The legendary GOAT Anderson Silva officially retires from MMA

Crazy everyone used to talk about him now he doesn't get mentioned much.

One of the main reasons I got into watching MMA at the time. True legend and one of the best fighters to ever do it. Hope he stays retired from MMA but if he already rejected the Japan money I do think it’s likely that he does.

About time.

Much respect to one of the GOATS of MMA.

There were always expectations of watching something crazy happening in his fights, regardless if you were rooting for him or not.

I remember him merking Leben like it was yesterday! So many great fights! Kind a like f sad how it ended, but he was damn good before the Weismann losses. Hell of title reign, I’ll be surprised if Izzy can beat it.

Silva wasn't even the best of his time (it was gsp). His toughest opponent that he got a win over is Maia. He just was lucky that he fought in a generation that many of the top fighters did it as a side job including some of the champions. Once the level of skill ,money and investments got much higher he quickly got exposed. "He is out of his prime" yeah i don't see any version of him beating any of the top currently middleweights. Especially he could never defeat DC and if there is someone you can never beat in the weight you fought at so you simply can't call yourself the GOAT.
Silva would slaughter guys like Whittaker and Costa. Cmon bro

Legend, one of the best to ever do it. A True martial artist.

I suspect he's finally looking for that boxing match with RJJ?

Respect to the legend
Brought us sooo many classic moments-

Silva+Griffin+1.gif

V0Stkbr.gif

Obligatory @BC

UFC records:
-Longest win streak (16)
-longest title reign (2457 days)
-most title defenses finishes (8)
-most knockdowns in title fights (11)
-most knockdowns in UFC history (18)
-10 title defenses (should be #1 with 11)
-3 1st round LHW KOs

Khabib would be jealous as of that title record!

I think his popping hurt his case for #1 greatest fighter, but he’s still in that top 3 or 5 depending on how much a role you think it played.

He needs to stay away from boxing though.

One of the greatest ever

Muchas gracias for all of the incredible memories Anderson.

oh no nuthugger denial again.

Android Silva himself said that it was NOT for the recovery but years and years later they sing the same tune it's kinda sad.
Is Anderson really that hard to spell? Android isn't even funny, edgy or clever. Cmon man, you can do better then that

A real legend a real goat and the greatest in ring showman the sport has ever seen.
If the other guy didn't duck him for a decade we would have seen him in the biggest fight in the history of the sport.

One of the best who ever did it. Despite the controversies and some of the less entertaining fights (Maia, Leites) during his title reign, Silva is still the MW goat. When he was on point he seemed out of this world.

The GOAT! An absolute legend who always looked for the finish. Those who watched him in his prime know how special he was.

Back