The Movies of Kevin Costner - Which are you favourites?

Choose as many as you want, cos sonny, I don't give a shit

• Total voters
BLINK/JENNIFER 8 fall into the same "Weirdly Coincidental" category, along with MISSION TO MARS/RED PLANET, DANTE'S PEAK/VOLCANO, DEEP IMPACT/ARMAGGEDDON. And it's the only pairing where I enjoy both (even Aidan Quinn and Andy Garcia occupy the same space). Michael Apted is an underrated director.

It's important for me that you know
a2ee7f33-0082-45fc-94e4-45a06b851f4f_text_hi.gif

at the level of earnestness
28101805-76e1-4d38-957a-ff26ed5b2939_text_hi.gif

of lifelong liar who only now wants to tell her deepest truth
b95df552-9a06-48b0-b722-a10ed8e10dae_text_hi.gif

--look this post squarely between the eyes and HEAR IT --
ff770cd5-9375-4d8e-b19e-a9469f20446f_text_hi.gif

(I mean this is like Mr. Orange confessing to Mr. White over here)
54826ffd-d7a7-4cbd-a5ff-029013f360c3_text_hi.gif

I. Hate. DEXTER.
<Lmaoo>

Field of Dreams and Highwaymen I feel like are a notch above the rest of his.

Also, for love of the game is a decent love story disguised as a baseball movie

fuck anyone who doesn't like field of Dreams. They can die in a fire

I wonder if Robin Hood PoT's would hold up to an adult watching. I loved that movie as a kid despite the Bryan Adams soundtrack.

I thought the Russell Crowes one wasn't bad several years back either.

I've pretty much assumed most of Sherdog is the equivalent of Will Patton's character from NO WAY OUT from the reactions I've had to watch.
Will Patton is one of those actors, like a Brent Briscoe- that make movies just better ..

Everyone forgot The Big Chill! That's his best movie by far! Oh, and add Tin Cup to the poll.

No Way Out is my favorite. Didn't see that "scene" coming.
The Untouchables is my second.

Open Range is an incredibly underrated movie.

One of the best westerns made in the last 30+ years.

Robert Duvall should win some sort of award for being an awesome actor that no one ever talked about.

Robert Duvall is an amazing man, I don't think he ever had a bad performance. It helps that he's Robert Duvall and that if he only ever plays Robert Duvall in a movie then that's enough

This thread just made me realize I really dont like Kevin Costner.

YOU AIN'T EVEN IN JERSEY FOOL!!

I wonder if Robin Hood PoT's would hold up to an adult watching. I loved that movie as a kid despite the Bryan Adams soundtrack.

I thought the Russell Crowes one wasn't bad several years back either.

I liked it, rewatched POT, the Russel one and Robin & Marion this year, all good fun still. POT very campy but it's a kids adventure that is still fun to watch

Everyone forgot The Big Chill! That's his best movie by far! Oh, and add Tin Cup to the poll.

That is such a great movie but I was so desperate for Meg Tilly to have a shower scene or something

1. Tin cup
2. Untouchables
3. Open Range
4. Silverado
5. Dances with wolves

Will Patton is one of those actors, like a Brent Briscoe- that make movies just better ..
He's a great tortured soul, and a grave villain.

I was doing that thing with a friend where you crack each other up by adding to the joke and it just keeps getting more ridiculous. It started off as a concept for a television show called I TELL YOU WHAT, and it would star Will Patton, Stephen Lang, and Chris Cooper as three brothers -- since they essentially occupy this same space of "beleaguered country boy" -- constantly stepped on by greater forces than themselves and issuing nothing but insults to one another about how shittier each one has it. I think we figured out that Will was always the single one, and it was almost certain he had sex with his dog but nobody ever wanted to bring it up even though he kinda would mention it.

Oh I remember now, that's right: they all beat their wives -- and sometimes Will's dog would come in with a black eye.

The Guardian was pretty decent. Kind of like Top Gun for Rescue Divers. Not Top Gun level but not an embarrassment to the premise.

Coastie here:
First they're called Rescue Swimmers, their actual rating/mos is Aviation Survival Technicians (ASTs), and yes they get hyped at the Guardian.

As a Boatswain's Mate I prefer The Finest Hours as a Coast Guard movie (plus it's based on a true story)

There is a level of BS in the Guardian that everyone in the CG recognizes but it does sell well to the public.

I do enjoy giving my AST friend as much shit as possible using the movie...but he is a badass and a former instructor at the school.

Yes I am slightly salty as when I tell folks I'm in the USCG they ask if I've seen the Guardian, also salty because more people are rescued by boat, we just don't have cameras to record it all.

Folks are also amazed when I tell them in 18 years I've been in a helo one time.

Last edited:
Mr. Brooks deserves to be on that list. Great serial killer movie.

Brent Briscoe would’ve made the perfect Joe Exotic

i actually didn’t know he died

That would be my #3. Costner is one of the most unique stars in movie history. Rarely do I find myself so at odds with the general esteem of an actor's filmography. Apart from Dances with Wolves and Field of Dreams, almost none of his most acclaimed films are my favorites.

GOAT of the sports movie genre, hands down:
  • Field of Dreams
  • Tin Cup
  • Bull Durham
  • Draft Day
  • For the Love of the Game
  • McFarland, USA

Back