The most hardest and brutal Pill to swallow when it comes to Aldo

The more JAL replies, the more they look like a clueless n00b. Bet they started watching in the last 3 years ish, and all the nonsense being spouted is directly pulled from their 'analysis' of fight finder and Wikipedia.

Classic "in hindsight " nonsense.

he made a mistake as all fighters do, all the time. of course, you know this.
For a large chunk of Aldo's career the UFC had no lightweight or featherweight division.
Fighter's like Chimaev seen McGregor at lightweight and started coming to the UFC in the Modern era.
The level Aldo fought at - isn't the same as Volkanovski or Holloway, who holds records for more knockouts and wins than Aldo

Last edited:
And 7 of his 9 defenses were in the UFC, so...?
It wasn't the same quality. Edgar, one of Aldo's top wins, was already beat twice in a row by Benson Henderson. Florian also retired after the Aldo fight.

I would build an argument, if the UFC paid more money, Muay Thai fighter's and the people Demeterious Johnson is competing against now, would have all come over and smashed Aldo's record.

If you put Topuria, O'Malley, Benson Henderson, Dillashaw, and a lot of people there with weight cuts and the right time like Aldo, they would defend for 10 years too.

Aldo had a much longer streak with more opponents. Also he beat a prime Frankie Edgar just off losing his LW belt. when max beat charles it was pre-prime chuck and it was a weird throat punch tko.

saying volk and max are higher on the goat list is like saying strickland has accomplished more at MW than Adesanya because he beat him.

For a large chunk of Aldo's career the UFC had no lightweight or featherweight division.
Fighter's like Chimaev seen McGregor at lightweight and started coming to the UFC in the Modern era.
The level Aldo fought at - isn't the same as Volkanovski or Holloway, who holds records for more knockouts and wins than Aldo
????? you have to be trolling

"the ufc didn't have featherweights back then so even tho aldo dominated and finished everyone, it doesn't count because it wasn't in the ufc"

Aldo had a much longer streak with more opponents. Also he beat a prime Frankie Edgar just off losing his LW belt. when max beat charles it was pre-prime chuck and it was a weird throat punch tko.

saying volk and max are higher on the goat list is like saying strickland has accomplished more at MW than Adesanya because he beat him.
It's more like saying Dillashaw is better than Garbrandt if someone try and ignore all Garbrandts losses and call Garbrandt the division Goat.

????? you have to be trolling

"the ufc didn't have featherweights back then so even tho aldo dominated and finished everyone, it doesn't count because it wasn't in the ufc"
No it's because they only started training to join the UFC, like Umar Nurmagomedov, long after Aldo was fighting.

I could start a new sport basically and dominate for 10 years too until people like the Nurmagomedovs come. It doesn't mean I'm the goat when they're facing higher competition now.

Aldo isn’t the FW goat? He has twice as many defenses as Volk, and three times as many defenses as Holloway. I can’t think of a greater FW.
I don’t care about defenses, I care about wins. Volk has better wins accomplished more dominantly with less total losses

It wasn't the same quality. Edgar, one of Aldo's top wins, was already beat twice in a row by Benson Henderson. Florian also retired after the Aldo fight.

I would build an argument, if the UFC paid more money, Muay Thai fighter's and the people Demeterious Johnson is competing against now, would have all come over and smashed Aldo's record.

If you put Topuria, O'Malley, Benson Henderson, Dillashaw, and a lot of people there with weight cuts and the right time like Aldo, they would defend for 10 years too.
benson henderson the 170-pounder? who he fought at 155? that has a lot to do with the featherweight division. edgar got robbed in the 2nd fight btw.

It's more like saying Dillashaw is better than Garbrandt if someone try and ignore all Garbrandts losses and call Garbrandt the division Goat.

No it's because they only started training to join the UFC, like Umar Nurmagomedov, long after Aldo was fighting.

I could start a new sport basically and dominate for 10 years too until people like the Nurmagomedovs come. It doesn't mean I'm the goat when they're facing higher competition now.
tf does the nurmagomedov family have to do with anything? <lmao> if only mental gymnastics were an olympic sport

benson henderson the 170-pounder? who he fought at 155? that has a lot to do with the featherweight division. edgar got robbed in the 2nd fight btw.
He beat Edgar twice right before Aldo beat Edgar. Benson is brave to be able to go to 170 like Chandler, i don't think Aldo is. Certainly after 2015 (USADA) anyway.

He beat Edgar twice right before Aldo beat Edgar. Benson is brave to be able to go to 170 like Chandler, i don't think Aldo is. Certainly after 2015 (USADA) anyway.
he beat edgar in a different weight class. by the same logic, volkanovski sucks as a FW because he lost to islam twice lol

Yeah exactly. Edgar just got knocked out of a weight class and it's one of the best wins on Aldo's resume. Why do you think Aldo was so shook in 2015? Do you really think it was just McGregor prancing around and saying stuff? It didn't affect Nate Diaz, who also lost to Benson Henderson, but still managed to beat McGregor because his performance didn't dramatically change in 2015, coincidentally when USADA joined UFC.
who cares if edgar lost to the champ twice at LW? he was the clear cut 2nd best FW for the next 3 or 4 years.

Ultimately Aldo was fighter of the year before USADA joined in 2015. A lot of fighter's, not just Aldo, reduced in quality dramatically after this.

It's just basic statistics that from heavyweight to flyweight, the number of champions reduces each time. Because the fight pool of fighter's is smaller each time basically.
aldo hasn't dramatically reduced in quality lol he won the title again shortly after losing it and has found a new home as a top 5 bantamweight in his mid to late 30's lmao all during USADA

Has to be a troll. I'm not a Conor hater nor an Aldo fanatic (though I'm enjoying his career resurgence). But Conor's wins over Alvarez at LW and Diaz at WW hardly count as FW achievements.

Simple way to solve this:
Ask your #1 and #2 positions on your GOAT list who's the GOAT FW.
You're welcome.

aldo hasn't dramatically reduced in quality lol he won the title again shortly after losing it and has found a new home as a top 5 bantamweight in his mid to late 30's lmao all during USADA
Like Belfort and Hendricks, 2015 was difficult for Aldo.
Has to be a troll. I'm not a Conor hater nor an Aldo fanatic (though I'm enjoying his career resurgence). But Conor's wins over Alvarez at LW and Diaz at WW hardly count as FW achievements.
no diaz's win on short notice vs conor, whereas Aldo had a camp and was scared in 2015

Back