Reaction score
Obligatory @BC

UFC records:
-Longest win streak (16)
-longest title reign (2457 days)
-most title defenses finishes (8)
-most knockdowns in title fights (11)
-most knockdowns in UFC history (18)
-10 title defenses (should be #1 with 11)
-3 1st round LHW KOs

One of my favourite fighters of all time has decided to call it a career in MMA.

He's going to box and do jiu-jitsu tournaments.

What a career Anderson had, arguably the best to ever step foot in there. Thanks for all the memories.

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2021/05/anderson-silva-calls-it-quits-in-mma-open-to-boxing-jiu-jitsu
no kidding. One of the best ever to compete in mma! Thanks Anderson for all of the great memories watching your inspiring efforts in the octagon! best wishes Anderson

One of the best highlight reels and made it look easy. Best of luck in future endeavors. Break a leg out there

Reactions: G10
Certainly went out on a whimper but he does have one of the best HL's ever, no denying that.

Silva wasn't even the best of his time (it was gsp). His toughest opponent that he got a win over is Maia. He just was lucky that he fought in a generation that many of the top fighters did it as a side job including some of the champions. Once the level of skill ,money and investments got much higher he quickly got exposed. "He is out of his prime" yeah i don't see any version of him beating any of the top currently middleweights. Especially he could never defeat DC and if there is someone you can never beat in the weight you fought at so you simply can't call yourself the GOAT.

DC fought at LHW and Heavyweight and Silvas run was at middleweight. The only time they fought Anderson took the fight on a couple days notice and was far past his prime.

Prime Silva beats Whitaker and Adesanya in my opinion but they would be good fights

Back