The Lost Boys

Lost Boys Best Song

• Cry Little Sister

• I Still Believe

Results are only viewable after voting.
This movie just shows why it was so cool to grow up in the 80's. The hair, the clothes and mostly the attitude. The optimism. No limits, mother fuckers. No limits.

I'm in the minority as someone who just doesn't understand all the love that this film gets. I think it's vastly overrated. IMO NEAR DARK is a far superior vampire movie from roughly the same period. Which would be why you won't find a copy of THE LOST BOYS in my collection. But you'll find a deluxe Blu-ray digibook version of NEAR DARK that I paid entirely too much for.

Don't get me wrong, I don't hate THE LOST BOYS. I'm just not a fan. Hell, even if we set NEAR DARK aside, THE LOST BOYS doesn't stand out to me. Even FRIGHT NIGHT is more watchable to me. I suppose it goes without saying that I'm not much of a Joel Schumacher fan. And I couldn't stand either one of the "Corys". Nor am I a big fan of either Sutherland or Gertz. Jason Patric is OK though.

I guess I should take another look at the film to see if nostalgia makes me warm to it at all. It's been a couple of decades since I watched it last.

I'm in the minority as someone who just doesn't understand all the love that this film gets. I think it's vastly overrated. IMO NEAR DARK is a far superior vampire movie from roughly the same period. Which would be why you won't find a copy of THE LOST BOYS in my collection. But you'll find a deluxe Blu-ray digibook version of NEAR DARK that I paid entirely too much for.

Don't get me wrong, I don't hate THE LOST BOYS. I'm just not a fan. Hell, even if we set NEAR DARK aside, THE LOST BOYS doesn't stand out to me. Even FRIGHT NIGHT is more watchable to me. I suppose it goes without saying that I'm not much of a Joel Schumacher fan. And I couldn't stand either one of the "Corys". Nor am I a big fan of either Sutherland or Gertz. Jason Patric is OK though.

I guess I should take another look at the film to see if nostalgia makes me warm to it at all. It's been a couple of decades since I watched it last.

So what you’re saying is Batman and Robin is your favourite Batman movie?

I Still Believe is only remembered because of the muscle bound sax player. A regular 80’s singer up there and the whole scene/song would have been forgotten.

Cry Little Sister is the better song even the I Still Believe is great too and Tim Cappello is awesome as well.

I still believe for the laughs and cute 80s motivational unnecessary sax.. unnecessary sax needs to makes come back.

Cry little sister around Halloween. first time I went to Kings island and rode “the beast” it was playing in the barn. Very effective on a 12 year old.

Last edited:
One of the top 5 80s GOAT movies for me. I put this movie on all the time when i pass out just for the soundtrack alone. I’ll lean towards cry little sister if I’m forced to choose but it’s 50-50 for me. Give me the beginning of cry little sister and the end of i still believe.

on a side note, Marilyn Manson did a pretty decent remake of cry little sister.

One of the top 5 80s GOAT movies for me. I put this movie on all the time when i pass out just for the soundtrack alone. I’ll lean towards cry little sister if I’m forced to choose but it’s 50-50 for me. Give me the beginning of cry little sister and the end of i still believe.

on a side note, Marilyn Manson did a pretty decent remake of cry little sister.
Marilyn Manson covers fucking everything. Used to do me in when I used to go see him. And don't touch Depeche Mode, you fucking cretin. I only allow that with Lacuna Coil, and then at a push.

Marilyn Manson covers fucking everything. Used to do me in when I used to go see him. And don't touch Depeche Mode, you fucking cretin. I only allow that with Lacuna Coil, and then at a push.
While he has jacked a number of covers up, his cover of Sweet Dreams was great.

While he has jacked a number of covers up, his cover of Sweet Dreams was great.
I used to be a massive fan so I'm not slagging him off for the sake of it, but some made my skin crawl. Tainted Love was terrible.
His original music was far better and for instance if you're at a festival with limited time slots and loads of the songs are covers it gets annoying.

No it sucked. That and beautiful People are the worst songs off Antichrist.. Of course both radio songs.
Sweet Dreams was good, and it wasn’t on Antichrist. Yeah, Beautiful People was one of the lesser songs on Antichrist.

I should have added, it’s okay if you think it sucked. It’s music.

Damn, most yall got terrible taste in music. Timmy C still rocking with the sax

Back