The Lost Boys

Lost Boys Best Song

• Cry Little Sister

• I Still Believe

Results are only viewable after voting.
Marilyn Manson covers fucking everything. Used to do me in when I used to go see him. And don't touch Depeche Mode, you fucking cretin. I only allow that with Lacuna Coil, and then at a push.

Lacuna Coil did crush that enjoy the silence cover though!

Oh, I love LET ME IN. I think I'm one of the few people that actually prefers it to the original, LET THE RIGHT ONE IN.

I still need to see it. Some folks I've talked to about it that are reasonable film fans have said it's separate and great and still worth seeing if you saw Let Me In first.

I love Let Me In as well. I can't poke at any serious flaw in the movie. Tells a great story without holding you by the hand and requires a fair amount of thought to really appreciate. Dark as fuck. Both in cinematography and story. A couple great performances were produced from a couple very young actors. There's so many fantastic things about it.

Had to go Cry Little Sister. Still gives me the creep as a grown ass man.

I just assume that a celebrity is a lower life form until it's impossible for me to think otherwise and enjoy the art they produce. Joss Whedon? Scum. Two of my favorite mainstream, formulaic series of all time, still. Louis CK? Creep. Hilarious, once in a lifetime comedic genius. Harvey Weinstein...lower life form. May deserve the death penalty in my opinion. Had such a wide influence over the making of so many fantastic movies. I'm not going to stop enjoying them because of the horrid acts of somebody associated with them.

The decision comes in not continuing to support their endeavors. For me. Try that. Doesn't make you a bad person. In my opinion.
When I found out about Ian Watkins I put on Shinobi v Dragon Ninja that evening just to see if I could still get into being I LOVED that track. I don't know. Rape and paedophilia kinda wrestles with my head considering music's my main passion. I still like Tom Cruise movies even though Scientology's a FUBAR cult so it isn't like I won't watch anything if they fuck up.

When I found out about Ian Watkins I put on Shinobi v Dragon Ninja that evening just to see if I could still get into being I LOVED that track. I don't know. Rape and paedophilia kinda wrestles with my head considering music's my main passion. I still like Tom Cruise movies even though Scientology's a FUBAR cult so it isn't like I won't watch anything if they fuck up.

There are degrees, right? Like I think Louis CK has a path to redemption. He was creepy, abused his power but owned up to it and he doesn't deserve to be lynched for it. Not sure if he deserves celebrity but I won't not watch his work because of his skeletons. New work, I mean. I won't support Manson. I was a huge fan back in the day. Everything from Portrait to Antichrist and 75% of Mechanical Animals was gospel to me. But he's a piece of shit, it turns out. You think he didn't know what Twiggy had done to his girlfriend? I'm not sure but I lean towards yes he did. And Joss Whedon. He deserves what he gets. He's scum. I hope he can't work in his preferred field again.

I still need to see it. Some folks I've talked to about it that are reasonable film fans have said it's separate and great and still worth seeing if you saw Let Me In first.

I love Let Me In as well. I can't poke at any serious flaw in the movie. Tells a great story without holding you by the hand and requires a fair amount of thought to really appreciate. Dark as fuck. Both in cinematography and story. A couple great performances were produced from a couple very young actors. There's so many fantastic things about it.

Yep, I totally agree. It's an awesome movie. I'm a big Matt Reeves fan. I love CLOVERFIELD as well & even though I wish that they had stayed with Affleck as Batman, I'm very much looking forward to THE BATMAN.

Manson's version of Cry Little Sister is amazing!

Granted he is (still) my fav artist and I've met the man several times...seeing over 65 shows or so.

QpjtB7C.gif

Lost Boys is course an eternal classic in my catologue.

Yep, I totally agree. It's an awesome movie. I'm a big Matt Reeves fan. I love CLOVERFIELD as well & even though I wish that they had stayed with Affleck as Batman, I'm very much looking forward to THE BATMAN.

I'm intrigued by the upcoming Flash movie. Gave up on DCEU with Dawn of Justice but I love the many worlds approach in comics and I'm gonna give this one a chance.

You enjoy The Grudge/Ju-On at all? I mean either/both...none of course.

There are degrees, right? Like I think Louis CK has a path to redemption. He was creepy, abused his power but owned up to it and he doesn't deserve to be lynched for it. Not sure if he deserves celebrity but I won't not watch his work because of his skeletons. New work, I mean. I won't support Manson. I was a huge fan back in the day. Everything from Portrait to Antichrist and 75% of Mechanical Animals was gospel to me. But he's a piece of shit, it turns out. You think he didn't know what Twiggy had done to his girlfriend? I'm not sure but I lean towards yes he did. And Joss Whedon. He deserves what he gets. He's scum. I hope he can't work in his preferred field again.
The Nevers isn't doing bad in terms of viewers I don't think. And after dozens of Whedon conventions and making so many friends at them via Joss, I'm not willing to give him up yet. He was pretty much a religion for a few years. But I do really agree, I'm just picking and choosing who I'm up in arms about depending on viewing. If that makes me a hyocrite then so be it. What he did to Charisma is horrible.

The thing that also really pisses me off about MAnson was that he hung Twiggy out to dry in the press when that came to light when he was doing FAR worse fucked up shit. Twiggy kept his trap shut about MArilyn. As we now know. I saw he's just moved out of his property, I can only imagine the amount of shit he got if people knew where he lived and potentially forced to leave.

The Nevers isn't doing bad in terms of viewers I don't think. And after dozens of Whedon conventions and making so many friends at them via Joss, I'm not willing to give him up yet. He was pretty much a religion for a few years. But I do really agree, I'm just picking and choosing who I'm up in arms about depending on viewing. If that makes me a hyocrite then so be it. What he did to Charisma is horrible.

The thing that also really pisses me off about MAnson was that he hung Twiggy out to dry in the press when that came to light when he was doing FAR worse fucked up shit. Twiggy kept his trap shut about MArilyn. As we now know. I saw he's just moved out of his property, I can only imagine the amount of shit he got if people knew where he lived and potentially forced to leave.

I was wondering the other day why so few of his actors have gone on to be successful despite playing fantastic characters in his works. There are a few, arguably, but there were so many great parts in his shows that really highlighted the chops of these people and many of them are just known for the Whedonverse.

He needs to start playing the game in my opinion. Speak his piece and defend himself. There's too many accusations to try the whole it'll burn itself out approach.

I've read mixed reviews of The Nevers. You watch?

Didn't Twiggy rape and beat his girlfriend while drunk on more than one occasion? It's been a while since I read on it.

I was wondering the other day why so few of his actors have gone on to be successful despite playing fantastic characters in his works. There are a few, arguably, but there were so many great parts in his shows that really highlighted the chops of these people and many of them are just known for the Whedonverse.

He needs to start playing the game in my opinion. Speak his piece and defend himself. There's too many accusations to try the whole it'll burn itself out approach.

I've read mixed reviews of The Nevers. You watch?
Yeah, I like it. It's kinda strong female like he normally does which he's probably compensating for because he's a misogynistic prick IRL. It hasn't blown my socks off but there have been some corking lines in it and it's set in Victorian England, and it's pretty adult which is cool.
He really can do whatever whenever he wants. He won an Oscar I think before Buffy even started and then Avengers was ridiculously huge so if he never works again he isn't going to struggle getting the girls or paying the mortgage. I'm really not standing up for him, he's a fucking tosser.

re: TWiggy, I really can't remember. But Manson putting out a press statement acting like butter wouldn't melt has just put egg all over his face.

Cry Little Sister.

A couple other great ones from that movie:

Echo & The Bunnymen - People Are Strange
Lou Gramm - Lost in the Shadows

Back