• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The greatest UFC fighters no one longer remembers?

Arlovski's reputation has taken a dive lately, but dude was a bad ass in the day.

Team Dagger

LOL awesome. My wife was flying back from a TX work trip a few years ago and saw Kendall Grove in the airport. She sent me a pic and was like "That's Kendall Grove right?" I texted back "Yep, walk over and say 'Team Dagger' to him quick".

She was like, "Uhh, no. I'm a 40 year old in a business suit, I'm not doing that."

I really liked the Crow back in the day. I was hoping he’d beat Ace Franklin for the belt but nope.
That jump spinning back kick against McCarthy was beautiful. I wonder what happened to that guy.

That jump spinning back kick against McCarthy was beautiful. I wonder what happened to that guy.

I believe he went on to a couple lower promotions and even won a belt or two. But I think he stopped fighting around 2015.

I’ve seen him cornering in the not so distant past. That’s about all I know.

No one really remembers GSP anymore, if not for the recent Bisping fight.

Answer is Pete Williams

Seems completley forgotten about — his headlock KO of Coleman who at the time seemed unbeatable is legendary — prolly one of best upsets of all time

Did some research — scary

He was only 23 during his initial ufc run and retired at 27

He’s only 3 years older than DC..

I’m on my phone so can’t upload pic but he doesn’t look good at all — google him

sherk's resume was as impressive as hell - however he's got to have the same asterisk that jones now has.

Marcus Davis and Spencer Fisher

Not all time greats but always put on good shows

Does anyone even know who Karo Parisyan is these days?

Also never hear about Tra Telligman any more.

Miletich Gym. At one time damned near every champ either trained there or did his fight camps there. They were Greg Jackson before Greg Jackson.

That post about Sean Sherk got me thinking. Who are some of the early UFC fighters that have largely been forgotten over time, or aren't known to the MMA newbies?
Here's a few for my knowledge....
When you talk about old UFC, people inevitably think Gracie, Shamrock, Coleman, Severn, Tank and Frye
Taktarov and Ruas were some important players from those early days
Militech
Frank Shamrock
Tim Sylvia (say what you want. He's a two time champ and looked unbeatable for a minute)
Jens Pulver
Phil Baroni
These are, of course, some of the "big" ones
We could also mention Evan Tanner, David Terrell, David Louseau, etc etc etc.
Frank Shamrock is the clear answer here. The majority of newer fans have no clue who he even is and he was an innovator and all time great of the sport.

Maurice Smith is another good example of a forgotten fighter as I would say is Carlos Newton.

Does anyone even know who Karo Parisyan is these days?

Also never hear about Tra Telligman any more.

Tra telligman? The guy missing the pec ? To be fair there was never a time where we were hearing about him — went 0-4 In the ufc

Only thing memorable about him is his weird missing pec and the fact that he somehow managed to beat Igor

feel like matt hughes doesnt get his props

Back