The Hate for Jon Jones reminds me of...

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a black male I gotta say you are completely off base and probably retarded. people hate Jones because his personally sucks and he is the dirtiest fighter of all time. Not to mention other things (not signing fans belts etc etc etc) that's why everyone white black Asian etc hates him not because he is some kind of progressive freedom fighter stand up for peoples right or anything. And I date and like white women too I still hate him

Evander Holyfield was far dirtier and still loved by the masses. Why? Because he was a ass-kiss. He wasn't opinionated or arrogant. He was the only guy I've ever seen punch someone in the balls while headbutting them. Secondly, I would say you're in the minority when it comes to black guys hating Jones. This is purely anecdotal, but every black guy I've met that follows MMA, myself included, is a fan of his.

lol, all the eyepokes in the world arent as cheap as taking PED's to gain an edge.

I think trying to poke somebodies eye out every time you fight is worse than taking peds actually

Evander Holyfield was far dirtier and still loved by the masses. He was the only guy I've ever seen punch someone in the balls while headbutting them. Secondly, I would say you're in the minority when it comes to black guys hating Jones. This is purely anecdotal, but every black guy I've met that follows MMA, myself included, is a fan of his.

The minority minority
In this thread you're outnumbered 2 to 1

The hate for Jones reminds me of the hate that Muhammad Ali got during his career. A lot of people don't remember how absolutely loathed Ali was, and by in large it was for the same reasons why Jon is "hated". His skill was never in doubt. He was the first of his kind. Prior to Ali coming onto the scene, Heavyweight boxers were not quick and athletic. They were very flat footed and lumbering fighters choosing few powerful shots, rather than fighting on the move and countering. Ali's fighting style was compared to those of the lighter weight classes. Ali also was defying conventional wisdom of the "die hard" fans who were use to seeing the same thing for decades, then all of a sudden, there was this new thing that nobody could explain why it was so successful, just that it was. Muhammad Ali was also defeating the "old guard" who had been at the top of the Heavyweight division for years, and making it look effortless at such a young age. He was also hated for his public persona. Outside of a few people, nobody knew who Cassius Clay and eventually Muhammad Ali was. So people hated on him for those reasons.

This is so parallel to Jon Jones it's almost funny in an ironic sort of way. Nobody can question Jon Jones' skill. He's hated on by the die hard fans, because he's beating people in extremely convincing fashion and making it look easy. He's only had one hard fight to date and that was against Gustafsson. He's defying conventional wisdom. Statistically, a guy as young as Jon Jones, as "lanky" should not be as successful as he is, but yet here he is, unquestioned pound for pound fighter in the world. He's taken out a who's who of MMA names and done it without breaking a sweat: Stephen Bonnar, Vladimir Matyushenko, Brenden Vera, Shogun Rua, Rampage Jackson, Lyoto Machida, Rashad Evans, Vitor Belfort. Guys who are big time names and done great things in the course of their careers, made to look like total amateurs by Jones. His style is so unique. Despite being a wrestler, he's become one of the best strikers in MMA. And his "public persona" has been called fake, simply because people don't know Jon Jones outside of what they are given by the media. They don't know Jon Jones as a person outside of one minor slip up with that DUI. They don't know Jon Jones the father, Jon Jones the husband, Jon Jones the family man, Jon Jones the brother to two NFL all-pro defensive players, or Jon Jones the son. NOBODY knows any of that. The only thing that people know, is Jon Jones the MMA fighter.

All these similarities between Jones and Ali. The catalyst for Ali becoming a loved fighter, was that he was essentially brought down to his lowest point professionally due to something outside of boxing which affected his boxing career, which was the Vietnam War and his refusal to be inducted into the US armed forces. It stole 3 years of his prime fighting for his very freedom, and in the process, allowed people to see Muhammad Ali the man, instead of just Muhammad Ali Boxing champion of the world. Then when he finally came back, he looked mortal. The heir of invincibility was gone. The Louisville Lip was gone and replaced by a man that people wanted to root for. He was forced to grow up outside of boxing in order to become a man inside of it. Will a similar catalyst need to occur for Jon Jones to be completely loved by the fans if there is one to be had? Where something outside of his MMA career comes and takes everything away and he will be forced to "grow up" and mature, then when he returns he rises back to take what was his and along with it the respect and adulation that he desires?

More like the "Great Whit Hope" era with Jack Johnson. People hate Jones for no apparent reason except that they think he is arrogant. Hater don't care who it is they just need anybody to beat him. Chael Sonnen is a loud mouth who takes drugs and disrespects everyone he faces yet when him and Jones fought somehow Jones was the bad guy. For all you who don't know about Jack Johnson and the Whit Hope era google it.

Evander Holyfield was far dirtier and still loved by the masses. Why? Because he was a ass-kiss. He wasn't opinionated or arrogant. He was the only guy I've ever seen punch someone in the balls while headbutting them. Secondly, I would say you're in the minority when it comes to black guys hating Jones. This is purely anecdotal, but every black guy I've met that follows MMA, myself included, is a fan of his.

A fan of him or a fan of his skills as a fighter?

Tell us what it was like, since you were there.
Also, if you Jones fans really think we hate him because he's good at fighting, you seriously just need to get with reality

We already know why you hate him, we don't need your input. Or you could tell how you truly feel again and pay even more money to get your account back again lol.

Every black guy I know who watches thinks he is a cheap bastard but my friends dont make up a the whole just like youra dont...but a ton of other fans of the sport feel the same way my friends do so I don't think its a race thing.

More like the "Great Whit Hope" era with Jack Johnson. People hate Jones for no apparent reason except that they think he is arrogant. Hater don't care who it is they just need anybody to beat him. Chael Sonnen is a loud mouth who takes drugs and disrespects everyone he faces yet when him and Jones fought somehow Jones was the bad guy. For all you who don't know about Jack Johnson and the Whit Hope era google it.

Chael is likable.
It's cute you read about "The Great White Hope" and think it applies to Jones because you want to play the race card regarding a fighter who has fought more blacks and browns than whites, but you're just being ridiculous.

If you think Jon is anything like Jack Johnson sociologically, you just don't know what you're talking about

We already know why you hate him, we don't need your input. Or you could tell how you truly feel again and pay even more money to get your account back again lol.

I hate Jon because he's black. obviously.

Chael is likable.
It's cute you read about "The Great White Hope" and think it applies to Jones because you want to play the race card regarding a fighter who has fought more blacks and browns than whites, but you're just being ridiculous.

If you think Jon is anything like Jack Johnson sociologically, you just don't know what you're talking about

This.

I love and agree with this topic. Hater's can pull whatever they want out of their ass but they know racism plays quite a bit of a role in it all. They also hate that a man so physically gifted can also just have that damn good of technique too. These people want folks like JLau or Roy Nelson to be the best in the world because it gives themself some hope. They know they can never be Jones or anybody like Jones and it really grinds their gears.

I really hope there can one day be a dominant black hockey player in the world. The treatment on him will all be the same

Chael is likable.

oh i get it now, claim to be black then you can make all the racist/anti black comments you want so people will think it's ok.

I've never met any black mma fans that hate on both Jones and Anderson.

If you're black then i'm mickey fucking mouse.

post proof Da Speeit, we dont believe you, you need more people.

oh i get it now, claim to be black then you can make all the racist/anti black comments you want so people will think it's ok.

I've never met any black mma fans that hate on both Jones and Anderson.

If you're black then i'm mickey fucking mouse.

I don't hate Anderson at all. I like and admire him quite a bit.

What anti-black comments have I made? i'm really curious

Racist people rooted for Joe Frazier against Ali (that is one of the reasons why Frazier's detractors called him "Uncle Tom.")

Ali would call Frazier a gorilla, a nagger, and say all kinds of racist shit. Frazier did nothing to warrant any of it. Frazier even publicly supported Ali's draft dodging and religious deferment in general. What kind of "Uncle Tom" would do that? Ali just liked being an asshole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back