The man who defeats Izzy:

I just feel like for a long time, Gastelum has been underrated. So many used the Gastelum fight to downplay how good Izzy was, leading up to the Romero and Costa fight.

He is a tough fight for anyone who likes to stand primarily. His biggest problem is clearly grapplers.

I think if either stood with Gastelum, it's a coinflip to who wins IMO.
I feel like Kelvin is all over the map. He’s supremely talented but undersized at MW, but his strengths somewhat mitigate that. I hope he stays in it mentally.

Hermansson fight is what it is. I think he’s quite underrated as well.

and anyone using the Gastelum/Adesanya fight to knock either guy is insane. Legit, have we seen a better fight since? Maybe Weilli/Joanna. Adesanya showed he can grind through adversity. That had to be FOTY.

I don't see anybody of the current contenders beating him. Possibly Yoel, but he'd have to get a rematch, which isn't the easiest since he laid an egg last time and has had plenty of title shots, and is old.

Maybe Weidman, if he can find his form again. Using the top game. Would test Ade's TDD and grappling, at least. Has 5-round experience, so he wouldn't go in there overly pacing himself like Costa did.

It is true! But, it was only inthe first round, and Izzy made all the adjustments since, and never made such mistakes in subsequent fights.

I would love to see Cannonier win, really. But just like Jon Jones, I think the reach and movement is just too much to handle for most fighters, and Israel's striking is probably more efficient than Jones'...

We'll see, but as you said, Izzy could be the mw king for a while.
Agreed. I think Cannonier and Hermannson could give him interesting fights. I don’t see anyone beating him for a couple years though. He’s quite awesome.

This guy would knock him out again-
pereira-belt.jpg
Easily

Pull some guys over from ACA and they'd probably give him a pretty good fight.

Just train to beat a great championship level kickboxer via leg kicks.

Alrighty coach. We got this.

Back