The Man, the Myth, the Legend: Bruce Lee

ShogunTBone

Ode to No One
@Brown
Reaction score
Caught Enter the Dragon again today, I had forgotten just how much of a masterpiece it really is.

Discuss everything Bruce Lee here.

tumblr_m1ywufXzom1qbprvlo1_250.gif

That's funny.

I just got home from work and just started watching it.

Bruce is alright I guess, but he ain't no Sonny Chiba.

Just kidding. Bruce was awesome, we lost a real hero when he died. China would have an amazing MMA scene had he lived past 1993.

The second link in my sig includes a big two-part essay I wrote for a film journal on Bruce Lee and The Way of the Dragon, if anyone's interested.

The man's responsible for getting me interested in martial arts, movies, philosophy (and critical thinking in general), and weight lifting. It sounds crazy, but basically everything in my life, I owe to Bruce Lee.

BRUCE-LEE-APPROVES-GIF.gif

You ever go to Seattle, go visit him and Brandon's grave. It was something pretty powerful for me at least.

Exact same thing happened to me, such an awesome movie

Bruce is what got me into martial arts, and Im a nunchaku practitioner because of him as well. He left this world way too soon.

You ever go to Seattle, go visit him and Brandon's grave. It was something pretty powerful for me at least.

Thanks for providing me with even more reason to move to Washington.

Bruce lee got me interested in martial arts.My mom taped ETD for me and the nunchuka scene in the cells drove me crazy.After that,I enrolled in tkd.Sonny Chiba is badass too.I found the streetfighter dvd for sale.Man,his fights are raw,rippin eyes and nuts off.

Its incredibly moving to hear the impact that Bruce has had on people, even to this day after his (agreed with Fijeeto) untimely passing.

The second link in my sig includes a big two-part essay I wrote for a film journal on Bruce Lee and The Way of the Dragon, if anyone's interested.

The man's responsible for getting me interested in martial arts, movies, philosophy (and critical thinking in general), and weight lifting. It sounds crazy, but basically everything in my life, I owe to Bruce Lee.

I just read a few paragraphs, that is some quality work for sure, man.

Bruce lee got me interested in martial arts.My mom taped ETD for me and the nunchuka scene in the cells drove me crazy.After that,I enrolled in tkd.Sonny Chiba is badass too.I found the streetfighter dvd for sale.Man,his fights are raw,rippin eyes and nuts off.

You know Sonny has like half a dozen blackbelts in various arts from Kyokushin karate to judo? Dude is the real deal, it's why he was cast to play Mas Oyama in his biopics.

You know Sonny has like half a dozen blackbelts in various arts from Shotokan karate to judo? Dude is the real deal, it's why he was cast to play Mas Oyama in his biopics.

mas oyama.I read a little about that guy.He was a machine.I wonder what it would of been like if MO and BL fought each other.

Apparently Chiba actually earned his blackbelt from Oyama himself. That's some gnarly pedigree.

mas oyama.I read a little about that guy.He was a machine.I wonder what it would of been like if MO and BL fought each other.

Oyama would have split him in half like a twig. But that's not to take away from Bruce. That's like Lyoto Machida fighting Jose Aldo.

Last edited:

Same for me. Bruce Lee has had a massive influence on my life.

Caught Enter the Dragon again today, I had forgotten just how much of a masterpiece it really is.

Discuss everything Bruce Lee here.

I don't get that really. Enter the Dragon is silly and ridulous compared to most of the other Bruce
Lee films (other than Game of Death -which is over the top too)

Am I the only one who isn't a really a fan of his movies but but is a huge fan of him as a philosopher and martial arts pioneer?

Back