• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Social The Little Mermaid Lyrics Have Being Changed For Live Action Movie

Fuck the artists' taste, am I right? They need to sing the song the way we like it. It is our song which we are entitled to on account of having heard it a long time ago. Once mine, always mine. All this woke shit about consent drives me nuts. Why, in my day, I didn't wait around for bitches and sluts to let me know it was time for a kiss. I just put it on them, like the song instructed. There is no way that these people have a real problem with it, and they should apply their artistic talents in the way and time that I deem appropriate. If they need help learning when to sing a song about consent, I will inform them.

Try to give a clear answer instead of rambling. How is it a rape song?

Because of the current "Current Sensitivity in some Western Countries"

Disney has decided to change the classic soundtrack for the live-action. Eric won't be able to "kiss the girl" unless she gives her explicit consent.

This is how far fallen Disney and current entertainment has gone.
The new 'Little Mermaid' remake changed lyrics from the original's songs to emphasize consent and empower girls

Actually not quite true the only ones that gotten very sensitive if Companies just stopped listening to twitter or online.

Than they wonder why their movies arent doing to well or their movies failed.
Shalalala don’t be shy. You gotta ask her permission to touch her brown eye. Shalalala don’t assume she gender. You gotta her pronouns before bend her over

0 out of 10 mehs. I see nothing of concern here.

It is true, there is no reason to push things like they do in Disney films and shows now other than to plant seeds in children’s minds.

When I was growing up, animals and trains talked so why were they lying to me then? You could blow up and come back alive with no worries. So why did they push those things like they did then? I should throw a stick of dynamite at someone I don't like?

Also, if Disney is taking away a lyrics about kissing someone without permission, then perhaps you are ok with it which is a shame.

The only thing that's stupid here are the adult men bitching about changing a few lyrics in a song from a 35 year old kids movie.
What a tired, predictable, fruitless response.

It isnt just adult men, but it is adults, parent that will take their kids to see it, parents that will be the ones forking over money.

Nostalgia sells, which is why remakes are so common, however, because theyre too common, some things must change.

But...they change the LEAD to a different race because "sHe AuDiTiOnEd ThE bEsT." Then to add insult to injury, they change the lyrics to one of the 3 popular songs, a song that nostalgia mother WILL be hoping to be signing along with her daughter.

Its horrible for sales and it leaves a shit ton left on the table, but hey, fuck it right? Its a movie about a cartoon about mythical creatures.

I’m convinced that CEOs or boards of companies are being paid by someone/group to be woke. There’s no way this many companies of all different industries can be this ideologically aligned organically.

They're basing their decisions on the idea that the super woke actually have power and can affect their bottom line, when in reality its just a handful of very loud people in media and academia. Its a self-perpetuating cycle. No one wants to rock the boat so they all just kinda agree to appease the woke mob.

In this case specifically, its a Hollywood film studio, so they're already just naturally woke to begin with

Ahhhh man...

I personally never liked the little mermaid or insufferable singing now you're adding cringe to it also.

What a tired, predictable, fruitless response.

It isnt just adult men, but it is adults, parent that will take their kids to see it, parents that will be the ones forking over money.

Nostalgia sells, which is why remakes are so common, however, because theyre too common, some things must change.

But...they change the LEAD to a different race because "sHe AuDiTiOnEd ThE bEsT." Then to add insult to injury, they change the lyrics to one of the 3 popular songs, a song that nostalgia mother WILL be hoping to be signing along with her daughter.

Its horrible for sales and it leaves a shit ton left on the table, but hey, fuck it right? Its a movie about a cartoon about mythical creatures.

Yes, I'm sure moms aren't going to be taking their daughters because of a few words in a song changed and Ariel is played by a black actress now.

But hey, thanks for perfectly demonstrating my point.

Yes, I'm sure moms aren't going to be taking their daughters because of a few words in a song changed and Ariel is played by a black actress now.

But hey, thanks for perfectly demonstrating my point.
Your point is in the shitter and as usual, we forgot to flush.

Mothers WILL be upset and word of mouth will prevent others from going to see it for their first 2023 time. Dont forget, these movies make money for repetitive viewings, of which is another detail of why these live remakes dont live up to any sort of hype.

Dont be pissy cuz some of us, most of us, see that disney is pandering and their only scapegoat is racism, which, isnt here.

If it is, then why does disney keep eliminating red haired roles? Gingers arent exactly that loved. In fact, show me 1 ginger thats fuckable and ill show you 10 black girls that are, including this one.

Just face it, son. People just want things to stay to their origin and theres nothing racist about it.

Back