• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The greatest UFC fighters no one longer remembers?

Evan Tanner.

Carlos Newton

Bas rutten

kevin randleman

Last edited:
franklin seems to be forgotten these days, as does tank

Jake Shields, Jon Fitch, Phil Davis, Ian McCall. Lot of the lay and pray dudes who won a lot of fights and the UFC got rid of at first oppurtunity. The LHW elite four was really the elite six for a while with Thiago Silva.

More old, Frank for sure, guy left the sport undefeated and Dana makes a point to never talk about him. Jeremy Horn got a title shot. Tbh I feel like even the late 00's stars are getting overshadowed and it's just getting worse for the older generations. Evan Tanner is someone you never hear about but who just really rarely lost. Matyushenko also comes to mind, but he was part of Dana's least favorite PPV of all time makes sense that he got buried in the past.

Benson Henderson, Diego Sanchez, Carlos Newton, Renan barao,

Carlos Newton.

I almost feel like he was fighting at the wrong time and would have loved to see what he could do with modern training/coaching.

Brandon Vera ?

I thought he should have won Vs Couture at UFC 105

He's currently the ONE FC HW champ...

Brandon-Vera-IMG_3292-400x600.jpg

Jake Shields, Jon Fitch, Phil Davis, Ian McCall. Lot of the lay and pray dudes who won a lot of fights and the UFC got rid of at first oppurtunity. The LHW elite four was really the elite six for a while with Thiago Silva.

More old, Frank for sure, guy left the sport undefeated and Dana makes a point to never talk about him. Jeremy Horn got a title shot. Tbh I feel like even the late 00's stars are getting overshadowed and it's just getting worse for the older generations. Evan Tanner is someone you never hear about but who just really rarely lost. Matyushenko also comes to mind, but he was part of Dana's least favorite PPV of all time makes sense that he got buried in the past.
Frank lost a decision to Lober and a few Pancrase fights. Not UFC fights, but still MMA.

Ultimately, I think Faber will be forgotten. Since his ufc career was defined by failures in his biggest fights and his best run was in the WEC, I don’t think he’ll really be remembered.

Tony Fryklun, Ivan Salaverry, and Evan Tanner were a few of my favs back in the day.

*Edit - It was Fryklun I was thinking about. It was someone else, I think he was from Couture's camp. Had nasty body shot elbows from the guard.

BJ peen apparently, goddamn, fuck this place

BJ-Penn-696x399.jpg

This man was once king.

Back