Television THE MANDALORIAN Season 2 (Gina Carano Fired Due to Her Social Media Posts)

Rate season 2 of The Mandalorian

• Total voters
Are you guys going to watch it as it comes out or are you going to wait and binge watch it?

Don't know shit about the novels but this seems interesting.

There has been talk that Ahsoka (I don't watch Clones) will make an appearance and have her spinoff.

Now I think Cobb Vanth and Boba may have there own spinoff as well.

I was hoping for a bigger episode but not bad for a premiere. The highlight was the two Mando's in flight together (no homo). Boba in the end was chills. Something tells me TO was an early favorite for Mando instead of Pedro, especially because it's a Space Western and TO was the star of Justified.
It’s neat and all Boba was in it but for Christ’s sake, come up with some new stuff and quit relying on nostalgia.

Kathleen Kennedy probably wrote and directed it

That’s how it works right? Bad stuff, KK had her fingers in the jar. Good stuff, KK was sent to a remote island without any input at all
KK bless... Everything she touchez turnz to gold!!!
icon_cheers.png

Just finished it - great episode.

Baby Yoda's crazy auntie <36> (that afro lady with the droids).

Cameo at the end was pretty cool.

Should be an interesting season - how many episodes this season?

Also, the Marshall guy stole Ankin's motor from his pod racer.

Early thoughts

Baby Yoda is still adorable.

Even though the trailer spoiled the Fight Club Fight I still liked it.

Soon as I heard Tatooine, Boba Fett hype intensified.

When Mando drove past a large skeleton on the way to the settlement I was just wondering if Kyatt Dragons on Tatooine were still a thing...

Imposter in Fett Armor was some blue balls

Kyatt Dragon!!!

Sand People!

Oh shit! Hessss backkk!

Mandalorian is back! Seems like an ambitious season.

I liked the season premiere episode. Self contained. Also liked seeing Mando + fake Mando side by side mid-air joining forces to fight the monster. I feel like they spent too much air time on the stupid fake green skinned fight club w/axes. I knew Plan A was going to fail since it was too easy and didn't showcase Mando's badassery. Interesting that's he's got the 100% sense of honor to throw down to re-take the Mando armor. Boba w/o the cool armor isn't anywhere as cool... but a chance to sell a different Boba action figure.

Are you guys going to watch it as it comes out or are you going to wait and binge watch it?
Original plan was to wait and binge in one month subscription, but couldn't resist since it's just $7 + tax and was needing something good to help erase a bad day's bad mood.

Initial attempts to watch the S2E1 and the Winter Soldier and Wandavision trailers were glitchy and/or failed. Just froze on recap screen while audio played. The trailers wouldn't work and I thought maybe certain videos were blocked from HDMI cable to TV like how ESPN+ is.

- Mando is still cool AF.

- The Cuteness is still strong with Baby Yoda.

- Dune called; they want their Sand Worms back;)

- Good action scenes. Particularly liked the Whistling Birds scene at the beginning.

- Was that Boba at the end?

- Slightly disappointed the Sand People didn't reference a massacre of their people by a certain Jedi a few decades ago...

Overall, a solid start to Season 2

Just finished it - great episode.

Baby Yoda's crazy auntie <36> (that afro lady with the droids).

Cameo at the end was pretty cool.

Should be an interesting season - how many episodes this season?

Also, the Marshall guy stole Ankin's motor from his pod racer.
8, one per week.

I liked the season premiere episode. Self contained. Also liked seeing Mando + fake Mando side by side mid-air joining forces to fight the monster. I feel like they spent too much air time on the stupid fake green skinned fight club w/axes. I knew Plan A was going to fail since it was too easy and didn't showcase Mando's badassery. Interesting that's he's got the 100% sense of honor to throw down to re-take the Mando armor. Boba w/o the cool armor isn't anywhere as cool... but a chance to sell a different Boba action figure.

Original plan was to wait and binge in one month subscription, but couldn't resist since it's just $7 + tax and was needing something good to help erase a bad day's bad mood.

Initial attempts to watch the S2E1 and the Winter Soldier and Wandavision trailers were glitchy and/or failed. Just froze on recap screen while audio played. The trailers wouldn't work and I thought maybe certain videos were blocked from HDMI cable to TV like how ESPN+ is.

Yeah, I had that problem as well. Screen kept freezing on me. Eventually settled down about ten minutes in.

- Mando is still cool AF.

- The Cuteness is still strong with Baby Yoda.

- Dune called; they want their Sand Worms back;)

- Good action scenes. Particularly liked the Whistling Birds scene at the beginning.

- Was that Boba at the end?

- Slightly disappointed the Sand People didn't reference a massacre of their people by a certain Jedi a few decades ago...

Overall, a solid start to Season 2
The Clone Wars actor was in credits, but not the credits that identified what role.

So Cobb Vanth was carryover of past book/comic continuity? I liked how the Boba armor's yellow shoulder pads flared out.

I have no idea if the timelines line up at all as I don't know much about Star Wars worlds. But is there any talk of Cad Bane being in Mandolorian? He was awesome in Clone Wars.

Kind of convenient how they explained how a Mando can survive being eaten by a Sarlacc. I'll take it.

And Dragon was on the money on how they referenced Tremors. I'm sure it'll make its rounds on yt geek punditry.

What was the explanation on how they can survive Sarlacc Pit? Was taking care of the kids and missed that scene. Thanks

I have no idea if the timelines line up at all as I don't know much about Star Wars worlds. But is there any talk of Cad Bane being in Mandolorian? He was awesome in Clone Wars.
Cad Bane was Clone Wars CGI cartoon, so prequels. Mando is after ROTJ.

Hasbro did recently release a Cad Bane action figure, so... Prior to Mando Season 1 they did release a Scout Trooper, Jawa.

What was the explanation on how they can survive Sarlacc Pit? Was taking care of the kids and missed that scene. Thanks
They didn't explicitly say. They just had Mando ingested (by a different monster, not Sarlacc) and come out alive and mission accomplished with green slime on his armor. Also the Boba armor was pretty much intact, so he probably survived unless the monster bit where the armor didn't cover.

Prior to that, they did comment abandoned Sarlacc Pit doesn't exist, countered by it does if the Sarlacc gets eaten.

Cad Bane would be 71 yrs old at this point, but nobody knows what his "Duros" species lifespan is. No way he's a Mando. No honor code. He doez not "walk the way of teh Mandalore."

This series takes place 9 ABY... which is:
  • 5 years after Return of the Jedi (Ep. 6) &
  • 23 years before The Force Awakens (Ep. 7)
The empire wasn't truly defeated until a year after Return of the Jedi (Ep. 6) & the remnants of the empire were still active... though they were supposed to be disarmed. New Republic was still having trouble picking up the pieces from the wars & creating a sense of unity in the galaxy.

Interestingly Luke is wandering around collecting artifacts n stuff so he could show up. Han Solo was starting another import/Export business & became pretty successful, so we could run into him & Chewy. Kylo Ren (Ben Solo) would be 4 years old. My fave MILF Ahsoka Tano (dibs) could easily be around somewhere. Rey Skywalker will be born in 6 yearz, which means that her dad... Sid's son... (ie... a failed clone of Sid's) could be wandering around.

Obviously they wanted the child for his DNA which points directly toward Sid being the ultimate end buyer... wouldn't it be cool if Sid himself showed up in an episode.

It's a pretty cool time period to explore.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back