The man who defeats Izzy:

tuckermaclain

Rust Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Is facing an uphill battle. It’s gonna be like when Shogun beat the puzzle named Machida. Remember Rogan announcing “The Machida Era?” He got ahead on leg kicks and took Machidas mobility. This is what the man who defeats him will do. Just as Izzy did to Costa.

This guy

Adesanya is like a copy of Anderson Silva,

You know what destroyed Silva? Roided Sonnen and Weidman.
Adesanyas ground game is far behind mr Silva

A huge MW like Rockhold or Weidman would cause big problems
(I know those 2 are not very populare nowadays and could be out of their prime)

Weidman does not seem to be what he was ehen he defeated Silva.

Could be out of their prime? Rockhold can be knocked out by putting his mouthpiece in too sternly, and Weidman has been KO’d His last 5/7.

5 years ago maybe.

Alex Perrera?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200929-033507_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20200929-033507_Samsung Internet.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 2

I agree with you, but why mentioned roided in there? Silva also was on the juice. It was fair game, since they all were on it. The difference were techniques, talent, and gameplan.

As for Rockhold and Weidman, I believe prime Weidman is the exact type of fighter (well-rounded wrestler) to be a striker like Adesanya.

Rockhold is excellent on the ground, but his takedown isn't very good, and he focuses mainly in striking, which is not the path to victory.

What makes you think Izzy’s ground game is much worse than Silva’s? Has he ever been submitted or controlled on the ground?
Izzy’s TDD is much better than Silva’s. Luke and Chris with their glass chins would likely get KTFO cold by Izzy

What makes you think Izzy’s ground game is much worse than Silva’s? Has he ever been submitted or controlled on the ground?
Izzy’s TDD is much better than Silva’s. Luke and Chris with their glass chins would likely get KTFO cold by Izzy

Adesanya has a blue belt in BJJ, and he was a fish out of water when Vettori took him to the ground, someone who isn't known for his ground game.

(let me know if the images don't show up)

MaleHighBaldeagle-size_restricted.gif

Adesanya has a blue belt in BJJ, and he was a fish out of water when Vettori took him to the ground, someone who isn't known for his ground game.

The fight was long time ago and people have been unsuccessful in their attempts to wrestle Izzy since. It might have been a weakness that was corrected. We might not truly know until he faces a really durable high level grinder but the division doesn't have one of those at the moment.

People seem to forget he was so bad underneath Vettori that the commentators were roasting him the entire time the fight was on the ground. Granted it was a while ago, but you don’t earn a Borrachinha black belt overnight.

Any decent grappler ACTUALLY committed to a game plan of taking him down at all costs (which is the only rational strategy, given that he’s light years ahead of everyone else’s striking) would give Izzy trouble IMO.

The fight was long time ago and people have been unsuccessful in their attempts to wrestle Izzy since. It might have been a weakness that was corrected. We might not truly know until he faces a really durable high level grinder but the division doesn't have one of those at the moment.

People seem to forget he was so bad underneath Vettori that the commentators were roasting him the entire time the fight was on the ground. Granted it was a while ago, but you don’t earn a Borrachinha black belt overnight.

Any decent grappler ACTUALLY committed to a game plan of taking him down at all costs (which is the only rational strategy, given that he’s light years ahead of everyone else’s striking) would give Izzy trouble IMO.

<PlusJuan>

What he said.

Granted, that fight against Vettori was in April 2018 (2.5 years ago), but based on past history, a fighter with a lifetime in stand-up striking won't be able to develop the wrestling and/or ground game so easily if they're deficient at it.

A good example is Anderson Silva. His wrestling was exposed in his first title defense against Travis Lutter (2007), and after 6 years later (2013), he still wasn't able to develop his wrestling enough to defend against a high level wrestler in Chris Weidman.

Fortunately for Adesanya, no such (young) high level wrestler currently exist in the MW division, so I think he will remain champ for a while.

So you think someone can be a great grappler in 2 yrs? Never gonna happen. In grappling time is equal to skills. There are no exceptions in grappling bud. Takedown defense can be upgraded with short time comparably, but ground game? Never.
Silva submitted people and he actually fought real wreslters like Sonnen and Weidman. Yup he got destryoed by Wideman but it was due to his excessive clowning, not by a G&P TKO.
Gynobender has never met Sonnen level wrestler.

<PlusJuan>

What he said.

Granted, that fight against Vettori was in April 2018 (2.5 years ago), but based on past history, a fighter with a lifetime in stand-up striking won't be able to develop the wrestling and/or ground game so easily if they're deficient at it.

A good example is Anderson Silva. His wrestling was exposed in his first title defense against Travis Lutter (2007), and after 6 years later (2013), he still wasn't able to develop his wrestling enough to defend against a high level wrestler in Chris Weidman.

Fortunately for Adesanya, no such (young) high level wrestler currently exist in the MW division, so I think he will remain champ for a while.
True.
A) No Sonnen&Wideman level wreslter in MW atm.
B) Even if someone with that wrestling level comes to UFC, he will not be able to get the title shot. MW top contenders are anti grapplers, custom made to blast wrestlers. Whitaker, Costa, Romero.

The only possible threat in near future is Jack but I dout he can get past those 3 anti grapplers.

So you think someone can be a great grappler in 2 yrs? Never gonna happen. In grappling time is equal to skills. There are no exceptions in grappling bud. Takedown defense can be upgraded with short time comparably, but ground game? Never.
Silva submitted people and he actually fought real wreslters like Sonnen and Weidman. Yup he got destryoed by Wideman but it was due to his excessive clowning, not by a G&P TKO.
Gynobender has never met Sonnen level wrestler.

LMAO@ "gynobender". How about "nipple bender"? :p

Back