The gruesome world of a Bible literalist

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is a valid view given the evidence in front of you, but that may not be the case with Colby, so you can't just dismiss it as such.

I don't think Colby understands enough about his own beliefs or religion in general to articulate a proper response as to why he believes the same god he reads about in the bible is the one giving him jobs and all that. He doesn't need evidence for this kind of belief. Its faith based.

No we are not, we live in a society under a government which should provide a set of benefits for the people living in within it's geographic influence. It matters because as hard as it may sound for nutjobs like you, we atheist do not enjoy doing bad things to other we do not enjoy rape kill steal etc etc erc, peace and harmony is what we mostly look for, like most people. You dare to talk about freedom? When your main objective in life is to suck the balls of an invisible genocidal being? You guys enjoy the possibility of being a slave for eternity lmfao...

I'd much rather abide by the grace of the One who is outside and above everything instead of the hipocrisy of mankind.

You reserve yourself the right to determine what is moral and what is not and then get upset when your definitions are challenged. All the while you have forgotten that your own life is incredibly flawed. So "says who" then when everyones a hipocrite? You think evil can only be defined when at its most cruelest... That is wrong...

What a leap of faith that is. If prayers stop working you start being skeptical. You must not pray for much.

At this point in my life God has granted enough proof and done so much in my life that if I never had a prayer answered again in my life- I would not be justified in not believing in Him.

If you were reading the Quran and praying to Allah you'd have the exact same attitude.

No way would I follow the Quran. I've read more than enough of the Quran to know that it's not for me.

At this point in my life God has granted enough proof and done so much in my life that if I never had a prayer answered again in my life- I would not be justified in not believing in Him.

No way would I follow the Quran. I've read more than enough of the Quran to know that it's not for me.

If you were born in Saudi Arabia you'd say the same thing about the bible. Is it really that hard to fathom how being born in the US influenced your faith?

I don't think Colby understands enough about his own beliefs or religion in general to articulate a proper response as to why he believes the same god he reads about in the bible is the one giving him jobs and all that. He doesn't need evidence for this kind of belief. Its faith based.

He can answer for himself, but there is no reason to suggest that he should dump his view due to skepticism.

He can answer for himself, but there is no reason to suggest that he should dump his view due to skepticism.

Other than realizing his god is one of thousands revered throughout history?

There are many thousands of spiritual beings (demons, fallen angels) that want to be revered and are revered. But those are all wanna-be's.

That is not enough of an objection given that he's stating that God has revealed himself. You are approaching it from the perspective that God does not exist, and therefore cannot influence his decision. This is not an objective stance, God could exist, and could reveal himself to him, making his position valid.

I'm not going to re-post answers already given. Look it up. You asked and I answered.

Na I'm too lazy to look back.

For someone who knocks faith so much you should probably reach out to God.

Afraid of what you might find?

That you'll be accountable for your actions?

That you'll have to change your ways?

You feel like you've blasphemed so much that you're at the point of no return?

Well have no fear my man because Jesus said it himself:

4“Suppose one of you has a hundred sheep and loses one of them. Doesn’t he leave the ninety-nine in the open country and go after the lost sheep until he finds it? 5And when he finds it, he joyfully puts it on his shoulders 6and goes home. Then he calls his friends and neighbors together and says, ‘Rejoice with me; I have found my lost sheep.’ 7I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent"

You can still turn back, it's not too late.

There are many thousands of spiritual beings (demons, fallen angels) that want to be revered and are revered. But those are all wanna-be's.

The same way you dismiss all other gods as demon wanna-be's other religions dismiss yours.

If you were born in Saudi Arabia you'd say the same thing about the bible. Is it really that hard to fathom how being born in the US influenced your faith?

Dude I have a brain I can clearly see the difference in message from the Quran and the Bible.

Do you see mass Christians rounding up muslims and slaughtering them? No.

Do you see mass Christians rounding up gays and throwing them off the top of roofs? No.

Do you see a gang running around in the name of Christ reeking havoc on the world? No.

There is quite a difference.

Dude I have a brain I can clearly see the difference in message from the Quran and the Bible.

Do you see mass Christians rounding up muslims and slaughtering them? No.

d124c8741444d7eb20e82b6a4dd9d35d.jpg

Do you see a gang running around in the name of Christ reeking havoc on the world?
800px-Elements_of_the_3rd_Stryker_brigade_on_patrol_in_Iraq_-a.jpg

Smithwick, I don't care one way or another, but I've heard a lot of atheists on this forum argue that the US is not a Christian nation. Just putting that out there.

Edit, I meant Smithwick...

Yep. Which outlines why the question doesn't make sense. Where are you deriving your standard for morality that you are measuring God against? If you are using God's own standard, it's ironic to accuse him of evil given that you only know of evil by the standard that is God.

It's an interesting topic, I guess I am wondering how something could be absolutely vile and cruel when it's done by humans but considered good when it's done by god. I see you granted BJJ_Rage the point of Revelations 18 being true:

18 A third of mankind was killed by the three plagues of fire, smoke and sulfur that came out of their mouths

Now if a man had committed this act it would be the most heinous act of genocide and cruelty that the world has ever known. Killing billions of people by burning them by our standards is immeasurably cruel. How can this act be considered good when done by god?

It's an interesting topic, I guess I am wondering how something could be absolutely vile and cruel when it's done by humans but considered good when it's done by god. I see you granted BJJ_Rage the point of Revelations 18 being true:

18 A third of mankind was killed by the three plagues of fire, smoke and sulfur that came out of their mouths

Now if a man had committed this act it would be the most heinous act of genocide and cruelty that the world has ever known. Killing billions of people by burning them by our standards is immeasurably cruel. How can this act be considered good when done by god?

The answer to this is pretty simple. Part of what makes God good is that he is perfectly moral and must punish sin, so it's possible (necessary) for God to punish people and it not only not be evil, but it be good. On the other hand, if I kill the same person, it is not an act of good, since I cannot judge, and therefore, cannot punish anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back