@purple
Reaction score
ALDO aint even top 3 FW.
1. VOLKANOVSKI
2. Max Holloway
3 Conor mcgregor
4. Aldo

Lets compare wins...
Volk beaten : Max x3, Aldo, Yair, Ortega (honorable mentions Mendes, zombie)

Max : Aldo x2, Ortega, Pettis, Yair and Ortega (honorable mention Allen, Gaethje, swanson)

Conor : Max, dustin, Aldo, mendes, Alvarez.( honorable mention Diaz)

Aldo: Frankie, mendez, zombie, Swanson. (honorable mention Faber)

You dont get to be the GOAT of the division just because you defend your belt more times against taxi drivers, Aldo literally brought his belt from another organization and started defending it in the UFC.. if Conor, max and Alex were given the same opportunity they'd have 10+ defences. What matters is who has the better wins.

Also he lost to all three of those guys in his prime. Just because you lose to better fighters dont mean you're out of your prime all of a sudden. he was in his late 20s and early 30s when he lost to these guys.

in before you say, he had an early prime lol... he is still winning fights so clearly he isn't washed like Ferg or Woodley... he just lost to better fighters in his prime, nothing wrong with that.

0 title defences Mcgregor over 9 title defences Aldo (most in FW history) is absolutely ridiculous
Even with the 13 second win head to head, aldos longevity and defenses and resume eclipses Conors FW career
Also conors win over eddie at least is irrelevant to fw goat legacy

boo-outrage.gif

0 title defences Mcgregor over 9 title defences Aldo (most in FW history) is absolutely ridiculous
Even with the 13 second win head to head, aldos longevity and defenses and resume eclipses Conors FW career
having a win over Eddie is better than beating Edger who is coming to lower weight class for the first time on a two losing streak... and thats literally Aldo's best win lol.

having a win over Eddie is better than beating Edger who is coming to lower weight class for the first time on a two losing streak... and thats literally Aldo's best win lol.
Maybe but it's irrelevant to FW GOAT conversations as it happened at LW. Let's not even pretend Eddie was some world beater on some amazing streak. He'd arguably lost all three of his UFC fights before winning the title.

THIS.

In particular : "0 title defences Mcgregor over 9 title defences Aldo (most in FW history) is absolutely ridiculous"
That counts McG out in every single way possible as any all-time anything. I'd call him a total fraud for utter failure to ever defend a belt in UFC and Cage Warriors. His mouth is his principal talent.

EDIT: One more thing, McG's recent (now deleted) tweet about Ryan Garcia is a classic case of psychological projection. Have a think (if you want to) about what I mean by that.

People always go crazy after a recent win for certain fighters, so I get the point of the thread.
I do however hold Aldo over McGregor at FW, despite the loss. 1 Volk 2 Max 3 Aldo. Based on overall accomplishments at that weight.

Frankie fought at LW . Maybe not the Goat but he fought harder competition and did not cut. So ponder away on Aldo, Max, Volk woosing at FW.

His defences were against fighter's like Urijah Faber, Cub Swanson, and Chad Mendes. Even if it's 9 defences. Chad had McGregor nearly TKO'd and ran out of cardio or something.

Sorry, I know it's unpopular.

Also McGregor was able to watch tapes of Aldo then sit and point out to Dana how Aldo charges into punches.

Reactions: PND
You're comparing wins and leave more than half of Aldo's wins off the list.

Hell, Mike Brown was the consensus #1 FW in the world when Aldo beat him. But you don't know who he was so I guess it doesn't count.
Truth is before the merger no major mma promotion was running a FLW, BW, FW division. The vast majority of the top ranked fighters in the world were fighting in the WEC. This promotion was considered the top of the mountain for anyone under 155.

If you only know the last 4 years of mma history, don't make a list of notable wins for a guy that's been fighting for 15 years.

Last edited:
It hurts your argument when you are mentioning lightweight wins and making a welterweight win an honorable mention. It’s like it was just an attempt to fluff Conor’s resume to make your argument to look more valid. This is coming from a guy who really doesn’t mind Conor.

Also can’t discredit a lot of Aldo’s WEC wins just because they weren’t in the UFC. (Not sure why Faber was only a honorable mention, he was the man back in the day) That’s basically where UFC’s featherweight division resided before it was brought into the UFC. Why wouldn’t it count? I would get it if there was a stacked already created featherweight division in the UFC and you considered WEC the minor leagues, but that wasn’t the case obviously.

No disrespect intended because we all have to start somewhere, but did you not watch MMA back then? Only thing that would make sense to me unless you are just twisting things to appear right in this circumstance which I suppose is common among people. Oh well.

Back