• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The movie was better than the book

A better question might be has there every been a great film based on a really crap book.
The Shining was a meh book but an absolutely fantastic film.

Clockwork Orange

I like the book a lot, especially the last chapter that is missing from the movie, but the movie gave the whole story an unique aesthetic that the book itself did not deliver.

Everything in this post is true. Good choice.

Haven't read it but isn't The Godfather supposed to be a bit of a shit book?
I found It very good
It had some redundancy at times, but overall i loved It

Did they ever make a book out of Moby Dick?

Lawrence of Arabia

The movie is a classic, and the reason I say that it's better than the book its based on "Seven Pillars of Wisdom" is because the film had great performance from Peter O'Toole and outstanding cinematography.

People that say the book is better than the movie are pretentious and want you to think they’re smart because they read books.

It’s the original “I’m a vegan” or “I do CrossFit”

Or, it's the original, "I'm literate." Could go either way.

Anyone who says The Shining is a hipster Kubrick fanboy.

Jaws seems like a good answer though. It’s been around 20 years since I’ve read the book but the mafia, plus Brody’s cheating wife, plus a killer shark seems like way too much to be packed into a book that’s really not that long.
The book was worth a read. A love affair and the mafia in Amity were appropriately cut out of the movie adaption though.

I started reading them at about 13 or so. It took until I was 47 to finish them and I still don't know why I bothered. The Hobbit however I have read dozens of times...

They’re not that hard to finish I mean seriously.

As an 11 year old I read the entire fellowship of the ring in a single day whilst in a hotel room in Florence.

They’re not that hard to finish I mean seriously.

As an 11 year old I read the entire
fellowship of the ring in a single day whilst in a hotel room in Florence.

I just didn't enjoy them. I'd finish one , get halfway through another and just put it down and leave it for a few years. Like I said , loved the hobbit which is an easier read I concede.

Reading is for cocksuckers. Why would anybody read a book? I wonder if these sophisticates have ever kicked back and scratched their balls while watching a movie. That's life.

Reading is for cocksuckers. Why would anybody read a book? I wonder if these sophisticates have ever kicked back and scratched their balls while watching a movie. That's life.
tenor.gif

A rather elementary way of thinking.

Does anime and manga count? I'd say the last Dororo anime is leaps and bounds better than the manga it's based.

This is the opposite of the usual saying.

I really liked the movie "Drive" so I bought the book it was based on, which was pretty dam average.

Also, I know people are going to disagree with this, but I really didn't enjoy the Lord of the rings books, but I really enjoyed the films.

Ya got any?

Didn't know Drive was based on a book. @Zer

every movie is better than every book.

Did they ever make a book out of Moby Dick?

They're working on the franchise rights for the book. It'll be a shared universe with 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea.

Actually, that sounds pretty good.

Back