The legendary GOAT Anderson Silva officially retires from MMA

tenor.gif

Though I was not a fan, I will use this time to only be positive and wish him the best in the future. He was a one of a kind fighter and had many a moment in the cage that many will forever remember and cherish.

Reactions: G10
tenor.gif

He only popped a year after his leg snapped in half when he returned, IIRC. I give Silva the benefit of the doubt that he used thinking it may help and speed up his recovery.

Let's not get into this shit anyway. GSP ran when USADA came aboard, Fedor was in an org with no drug testing, etc, etc...

This thread is about the retirement of a legend, that's it.
Why do you people just lie and expect to get away with it? Are you mental or something? GSP left in 2013. USADA came in in 2015. It was over a year and a half after he left. Then he returned and competed clean under USADA, to win the MW belt.

It’s like just because your POS hero cheated you have to make up lies, to demean somebody else. How about you fuck off.

200.gif

Never a big fan, but really impressive streak he had in the ufc. Great career.

I always wish that i could go back in time, Silva would not fck around and beat Weidman in their first fight then retire, unfortunately.. his career went to complete shit after those losses to Weidman

Was a huge fan... lost all respect for em after the Diaz fight.

Big respect to the legendary octagon warrior Anderson 'The Spider' Silva.
He's the best MW ever and has the best highlight reel as well, along with many records.
Prime Anderson truly was a beast and a unique fighter.
Best wishes

Well he cheated so, not really the likes of Khabib....the true GOAT...
Anderson always made weight, properly.

Anderson is a true legend and his title defence run is still the GOAT to this day, and will unlikely be bested.

Props to Silva, and many thanks to him for all the awesome fights. He was truly amazing to watch, and one of the very best to ever do it.

arguably the goat I can only imagine what people really would of thought of him if he retired prior to Sonnen 1

DC fought at LHW and Heavyweight and Silvas run was at middleweight. The only time they fought Anderson took the fight on a couple days notice and was far past his prime.

Prime Silva beats Whitaker and Adesanya in my opinion but they would be good fights
And if Silva was in his prime and prepared one year for DC would he win? I dont think so

Prime Anderson vs Adesanya would be identical to their last fight but Anderson would be a bit faster and evade few more punches. Whitaker will have good fight but he is more technical and better at mixing wrestling and striking, Anderson is a counter fighter which is Whitaker weakness so it won't be easy but i still think he will know how to win.

Respect

Despite the steroid use he seems like a very classy guy I liked what he said to Chris Weidman

Back