• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Kiwi Tricker War Wagon and Pub

Status
Not open for further replies.
So how do you guys occupy your rest days?

So how do you guys occupy your rest days?

I try to avoid planned rest days. I miss enough days as a result of travel or getting home late from work.

If unplanned rest days don't happen it isn't a problem, at least at the moment. My knee limits how hard I can go, so I haven't needed a day off in two weeks now.

BifNiqfIgAAfCxQ.jpg

Peverly is nails.

On my rest days, my misses usually has a list of things WE need to do. If she's in work I normally sit down and play Skyrim for a few hours.

Do any of you guys ever go see a chiropractor, or get a regular deep tissue or sports massage?
My spine literally feels compressed, traps are tight, neck is tight, I need someone to snap my spine and neck back into place. And this isn't because I did Deadlifts yesterday, I always wake up feeling stiff, and I'm not just talking about my spunk shank.

Do any of you guys ever go see a chiropractor, or get a regular deep tissue or sports massage?
My spine literally feels compressed, traps are tight, neck is tight, I need someone to snap my spine and neck back into place. And this isn't because I did Deadlifts yesterday, I always wake up feeling stiff, and I'm not just talking about my spunk shank.

I pushed myself pretty hard leading up to the end of last year and I basically killed my legs to the point where I was much slower running, and had heaps of knots in them and felt like shit. So, I've gotten a couple (3 in total i think) proper sports massages every 2-3 weeks recently and its made a huge difference. My brother is pretty active and gets it once a week, but he's in his mid-late 30s.

Make sure you find a good one though, as they can feel in your muscles where the problems are almost as soon as they touch you and really get into it and make it release. Some of them just have a routine that they go through and don't divert from too much and those are a waste of money. Also, be prepared for a lot of pain.

Not sure about chiropracters, never been to one, but if you think you're a bit out of alignment then I would go to an osteopath instead, as they treat your body as a whole and work to release any muscle tension which could be causing issues, rather than just click your back a bit. Again, make sure you find a guy who knows what he's doing, not some chump just going through the motions.

I pushed myself pretty hard leading up to the end of last year and I basically killed my legs to the point where I was much slower running, and had heaps of knots in them and felt like shit. So, I've gotten a couple (3 in total i think) proper sports massages every 2-3 weeks recently and its made a huge difference. My brother is pretty active and gets it once a week, but he's in his mid-late 30s.

Make sure you find a good one though, as they can feel in your muscles where the problems are almost as soon as they touch you and really get into it and make it release. Some of them just have a routine that they go through and don't divert from too much and those are a waste of money. Also, be prepared for a lot of pain.

Not sure about chiropracters, never been to one, but if you think you're a bit out of alignment then I would go to an osteopath instead, as they treat your body as a whole and work to release any muscle tension which could be causing issues, rather than just click your back a bit. Again, make sure you find a guy who knows what he's doing, not some chump just going through the motions.

Good advice, never would have thought of a osteopath, I'll look into it and ask around where I work. Cheers, butty.

Rest days - usually Sundays where i do fuck all, watch whatever boxing/mma from the night before catch up on other things etc.

Good advice, never would have thought of a osteopath, I'll look into it and ask around where I work. Cheers, butty.

I am not sure if there is any scientific or medical basis for the "spinal adjustment/realignment" thing. FWIW I have had it a number of times and I am pretty sure that it doesn't do anything for me other than cause me to be unable to move my back at all for 24 hours.

I am not sure if there is any scientific or medical basis for the "spinal adjustment/realignment" thing. FWIW I have had it a number of times and I am pretty sure that it doesn't do anything for me other than cause me to be unable to move my back at all for 24 hours.

I tend to agree that simply twisting/cracking the spinal column into alignment seems like complete bullshit. I never studied medicine, but I am of the opinion that if you're out of alignment it's more likely due to tight muscles or imbalances pulling you out of line, rather than your skeleton just being misshapen, so if you fix the muscular issue through stretching and massage then you'll fix your symptoms.

Well I don't want that. I've spoken to a few people who have had a chiropractor manipulate their joints, spine, necks etc and they've said they always leave feeling great, but I think it's a short term fix. Chances are I probably need to stretch more and focus on mobility, because I feel tighter than my toiger shkin hotpantsh.
You all know how it feels, wake up every morning all crippled up and hurting.

/magic

Rest days are usually judo days for me. If they aren't, I play a couple hours of video games. Saturdays and Sundays I sleep a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back