The Lost Boys

Lost Boys Best Song

• Cry Little Sister

• I Still Believe

Results are only viewable after voting.
I’m playing lunchbox on the radio at work right now

No it sucked. That and beautiful People are the worst songs off Antichrist.. Of course both radio songs.
That's 7 down the drain, Beautiful People was awesome. I may come round if you say you liked Coma White.
I miss liking Manson. The only thing I've liked in very many years is Heartshaped Glasses, but that's kind of tainted a bit now being it was Evan Rachel Wood in the video.

That's 7 down the drain, Beautiful People was awesome. I may come round if you say you liked Coma White.
I miss liking Manson. The only thing I've liked in very many years is Heartshaped Glasses, but that's kind of tainted a bit now being it was Evan Rachel Wood in the video.
Everybody that has spoke up had the means to leave. I never base how I feel about somebody based on relationship stuff.

Everybody that has spoke up had the means to leave. I never base how I feel about somebody based on relationship stuff.
I first had that reaction till I saw her court speech and was put right. Totally completely groomed her.

I live close. And it's my favourite vampire movie.

This was a cool talking point at work when I wore it last week.

51%2Biz-cXNXL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

Epic flick.

Check out The Shed. Surprisingly fun.

From what age?
Don't go down this road. Manipulation, coercion and abuse can happen at any age. I didn't want to believe it to begin with either, I even made a thread about "well it's Marilyn Manson, what did you expect" tones to it till I was put straight so I'm not slinging mud just to be all girl power #metoo about it. He is a fucking asshole.

From what age?
I haven't, no. I watched American Psycho for the umpteenth time last night though and he was strangely let's say interesting in Antichrist so I'll give it a gander when I have some free time.

I'm in the minority as someone who just doesn't understand all the love that this film gets. I think it's vastly overrated. IMO NEAR DARK is a far superior vampire movie from roughly the same period. Which would be why you won't find a copy of THE LOST BOYS in my collection. But you'll find a deluxe Blu-ray digibook version of NEAR DARK that I paid entirely too much for.

Don't get me wrong, I don't hate THE LOST BOYS. I'm just not a fan. Hell, even if we set NEAR DARK aside, THE LOST BOYS doesn't stand out to me. Even FRIGHT NIGHT is more watchable to me. I suppose it goes without saying that I'm not much of a Joel Schumacher fan. And I couldn't stand either one of the "Corys". Nor am I a big fan of either Sutherland or Gertz. Jason Patric is OK though.

I guess I should take another look at the film to see if nostalgia makes me warm to it at all. It's been a couple of decades since I watched it last.

Mirrors, yay or nay?

Lost Boys is like Goonies with vampires. I can't remember Near Dark and can't find it on a streamer but I'm torn between liking Lost Boys or Fright Night more. I love them both.

Oh also, thoughts on Let Me In. Please and thank you.

Don't go down this road. Manipulation, coercion and abuse can happen at any age. I didn't want to believe it to begin with either, I even made a thread about "well it's Marilyn Manson, what did you expect" tones to it till I was put straight so I'm not slinging mud just to be all girl power #metoo about it. He is a fucking asshole.
She chose to be with a fkn asshole. There was a nice guy that would have dated her that also knew how to have sex at pretty much every place she went in every day. Grooming an adult at this time is nothing. It’s being an asshole and the other person chooses that. You’re right, you don’t want to go down this road.. I won’t play fantasy regarding the entire issue so the woman is the victim. We all “groom” people to stay with us on some level.. Sometimes it’s by acting you don’t care etc..

She chose to be with a fkn asshole. There was a nice guy that would have dated her that also knew how to have sex at pretty much every place she went in every day. Grooming an adult at this time is nothing. It’s being an asshole and the other person chooses that. You’re right, you don’t want to go down this road.. I won’t play fantasy regarding the entire issue so the woman is the victim. We all “groom” people to stay with us on some level.. Sometimes it’s by acting you don’t care etc..
I can't say I've ever raped anyone so they will stay with me, that kind of feels a little bit off.

I can't say I've ever raped anyone so they will stay with me, that kind of feels a little bit off.
So they had been having sex a couple years, then had sex probably in a similar fashion as usual, and then she kept having sex with him after. “Rape.” Ok.

So they had been having sex a couple years, then had sex probably in a similar fashion as usual, and then she kept having sex with him after. “Rape.” Ok.
Have you watched her court stuff? I can't link from work, I don't really want it showing up in my Google history. And it isn't just her, it was widely known in the music industry apparently. Do you know what grooming, manipulation and coercion mean?

Have you watched her court stuff? I can't link from work, I don't really want it showing up in my Google history. And it isn't just her, it was widely known in the music industry apparently. Do you know what grooming, manipulation and coercion mean?

yeah, traits that women should get away from, and easily can, unless they like it.

I just assume that a celebrity is a lower life form until it's impossible for me to think otherwise and enjoy the art they produce. Joss Whedon? Scum. Two of my favorite mainstream, formulaic series of all time, still. Louis CK? Creep. Hilarious, once in a lifetime comedic genius. Harvey Weinstein...lower life form. May deserve the death penalty in my opinion. Had such a wide influence over the making of so many fantastic movies. I'm not going to stop enjoying them because of the horrid acts of somebody associated with them.

The decision comes in not continuing to support their endeavors. For me. Try that. Doesn't make you a bad person. In my opinion.

Mirrors, yay or nay?

Lost Boys is like Goonies with vampires. I can't remember Near Dark and can't find it on a streamer but I'm torn between liking Lost Boys or Fright Night more. I love them both.

Oh also, thoughts on Let Me In. Please and thank you.

Oh, I love LET ME IN. I think I'm one of the few people that actually prefers it to the original, LET THE RIGHT ONE IN.

Back