The metal thread \m/

i love early Soilwork

Me too man. I like the later stuff too but once Peter and Ola both left it was a different band.

Funny thing, Thiago "Marreta" Santos kinda have a Soilwork tattoo. LOL

I really doubt he knows and likes the band, but I believe he was maybe browsing Google for a badass sledgehammer (marreta in portuguese) draw and picked up their logo. He then replaced the icepick and some other modifications. Or maybe the tattoo artist did it.

file.png

66ad7cbf3988640923c4a0db0877c1c3.jpg

Funny thing, Thiago "Marreta" Santos kinda have a Soilwork tattoo. LOL

I really doubt he knows and likes the band, but I believe he was maybe browsing Google for a badass sledgehammer (marreta in portuguese) draw and picked up their logo. He then replaced the icepick and some other modifications. Or maybe the tattoo artist did it.

file.png

66ad7cbf3988640923c4a0db0877c1c3.jpg

Maybe he fucking loves Soilwork!!!

:D

That would be cool as hell, but in Brazil is almost impossible. <45>

Maybe if it was Iron Maiden, Metallica or Sepultura.
So Chael was right all along they still don't have internet in Brazil!!

<TheWire1>

So Chael was right all along they still don't have internet in Brazil!!

<TheWire1>

LOL

It's pretty much that for a lot of people who are into metal here.

They could learn about a lot of bands through the internet, but they are happy to listen to the same bands their entire life.

Soilwork only toured here once and draw like a few hundred people. Pretty sad. Same for Dark Tranquillity, In Flames, At The Gates.

Anyone any suggestions of power metal with harsh vocals?

Not big into chanty folky stuff (Ensiferum)
Listen to a lot of melodic death and there's sometimes a fine line there (listen to the Swedish and Finnish bands, don't like Bodom at all)
Maybe something closer to first album from Wintersun
Maybe something more guitar driven (a la DragonForce)

Does it exist?
I mean, how can anyone say wintersun isn’t a power metal band? As far as I’m concerned they aren’t quite melodeath. Not hard enough, same with new Children Of Bodom, check out Norther.

New Necrot album

pretty good, straightforward

Not as good as their last album but its a damn fine album in its own right

Lovin' all the Melodeath talk in here.

Favorite genre of Metal when I was a teenager.

Back