchables is a classic as well. Really one of DePalma’s best and stacked with an awesome cast. RIP Sir Sean! Thatsh the Chicago way!

and. A Perfect World- understated, masterful drama. One of Clint’s best films of the 90s and one of Costner’s finest performances.
Yep I'm a huge fan of No Way Out, really is a top thriller, great cast too

I like a bunch of his movies. DWW, Open Range, Untouchables, Field of Dreams, Highwaymen, Bull Durham are probably my favorites. Mr. Brooks was solid too, different role for him. He had a movie where he banged 3 generations of women, I think I remember thinking it wasn't bad. I loved Robin Hood as a kid, I remember seeing it in the theaters when I was 8 or 9, watched it again last year and it didn't age well.

No Tin Cup that's a top 3xCostner film not even listed ab likely his best film to rewatch. This poll is dogshit

Back