• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The guy that got booed asking the Corona virius question at the presser

One of the most astonishingly ignorant things I have ever read. Well done.
Exactly. Thank you @ejlarson249

@Bojka
Like approx 130years since the commercial automobile was invented, the work that has been done on reducing deaths and serious injuries is monumentally huge. At vast cost. Modern cars are regulated VERY HARD and crash tested to strongest multiple tests and they are orders-of-magnitude safer than even 20 or 30yrs ago.

Anyone thinking that cars are not constantly being held to higher and higher standards and made safer and safer is entirely oblivious to 21st century passenger vehicle design and manufacturing and associated regulations.

To extrapolate a bit... Vehicles like Tesla Model 3 are next level smart and that includes crash avoidance. It's incredible what those cars can do *automatically*.

One of the most astonishingly ignorant things I have ever read. Well done.

16 year olds can get their license after learning to drive for 1 day. I know because I did it.

I literally had a day of driving experience before getting my license. And I was a teenager.

Then you're living in the wrong country or wrong state.

I had probably 30 1-hour lessons and a written exam and the standards are quite high.
Manual transmission. No auto box.

Anyone in charge of a 1ton metal object in public after 1 lesson is a potential Death Machine. People die from that.

I would imagine the virus isnt gonna stop killing people after those 6 months, so those numbers are only gonna go up, and with humans not being able to build immunity for this virus, meaning you can get it more than once, its gonna be a yearly thing, its all fun and games till parent, granparents, or little kids start dying

What I don't understand is how people don't get that probably the biggest issue is the strain on the health care system and the ensuing fallout. The deaths directly tied to Covid-19 is one thing (half a million people is hardly insignificant) but the ripple effect through the healthcare industry is just as scary (if not more). What happens when those car crash victims don't have hospital beds because they're all taken up by people on ventilators with Covid-19? Kid needs an appendectomy? Oh shit, no room, and half our medical staff is sick from being around the sick people nonstop.

The 7500ish confirmed cases...what % of actual cases do we think that is? The Brooklyn Nets had 4 positive tests, 3 had zero symptoms. They only got tested because...well...NBA players. How many people are walking around with it and spreading it and have no symptoms? They're just fine and that's great, but they pass it on to their spouse who happens to work at a retirement facility and then...see where that leads? Or they give it to their husband who works security at the hospital and he then starts a nice wave through that place, doctors and nurses and people who are already sick getting it....

But yeah...let's downplay it and talk about car accidents.

We haven't begun to see the peak of cases yet, and already we're getting this from medical professionals:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/corona...ting-patients-share-heart-breaking-struggles/

Last edited:
16 year olds can get their license after learning to drive for 1 day. I know because I did it.

I literally had a day of driving experience before getting my license. And I was a teenager.
Maybe that's why Americans can't drive

What I don't understand is how people don't get that probably the biggest issue is the strain on the health care system and the ensuing fallout. The deaths directly tied to Covid-19 is one thing (half a million people is hardly insignificant) but the ripple effect through the healthcare industry is just as scary (if not more). What happens when those car crash victims don't have hospital beds because they're all taken up by people on ventilators with Covid-19? Kid needs an appendectomy? Oh shit, no room, and half our medical staff is sick from being around the sick people nonstop.

The 7500ish confirmed cases...what % of actual cases do we think that is? The Brooklyn Nets had 4 positive tests, 3 had zero symptoms. They only got tested because...well...NBA players. How many people are walking around with it and spreading it and have no symptoms? They're just fine and that's great, but they pass it on to their spouse who happens to work at a retirement facility and then...see where that leads? Or they give it to their husband who works security at the hospital and he then starts a nice wave through that place, doctors and nurses and people who are already sick getting it....

But yeah...let's downplay it and talk about car accidents.

They don't get it, its almost as if they are tring to cope with the Virus while experts around the world are saying this is not an alarm, shut everything down.

We gotta wait until clips of hospitals being flooded before they finally get it

They don't get it, its almost as if they are tring to cope with the Virus while experts around the world are saying this is not an alarm, shut everything down.

We gotta wait until clips of hospitals being flooded before they finally get it

Man I've been going into my office for some of the time and today we had some meetings and I'm in the corner like 15 feet from anyone else and I'm like "What the hell am I doing here?" I've worked from home some but today I made it clear that I think it's just dumb for anyone to be in the office. We support one of the "vital industries" (transportation) so we can't just shut down. But we can work from home. Our company has sent the directive for people to go into the office if possible. After today I'm working from home 100% until there's a handle on this thing. I feel bad having gone to work at all this week, but I'm done for awhile.

People taking this lightly...SMH. They are going to be the ones that cause it to be a larger scale Italy here, if that happens.

they should go just meet alone with camera and fight

Considering the swine flu had 60 million cases worldwide in 2009 and the coronavirus has 125k cases worldwide, yes, there is absolutely a hilarious amount of fear mongering going on. Kuwait just shut all their airports down across the country and they have a total of 72 cases. That is literal fear mongering from a government that isn't well informed of what they're dealing with.
Chill out, your a bunch of Nervous Nellies..Everyone is not dying and the fight will go on. The fucking News loves whipping everyone up..Ignore that shit and hug your neighbor..

You have a better chance of being a pro fighter than getting the virus.
Must feel pretty stupid right about now...
<LikeReally5>

The downplayers of the virus are extremely quiet throughout the forums now lmao
Im not exactly a genius , but fuck me some of these dudes have no foresight, it was pretty obvious how this was gonna go... Slow response to close the borders, being asymptomatic for a long period of time, highly infectious...

Im not exactly a genius , but fuck me some of these dudes have no foresight, it was pretty obvious how this was gonna go... Slow response to close the borders, being asymptomatic for a long period of time, highly infectious...
Just ppl who have no common sense or refuse to believe.

It still amazes me how quickly this has escalated. This whole discussion is only 2-3 weeks old and it feels like years ago I was watching UFC in Brazil, the NBA and the Ashlee Evans Smith drama. Crazy times

Back