The metal thread \m/

It's Geezer Butler's birthday today. Everyone should play at least one classic Sabbath song or an album of theirs!
110197823_10157902938897639_2749623500260894082_o.jpg

So I ended up sorting and cataloging my record collection yesterday. Last time I did it was like almost two years ago. This is just a small amount of what I have. I put my most listened to artists and bands next to my turntable. The rest of my collection is in my closet taking up four shelves.
k3pWZwx.jpg

I'm currently listening to this amazing record Mania by Swedish Stoner Metal band Truckfighters. This band is amazing and if anyone is a fan of the more Doom/Stoner side of Metal should give these guys a listen. You should start with their debut Gravity X released in 2005. Gravity X is considered their magnus opus
vPgelqt.jpg

I found a copy of Steve Martin's Wild and Crazy Guy comedy album among my collection which was originally my dads. He gave me his record collection a few years back. Inside the sleeve was this photo signed by Steve himself. I called my pops to ask how he got that signed and he told me saw Steve live during the tour supporting the album and he saw him outside after the gig and manage to get him to sign the that photo. How cool is that!
YzmF9bC.jpg

My favorite Deicide album. So many crushing riffs.

KILL THE CHRISTIAN!

It's been a hot minute since I listened to Deicide. I used to listen to them all the time in high school and college. I stopped listening to their new stuff after Scars of the Crucifix. It just wasn't the same after the Hoffman brothers left the band in 2004. After that the band well in my view became another cookie cutter Death Metal band.

Not enough love for Meshuggah ITT

Saw them at a festival here in the UK last summer and it was one of the best live shows I’ve ever seen. There was an electricity and anticipation in the air just before they came on that I’ve never experienced at a gig or festival before. Truly an incredible live band. They actually opened with Pravus that night.

Anyone any suggestions of power metal with harsh vocals?

Not big into chanty folky stuff (Ensiferum)
Listen to a lot of melodic death and there's sometimes a fine line there (listen to the Swedish and Finnish bands, don't like Bodom at all)
Maybe something closer to first album from Wintersun
Maybe something more guitar driven (a la DragonForce)

Does it exist?

Anyone any suggestions of power metal with harsh vocals?

Not big into chanty folky stuff (Ensiferum)
Listen to a lot of melodic death and there's sometimes a fine line there (listen to the Swedish and Finnish bands, don't like Bodom at all)
Maybe something closer to first album from Wintersun
Maybe something more guitar driven (a la DragonForce)

Does it exist?
Have you heard the first 2 albums from Ensiferum? You should check out the album I posted from Angra, not harsh vocals at all but Dragonforce idolises Angra. As soon as you add in harsh vocals it's usually no longer referred to as power metal. You might like Kalmah or some early Insomnium. You could also check out Whispered and Exmortus. Exmortus is super shreddy.

Back