The man who defeats Izzy:

Jon Jones will beat him , probably do it juiced up and on coke.

Cannonier 50-45
True.
A) No Sonnen&Wideman level wreslter in MW atm.
B) Even if someone with that wrestling level comes to UFC, he will not be able to get the title shot. MW top contenders are anti grapplers, custom made to blast wrestlers. Whitaker, Costa, Romero.

The only possible threat in near future is Jack but I dout he can get past those 3 anti grapplers.

Hmmm... I never realized this about the MW division. Anti-grappler gate keepers.
<TheWire1>

I think you're right. It looks like the stars have aligned perfectly for Adesanya to remain safe at the top for a while.

PS: What do you think about Jared Cannonier's chance against Adesanya?

This guy

"I'm undefeated, bitches!"

Hmmm... I never realized this about the MW division. Anti-grappler gate keepers.
<TheWire1>

I think you're right. It looks like the stars have aligned perfectly for Adesanya to remain safe at the top for a while.

PS: What do you think about Jared Cannonier's chance against Adesanya?
He looks like he got some serious power in him. But if it goes to pure striking match, Gynobender is more favorable.
He is Orthodox kickboxer and of course Gyno is much better kickboxer than him. His "boxing" may be better than gyno but if it comes to kickboxing, no way.
But he still got better possibility to beat the anime guy than Costa.

So you think someone can be a great grappler in 2 yrs? Never gonna happen. In grappling time is equal to skills. There are no exceptions in grappling bud. Takedown defense can be upgraded with short time comparably, but ground game? Never.
Silva submitted people and he actually fought real wreslters like Sonnen and Weidman. Yup he got destryoed by Wideman but it was due to his excessive clowning, not by a G&P TKO.
Gynobender has never met Sonnen level wrestler.

Takedown defense has been enough. He did go to ground with Gas and was never in any trouble.

Takedown defense has been enough. He did go to ground with Gas and was never in any trouble.
So Gas is a wrestler now?
Ability to use wwrestling doesnt mean that he is a wreslyer.
I'm talking about Sonnen, Wideman type of Wrestlers and you come out with Kelvin?
Hmm. JDS is a wrestler, right? He wrestled Tuivasa and GNP him to TKO.

Adesanya has a blue belt in BJJ, and he was a fish out of water when Vettori took him to the ground, someone who isn't known for his ground game.

(let me know if the images don't show up)

MaleHighBaldeagle-size_restricted.gif

A- people sleep on vettori dude is very good
B- I don't see izzy taking a single strike in any of that.
C- izzy looked amazing on the ground and off his back vs gastelum, who is a very good wrestler.

Adesanya is like a copy of Anderson Silva,

You know what destroyed Silva? Roided Sonnen and Weidman.
Adesanyas ground game is far behind mr Silva

A huge MW like Rockhold or Weidman would cause big problems
(I know those 2 are not very populare nowadays and could be out of their prime)
No just no! Stop it!

Could be out of their prime? Rockhold can be knocked out by putting his mouthpiece in too sternly, and Weidman has been KO’d His last 5/7.

5 years ago maybe.
I hear what you're saying, but the point is that it will take someone tall, big and with good wrestling to beat Adesanya. Not saying either of the aforementioned guys is the man to beat Izzy, but you get the idea.

Whoever that guy will be, he needs to be a threat in terms of reach, and not enter some danger zone every time he tries to piece together a goddamn combo...then make it an ugly fight, adding wrestling into the mix, and making sure that Izzy always has that threat of a level change/takedown in the back of his mind, and mess with his head, not allowing him to figure out predictable patterns and time his strikes.

Otherwise, you can throw a dozen 6ft tall contenders with muscle on their teeth and the heaviest hands, all 12 will get outworked via superior footwork, reach advantage and timing of strikes.

I hear what you're saying, but the point is that it will take someone tall, big and with good wrestling to beat Adesanya. Not saying either of the aforementioned guys is the man to beat Izzy, but you get the idea.

Whoever that guy will be, he needs to be a threat in terms of reach, and not enter some danger zone every time he tries to piece together a goddamn combo...then make it an ugly fight, adding wrestling into the mix, and making sure that Izzy always has that threat of a level change/takedown in the back of his mind, and mess with his head, not allowing him to figure out predictable patterns and time his strikes.

Otherwise, you can throw a dozen 6ft tall contenders with muscle on their teeth and the heaviest hands, all 12 will get outworked via superior footwork, reach advantage and timing of strikes.
Didn’t a Chubby 5’8 Mexican guy give him all he can handle last year?

In all seriousness, I see Adesanya keeping it for a while.

What about Middleweight Khabib that everyone's jizzing over? Guys they can't BOTH be the greatest of all time, make up your mind on who your god is and get back to us

Yup and that same "Chubby 5'8 mexican guy" would probably beat the last 2 guys who fought Izzy.

USADA will take Adesanya's belt. It's only a matter of time before he slips up.

Yup and that same "Chubby 5'8 mexican guy" would probably beat the last 2 guys who fought Izzy.
Kelvin could give them good fights for sure, but he would be the underdog. Not really my point though.

Kelvin could give them good fights for sure, but he would be the underdog. Not really my point though.
I just feel like for a long time, Gastelum has been underrated. So many used the Gastelum fight to downplay how good Izzy was, leading up to the Romero and Costa fight.

He is a tough fight for anyone who likes to stand primarily. His biggest problem is clearly grapplers.

I think if either stood with Gastelum, it's a coinflip to who wins IMO.

It is true! But, it was only inthe first round, and Izzy made all the adjustments since, and never made such mistakes in subsequent fights.

I would love to see Cannonier win, really. But just like Jon Jones, I think the reach and movement is just too much to handle for most fighters, and Israel's striking is probably more efficient than Jones'...

We'll see, but as you said, Izzy could be the mw king for a while.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back