• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Law The Lonestar Rebellion is here. Get onboard or get run over. We will defend America's borders!

so keep them, quit encouraging them to head north, or maybe demand they stay, as they are asylum seekers and you can offer them asylum
They are nit stray dogs buddy they make their own decisions and Mexico isnt encouraging shit here.

They go where the money is at.

They are nit stray dogs buddy they make their own decisions and Mexico isnt encouraging shit here.

They go where the money is at.
Then deport them. They don’t get a free pass through. Your country is responsible. Quite bucking responsibility. They are in Mexico

That's a lot of emotional waffle void of any facts, typical of a conservative.

Let me ask you this, where specifically is shoplifting legalised. No whataboutisms, no deflection, just answer the question

I live in Manhattan and have never voted for a Republican in my entire life.

Here in NY, the bail reform laws are a complete failure making petty crime a revolving door, shoplifting is rampant where pharmacy's are a wasteland with nothing to buy, and VISIBLE and huge lines of immigrants with no place to go.

You're asking people like me to not acknowledge the obvious evidence right before our eyes.

I live in Manhattan and have never voted for a Republican in my entire life.

Here in NY, the bail reform laws are a complete failure making petty crime a revolving door, shoplifting is rampant where pharmacy's are a wasteland with nothing to buy, and VISIBLE and huge lines of immigrants with no place to go.

You're asking people like me to not acknowledge the obvious evidence right before our eyes.

So shoplifting is not legal.. and all that hyperbole was just emotional waffle?

WTF is an emotional waffle?

Nothing happens when people shoplift here. If they get caught somehow, they are let out in 1 day. Plus the stores dare not do anything to physically stop them because they fear lawsuits.

WTF is an emotional waffle?

Nothing happens when people shoplift here. If they get caught somehow, they are let out in 1 day. Plus the stores dare not do anything to physically stop them because they fear lawsuits.

Shoplifting being legal, as the poster I initially replied to was claiming.

I looked up NY shoplifting laws, and your comments are nothing but hyperbole as well.

Up to 1 year for small offence.
A fine if it's your first offence, case by case.

Shoplifting being legal, as the poster I initially replied to was claiming.

I looked up NY shoplifting laws, and your comments are nothing but hyperbole as well.

Up to 1 year for small offence.
A fine if it's your first offence, case by case.

You have no idea WTF you're talking about. I live here. You can ask any New Yorker and they'll tell you the same thing.

No one is prosecuting shoplifting here. Makes zero difference what the law is on the books when the practice is to not even attempt to catch them and most get let out in one day.

The DA is NOT prosecuting when they do get caught and the stores don't even attempt to stop them. No one even tries to catch them. There are people that go into the stores with empty bags and casually fill them up and walk out.

Shoplifting is a huge problem in NY.

You have no idea WTF you're talking about. I live here. You can ask any New Yorker and they'll tell you the same thing.

No one is prosecuting shoplifting here. Makes zero difference what the law is on the books when the practice is to not even attempt to catch them and most get let out in one day.

The DA is NOT prosecuting when they do get caught and the stores don't even attempt to stop them. No one even tries to catch them. There are people that go into the stores with empty bags and casually fill them up and walk out.

Shoplifting is a huge problem in NY.

Thats cool that you live there and all. Could I have a look at your data of "shoplifting not being prosecuted" and "most get let out in one day"?

Thats cool that you live there and all. Could I have a look at your data of "shoplifting not being prosecuted" and "most get let out in one day"?

The DA literally said he will not prosecute it when he was elected to office.

Last edited:
The DA literally said he will not prosecute it when he was elected to office.

Among the crimes Bragg said his office would not prosecute: marijuana misdemeanors, including selling more than three ounces; not paying public transportation fare; trespassing except a fourth degree stalking charge, resisting arrest, obstructing governmental administration in certain cases, and prostitution.

I only saw one mention of theft in that article and it was this:

"“At the precinct level, someone comes in for a petty theft, we’re at the policing level, you identify that they have a mental health issue, instead of locking them up – let’s defer prosecution, let’s have a local community-based organization that deals with mental health illnesses handle it right at the precinct – that’s the coordination that we need,” Adams said. “There’s no reason to put someone (with) mental health illness in Rikers Island, that’s a revolving door.”

Why do you feel the need to be dishonest?

Among the crimes Bragg said his office would not prosecute: marijuana misdemeanors, including selling more than three ounces; not paying public transportation fare; trespassing except a fourth degree stalking charge, resisting arrest, obstructing governmental administration in certain cases, and prostitution.

He publicly stated all misdemeanors. Petty larceny is a misdemeanor. He also stated he will try to downgrade felonies to misdemeanors.

He's soft on crime and ran on it. Later had to amend it a bit due to intense backlash.

He publicly stated all misdemeanors. Petty larceny is a misdemeanor. He also stated he will try to downgrade felonies to misdemeanors.

He's soft on crime and ran on it. Later had to amend it a bit due to intense backlash.

Paywalled, cant read it.

@Hog-train
Also, I'm still waiting for the data about theft just not being prosecuted in New York
As well as data on thieves just walking free the next day, unless of course you mean they aren't being held indefinitely in a cell, waiting for a trial... in which case, I have some news for you: YOU DONT GET JAILED INFEFINITELY FOR MOST LOW LEVEL NON VIOLENT CRIMES / MISDEMEANORS

Paywalled, cant read it.

You can read a few free NY Times articles if you register any email.

@Hog-train
Also, I'm still waiting for the data about theft just not being prosecuted in New York
As well as data on thieves just walking free the next day, unless of course you mean they aren't being held indefinitely in a cell, waiting for a trial... in which case, I have some news for you: YOU DONT GET JAILED INFEFINITELY FOR MOST LOW LEVEL NON VIOLENT CRIMES / MISDEMEANORS

Refuses to do the bare minimum of research, can't be bothered to Google anything or register any email to read the NY Times and then demands answers. Then tells a native New Yorker there's no shoplifting crime here.

Mate you're a fucking idiot talking out of your ass.

In 2019, New York passed a bail reform law that eliminates money bail for most misdemeanors and nonviolent felonies. Those accused of these crimes are usually freed without restrictions, so people who shoplift just do it without fear of repercussions. If they do get caught, they get let out in one day, so they just go out and do it again.

Last edited:
Weird how so many studies illustrate how beneficial immigrants are to the communities they join, and yet they are always portrayed as a drain.

Weird how immigrants are considerably less likely to commit a crime and yet they are always painted as dangerous criminals.
You are confusing normal immigration to the mass immigration we are seeing that even liberal and Dem leaders are saying is a drain and too much...several calling for State of Emergencies. The second part was never true. Every immigrant dominated area has issues with crime. It makes sense, they move from one slum to another, and need to eat. Swedish PM admits it. The Italians are seeing it. The world knows what France deals with. In NY--a melting pot, the pot has overflowed with criminal Migrant gangs. Its front page news every day, even in liberal sources....sometimes its too obvious to ignore even though you want to.

In NY they are using mopeds and scooters for snatch and grabs and retail theft....THAT was never a thing, that is a thing where they come from. There are gangs of migrants that have multiple charges in the few months since they been here....grand larceny, theft, assaults.....Why are they still here?

Lol… if you decide to not prosecute or punish shoplifting under a certain amount, it’s basically de facto legal. There’s zero consequences

Why do people feel safe from getting a ticket speeding to around 10mph over? Same idea.

Except progressive DA’s decided that shoplifting $900 or more was like driving 10mph over the speed limit… but speeding is a victimless crime while shoplifting certainly isn’t.

And lol at thinking a business will submit a claim for under $900. So they have to basically eat the loss

<TheDonald>

Back