• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The guy that got booed asking the Corona virius question at the presser

You are refusing to acknowledge the truth of what I wrote. Trump did away with the pandemic response team. Fact. It has nothing to do with my political views. It is an actual fact. Do you understand that facts exist independent of ideology? Closing your eyes to this and trying to shift attention away from it is bullshit. Medical scientists were all agreed that a pandemic was inevitable, if not corona virus then it would have been something else. This isn't controversial to anyone who understands the nature of the world. It is simply the true nature of the world we live in. It was inevitable that it would come from somewhere. That's why there was a pandemic response team in existence. If you can't accept reality, you've let your political ideology, or your Trump worship, make you into a delusional fool. And, as the sign on President Truman's desk famously said: "The buck stops here." You're trying to pass the buck away from Trump. He effed up on this. Own it.
well said sir. None of this is political, it's medical.
And yes getting rid of the Pandemic Response Team certainly wasn't terribly forward-thinking.
- Its like insurance : you hope you never need it, but you need to know it's there in your back-pocket at all times.

Maybe they were booing the coronavirus itself.

Anecdotal experience tells me Trump supporters are pretending this isn’t happening. They’ll say it is all the media right up until they catch it.

Not that the media isn’t playing it up, they do that, but it is very real and dangerous. Trump supports (cultists) are a big section of this forum and mma fans in general. Not surprised they booed. Sometimes you can’t fix stupid.

Old people are dying. EVERYBODY PANIIIIIIIIIIC!!!!

giphy.gif

<26>

You are refusing to acknowledge the truth of what I wrote. Trump did away with the pandemic response team. Fact. It has nothing to do with my political views. It is an actual fact. Do you understand that facts exist independent of ideology? Closing your eyes to this and trying to shift attention away from it is bullshit. Medical scientists were all agreed that a pandemic was inevitable, if not corona virus then it would have been something else. This isn't controversial to anyone who understands the nature of the world. It is simply the true nature of the world we live in. It was inevitable that it would come from somewhere. That's why there was a pandemic response team in existence. If you can't accept reality, you've let your political ideology, or your Trump worship, make you into a delusional fool. And, as the sign on President Truman's desk famously said: "The buck stops here." You're trying to pass the buck away from Trump. He effed up on this. Own it.

They are incapable of viewing any of this objectively. Cultists.

Chill out, your a bunch of Nervous Nellies..Everyone is not dying and the fight will go on. The fucking News loves whipping everyone up..Ignore that shit and hug your neighbor..

You have a better chance of being a pro fighter than getting the virus.

Hug your neighbour, but remember to wrap up first...

1581021653736-GettyImages-1198183921.jpeg

Remember back in the day when wrapping up had a whole different meaning?

Old people are dying. EVERYBODY PANIIIIIIIIIIC!!!!

giphy.gif

<26>
Heh. Cute.

I'll repeat post #119. It bears repeating. If we can avoid ending up where Italy is, I personally think we should.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/italy-doctor-coronavirus-message_n_5e68186cc5b60557280d28dd

Snippet from a doctor in Italy (but the entire thing is worth reading):
I understand the need not to create panic, but when the message of the dangerousness of what is happening does not reach people I shudder....[T]here are no more surgeons, urologists, orthopedists, we are only doctors who suddenly become part of a single team to face this tsunami that has overwhelmed us....Cases are multiplying, we arrive at a rate of 15-20 admissions per day all for the same reason. The results of the swabs now come one after the other: positive, positive, positive. Suddenly the E.R. is collapsing.​

Heh. Cute.

I'll repeat post #119. It bears repeating. If we can avoid ending up where Italy is, I personally think we should.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/italy-doctor-coronavirus-message_n_5e68186cc5b60557280d28dd

Snippet from a doctor in Italy (but the entire thing is worth reading):
I understand the need not to create panic, but when the message of the dangerousness of what is happening does not reach people I shudder....[T]here are no more surgeons, urologists, orthopedists, we are only doctors who suddenly become part of a single team to face this tsunami that has overwhelmed us....Cases are multiplying, we arrive at a rate of 15-20 admissions per day all for the same reason. The results of the swabs now come one after the other: positive, positive, positive. Suddenly the E.R. is collapsing.​
The average age of Italians that passed due to the coronavirus is 81. He wasn't wrong. It's a virus that targets the elderly more acutely, much like pneumonia.

The average age of Italians that passed due to the coronavirus is 81. He wasn't wrong. It's a virus that targets the elderly more acutely, much like pneumonia.
In no uncertain terms it seems to be killing elderly, and potentially other immuno-deficient (is that a word?) individuals. You and I 100% agree here.

But a huge number of people need hospitalization and don't die. And the hospitals are getting overloaded. That's the message here.

Just imagine having a wife 8.5 months pregnant right now, and thinking about giving birth in that environment. Sounds pretty shitty.

EDIT: I think the word is 'immuno-compromised'.

Last edited:
Anybody knows why does Italy have such a terrible death rate, anyway?

They have about the same number of ill people as Iran, yet almost twice amount of dead, even though Iran had gotten' hit earlier.

Population isn't THAT much older than in the rest of Western Europe.

The fight will be cancelled. We all know it's coming.

I've kind of already decided that this fight will be the last UFC fight I watch so that I can end a 20 year viewership with a little closure. The UFC has become a bland time-waster like any other TV show and I can't watch now without questioning how I'm spending my time. It'll be a pretty funny note to leave on if the fight gets cancelled yet again but I'm out either way.

What you say isn’t false but damn man walking away? I’ve thought about it.

But then fights like the ladies co-main last weekend change my mind. I mean, couldn’t you just come back to watch the big fight here and there?

Sounds like a lot of posters in here have no older relatives they love.

This virus might not infect you but it will affect you.

In no uncertain terms it seems to be killing elderly, and potentially other immuno-deficient (is that a word?) individuals. You and I 100% agree here.

But a huge number of people need hospitalization and don't die. And the hospitals are getting overloaded. That's the message here.

EDIT: I think the word is 'immuno-compromised'.
Much like pneumonia, your average person really shouldn't be clogging up emergency if you have the virus. A healthy 13-49 year old should just stay at home for a couple of weeks. But because of the worldwide panic this virus has caused people both who are and aren't infected are going to emergency. This clogs up the hospitals unnecessarily.

SARS was significantly more dangerous than this virus is, albeit less contagious, and the worldwide panic was vastly lower. It's night and day.

Honestly the most helpful you can be is to make sure your elderly family members are kept away from the contingent and the rest will blow over in a couple of months.

Anybody knows why does Italy have such a terrible death rate, anyway?

They have about the same number of ill people as Iran, yet almost twice amount of dead, even though Iran had gotten' hit earlier.

Population isn't THAT much older than in the rest of Western Europe.
Good question. Made me look it up :)

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/why-deaths-from-coronavirus-are-so-high-in-italy/
  • One factor affecting the country’s death rate may be the age of its population—Italy has the oldest population in Europe, with about 23% of residents 65 or older
  • Another issue may be the number of people in a given area who require medical care—having a lot of severely ill people in a single region could potentially overwhelm the medical system
  • the country may not be catching many of the mild cases of COVID-19. Often, as testing expands within a community, more mild cases are found, which lowers the overall death rate

Sounds like a lot of posters in here have no older relatives they love.

This virus might not infect you but it will affect you.

Its just the sheer volume of people sick, who may not die, but will solicit resources. UK are already testing people at home so this does not spread into doctors.

We dont know what we're lookimg at, a lot of older people dying, but this old people narative is BS, the most severe cases are actually found in people that are in their 40's, hospitals cant handle the amount of people coming in, staff has to work overtime and even if they are sick, as long as their symptoms arent too severe, you have no idea what this is what it could mean, its very much a scary outbreak and should be treated as such

The most severe cases aren't 40 something's...they aren't dying. The elderly are. This is confirmed so not sure what you're talking about.

Yes the tax on resources is a big deal for sure. That's why slowing the spread is key, even if it does eventually spread. If it's slower, hospitals can keep up.

There is a difference between common sense measures to address it and plain and simple fear mongering.

The most severe cases aren't 40 something's...they aren't dying. The elderly are. This is confirmed so not sure what you're talking about.

Yes the tax on resources is a big deal for sure. That's why slowing the spread is key, even if it does eventually spread. If it's slower, hospitals can keep up.

There is a difference between common sense measures to address it and plain and simple fear mongering.
Watch the guy on joe rogan then, when your grandparents and parents start dropping like flies, come back to me and talk about fear mongering

Back