• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The greatest UFC fighters no one longer remembers?

Answer is Pete Williams

Seems completley forgotten about — his headlock KO of Coleman who at the time seemed unbeatable is legendary — prolly one of best upsets of all time

Did some research — scary

He was only 23 during his initial ufc run and retired at 27

He’s only 3 years older than DC..

I’m on my phone so can’t upload pic but he doesn’t look good at all — google him

That's immediately who came to mind for me as well... he was an absolute beast for a minute and then completely disappeared never to be mentioned again. But, that was in the early days before MMA was a lucrative career.

feel like matt hughes doesnt get his props

Agreed. Probably one of the best to ever fight in the octagon, but gets overshadowed by GSP due to them fighting in the same division and losing to him 2/3 times they fought.

Agreed. Probably one of the best to ever fight in the octagon, but gets overshadowed by GSP due to them fighting in the same division and losing to him 2/3 times they fought.
yea, the guys that were before the division greats like gsp and anderson seem to get forgotton about a little. franklin is still around here and there but someone already mentioned evan tanner - i never hear about him anymore.

thats what happens with time tho, you get forgotten to an extent

Back