The Hate for Jon Jones reminds me of...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jon Jones isnt hated because of his skills. He's hated because of his off-putting personality which makes it really hard to cheer for him.

Where was the hate for AS when he came in taking over the MW division. Or GSP, the young upcomer destroying the old guard and dominating ww?

No, you guys seem to hate him for being a young black man with strong opinions and character. Why can't you just appreciate him for being the GOAT light-heavyweight champ?

Exactly. It must be for the color of his skin and not for the content of his character.

That must be why Jones' critics rooted for Rampage, then Rashad, then Cormier to beat him. Anthony Johnson will wind up on that list soon enough. They simply cannot abide a man of color be the light heavyweight champ of the world.

I like bagels. And cream cheese. The two of them together, damn. Great combination.

Idk I thought the nape of his balls to asshole ratio was impressive.
Other than that I just like the way he fights.

I love all the crying and whining Jones inspires, but please. This comparison is just retarded.

You're all forgetting about the GOAT killer.

Word has it he has opened his own chain of Halal carts supplied solely by the meat of the giant GOAT he conquered.

hamill.jpg

Right on brother! America really hates black athletes!
Lol. Non of them are successful or will ever be beloved by the fans! And they're paid peanuts!

Great troll thread, you'll get lots of bites.

Really? Name one topic (other than himself) jones has a strong opinion about.

image.png

Beat me to it.

And TS, you're grossly mistaken. Ali stood for a social cause and dealt with the consequences for what he believed in, and he was right. He chose not to fight in Vietnam against people who were no threat to him or his loved ones.
Jon Jones took a stand against fighting Chael Sonnen on short notice, and spoke out against a gay kid (among others) on Instagram. And even then backed down frim much of what he said.

Not a justifiable comparison.

Exactly. It must be for the color of his skin and not for the content of his character.

That must be why Jones' critics rooted for Rampage, then Rashad, then Cormier to beat him. Anthony Johnson will wind up on that list soon enough. They simply cannot abide a man of color be the light heavyweight champ of the world.

Racist people rooted for Joe Frazier against Ali (that is one of the reasons why Frazier's detractors called him "Uncle Tom.")

It is the fact that Jones is black -and- "arrogant" that he is hated. Like I said, opinionated black men with strong convictions are loathed by white Americans. The fact that he has a white wife such multiplies his haters' animosity.

Racist people rooted for Joe Frazier against Ali (that is one of the reasons why Frazier's detractors called him "Uncle Tom.")

It is the fact that Jones is black -and- "arrogant" that he is hated. Like I said, opinionated black men with strong convictions are loathed by white Americans. The fact that he has a white wife such multiplies his haters' animosity.

Yes, because everyone who rooted for Rashad and Rampage did so because those two are known for their humble, quiet personalities.

You seem un-smart.

Race has nothing to do with anything. Jones isn't really opinionated. He acts like a douche.

so did thousands of blacks in the south, my family included.

Rampage is arrogant and black and beloved when he is actually a worse human being than Jones could ever be.

Jordan was the most arrogant player ever and internationally revered. Kobe is almost as good and almost as arrogant, but despised by many.

Lawrence Taylor, Mike Tyson, Roy Jones - all idolized despite their infinite arrogance and personal failings.

So really, it all comes down to likeability, charm and "swagger".

Bullshit that that is the only reason JJ is hated. He's a bit of a schmo no matter what skinsuit you wrap him in.

Ali was part of the main stream culture. Everybody knew who he was which is why his opinion carried weight. Most of mainstream America has no idea about Jones or his opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back