The Man Show

TheGauntlet7**

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I miss this show. I haven't watched too many episodes because it was on in the late 90s and I was still a kid then but it was hilarious. Then it became terrible with Rogan and that other guy. Rogan is a cool guy but he sucks as a comedian. I haven't even heard of the other guy. I wish the original duo would restart the show on comedy central.

You obviously haven't seen any of Rogan's standup performances.

Girls jumping on trampolines FTW!

Last edited:
One of the best shows ever. Man show boy was probably my favorite part.

Joe has some great standup. In fact I would say that standup is the thing he's best at by a wide margin. But a TV show isn't a standup set, and his material is what makes him good. Not his delivery. I could see why he wasn't good on the show. But he's a very funny guy, you should check him out in his element.

Joe has some great standup. In fact I would say that standup is the thing he's best at by a wide margin. But a TV show isn't a standup set, and his material is what makes him good. Not his delivery. I could see why he wasn't good on the show. But he's a very funny guy, you should check him out in his element.

I've seen part of it and left. He sucks in my opinion, but my favorite comedians are widely regarded as all time greats: Rock, Chapelle

I've seen part of it and left. He sucks in my opinion, but my favorite comedians are widely regarded as all time greats: Rock, Chapelle

So you're like an ultracasual fan then?

What's the big hoopla about stand up comedy anyways? I always fall asleep during that shit. Sadly I had to go to a George Lopez show for a friends birthday. I had to pretend laugh and shit...

So you're like an ultracasual fan then?

What do you mean? Of Rogan? I'm not a fan of his comedy, I guess you can say I'm a causal fan of his(don't know if he's famous enough for that to be an appropriate term) in terms of his color commentating and ability to communicate intelligently.

Or of comedy in general? I'm not a comedy aficionado, but I'm more than an ultracasual fan of comedy.

What's the big hoopla about stand up comedy anyways? I always fall asleep during that shit. Sadly I had to go to a George Lopez show for a friends birthday. I had to pretend laugh and shit...

Yuck, I can't stand George Lopez's acting or stand up. One problem that Hispanics and African Americans have is they develop their acts around their race. When they first saw it, it was groundbreaking and uncommon to address race. Now the market is beyond oversaturated. I've loved stand up since I was in middle school, I can't say what makes it great though in the same way I can't say why music is great. It's just not for everybody I guess.

lol forgot about that. Him trying to buy/sell beer brought the lulz.
Haha I remember one skit where they got the Man Show Boy to sell cookies on the street:

Lady: "Oh, why are these half price?"
Man Show Boy: "I sneezed on them."

Fucking great show, I watched it all the time in grade 7 and 8, but could never watch the Rogan/Stanhope version because they didn't play it in Canada.

Yuck, I can't stand George Lopez's acting or stand up. One problem that Hispanics and African Americans have is they develop their acts around their race. When they first saw it, it was groundbreaking and uncommon to address race. Now the market is beyond oversaturated. I've loved stand up since I was in middle school, I can't say what makes it great though in the same way I can't say why music is great. It's just not for everybody I guess.

I guess that was it. I came into it way too late. First experience with stand up comedy was in my mid teens. I most likely missed all the best comedians in their prime and just got the mediocre new comers.

I guess that was it. I came into it way too late. First experience with stand up comedy was in my mid teens. I most likely missed all the best comedians in their prime and just got the mediocre new comers.

It's never too late, that's what the internet is for.

The other guy is Doug Stanhope and he's one of the best comedians there is. I like Rogan commentating and his podcast but his stand up isn't my cup of tea. Stanhope is great though. I think a lot of people, myself included, just didn't like that they were replacements and weren't quite Adam and Jimmy.

Joe Rogans stand up is entertaining but its not that funny. Hes made me laugh a few times and i do recommend his new stand up special but there are definitely funnier comedians out there right now.

The other guy is Doug Stanhope and he's one of the best comedians there is. I like Rogan commentating and his podcast but his stand up isn't my cup of tea. Stanhope is great though. I think a lot of people, myself included, just didn't like that they were replacements and weren't quite Adam and Jimmy.

I'm with you on all this. I find Rogan kind of insufferable outside of UFC commentary and Newsradio, but it wasn't so much that he was bad on the Man Show, it just seemed like an unnecessary extension of the brand. I don't think Rogan and Stanhope had the same kind of chemistry as hosts that Kimmel and Carolla had.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back