The Matrix vs Aliens

The Matrix vs Aliens

• Total voters
Very close but Aliens edges it out imo, despite having that annoying child.

Alot of fans were annoyed that they just killed of Newt off screen between pt 2 & 3.

Dark Horse Comics wrote a great follow up story with Newt having grown up.

She barely has any lines in Aliens how is she annoying if ya don't mind me asking

Alot of fans were annoyed that they just killed of Newt off screen between pt 2 & 3.

Dark Horse Comics wrote a great follow up story with Newt having grown up.

She barely has any lines in Aliens how is she annoying if ya don't mind me asking
Apart from the terrible acting, her shrill voice every time she screamed was ear splitting.

Your talking about Prometheus. Well clearly that's Greek mythology. Ridley Scott directed Alien & Prometheus and there's no denying the allegories, but Aliens is James Cameron the same guy who gave us T2 and I ain't seeing the religious ties.

On topic, Aliens for the win since the Wachowski sisters ripped of The Adventures Of Luther Arkwright
Should’ve clarified;
Yeah, I meant Ridley Scott’s additions on Prometheus & Covenant.
Not Cameron’s version.
///—-
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.in...ery-of-prometheus-kill-its-sequel-109273/amp/
Well, if you theorized that it was because we crucified Jesus, you win! Confirming that at one point the script explicitly spelled this out, Scott says that was the direction they were taking with the story — at least at first. “We definitely did, and then we thought it was a little too on the nose,” he admits. “But if you look at it as an ‘our children are misbehaving down there’ scenario, there are moments where it looks like we’ve gone out of control, running around with armor and skirts, which of course would be the Roman Empire. And they were given a long run. A thousand years before their disintegration actually started to happen. And you can say, ‘Let’s send down one more of our emissaries to see if he can stop it.’ Guess what? They crucified him.”

Should’ve clarified;
Yeah, I meant Ridley Scott’s additions on Prometheus & Covenant.
Not Cameron’s version.
///—-
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.in...ery-of-prometheus-kill-its-sequel-109273/amp/
Well, if you theorized that it was because we crucified Jesus, you win! Confirming that at one point the script explicitly spelled this out, Scott says that was the direction they were taking with the story — at least at first. “We definitely did, and then we thought it was a little too on the nose,” he admits. “But if you look at it as an ‘our children are misbehaving down there’ scenario, there are moments where it looks like we’ve gone out of control, running around with armor and skirts, which of course would be the Roman Empire. And they were given a long run. A thousand years before their disintegration actually started to happen. And you can say, ‘Let’s send down one more of our emissaries to see if he can stop it.’ Guess what? They crucified him.”

There's actually 2 scripts for Prometheus.
I'm in the minority having enjoyed Prometheus & Covenant having even read the prequel Origins by Allan Dean Foster. But there's no denying Aliens is just a badass action flick

I enjoyed them too... just enormous departures.

Not surprising considering he went on to direct Exodus: God's & Kings.

And pretty sure Riddley just busted out Prometheus to block Neill Blomkamp from making his own Alien film.

Thing is Riddley is irrelevant regarding the poll in the OP

Aliens is one of the all time great action movies and the matrix is a lame movie that I fell asleep in.

Aliens...the practical effects alone are mindblowing

Both decent. Both overrated, imo.

Haven’t seen either in 15 years. No intention of watching either any time soon.

If I had to choose, Aliens.

No. Lol.

This is like asking me to choose between fucking Prime Raquel Welch or Prime Lynda Carter.

I’m a complete Matrix mark. I saw the original movie in theaters seven times. But I still picked Aliens.

Aliens wins based purely on the fact that you're basically forced to compare ones sequel to the others first. The original Alien obliterates The Matrix in almost every category. It's not even a competition.

Aliens also had Bill Paxton. That alone makes it a first round KO via spinning flying heel kick.

ALiens does have a bit more depth to it as well, The Matrix is really just a standard hero story with some window dressing.

Both films have their own merits. Aliens is a very good scifi action movie with some memorable scenes. But it's a sequel so the lore had been already created.
Matrix in contrast was the first film of a brand new universe which revolutionized multiple genres and dramatically raised the bar for fx effects. Plus it has probably more epic action scenes, memorable dialogues, cool songs/themes than 99% of the films out there.

Last edited:
Back