"The Greatest That Has Ever Existed In MMA"

Not if Vitor beats him.

TBH, I think Bisping shouldn't even fight Vitor, he's earned his shot at Anderson already IMO.

But since they're fighting anyway, I agree that the title shot would look bogus after a loss.

I havent made to many posts but I have been watching mma a long time and reading the forums for quite a while and I can't stand these GOAT threads because the GOAT is just an opinion yet everyone argues that they are right when in reality there is no one correct answer everyone has their different views who is the best ever and there will never be a time where everyone agrees

Bisping is just talking up his opponent for his future beating.

I havent made to many posts but I have been watching mma a long time and reading the forums for quite a while and I can't stand these GOAT threads because the GOAT is just an opinion yet everyone argues that they are right when in reality there is no one correct answer everyone has their different views who is the best ever and there will never be a time where everyone agrees

No but we get a fairly good idea of the general opinion. And right now it seems to be divided between Fedor and Silva, a vast majority of MMA fans pick these two. It will always be subjective of course, but if you wanted to get something close to an objective opinion on this you could say they are the two greatest MMA fighters of all time. Im sure some people will disagree with that too, but to me that is "fact"

No but we get a fairly good idea of the general opinion. And right now it seems to be divided between Fedor and Silva, a vast majority of MMA fans pick these two. It will always be subjective of course, but if you wanted to get something close to an objective opinion on this you could say they are the two greatest MMA fighters of all time. Im sure some people will disagree with that too, but to me that is "fact"

Anyone who picks Fedor or Anderson get no argument from me that's for sure. Though GSP has been a great fighter for a long time, I think the fact that he doesn't tend to finish guys counts against him, and both Fedor and Anderson have some great highlight reels.

Anyone who picks Fedor or Anderson get no argument from me that's for sure. Though GSP has been a great fighter for a long time, I think the fact that he doesn't tend to finish guys counts against him, and both Fedor and Anderson have some great highlight reels.

Eh, Fedor never finished decent competition. He only finished the weak competition he faced.

Arona - decision

Babalu- decision

Nog - decision

Cro Cop - decision

Schilt - decision

Bigfoot - loss

Hendo - loss

Werdum - loss

No but we get a fairly good idea of the general opinion. And right now it seems to be divided between Fedor and Silva, a vast majority of MMA fans pick these two. It will always be subjective of course, but if you wanted to get something close to an objective opinion on this you could say they are the two greatest MMA fighters of all time. Im sure some people will disagree with that too, but to me that is "fact"[/QUOTE

So an objective opinion is a fact in your opinion? To me thats still just an opinion

I was going to mess about and say Rickson but I would saw A.Silva if he can remanin undefeated before he retires

Eh, Fedor never finished decent competition. He only finished the weak competition he faced.

Arona - decision

Babalu- decision

Nog - decision

Cro Cop - decision

Schilt - decision

Bigfoot - loss

Hendo - loss

Werdum - loss

He finished Arlovski who was number 2 ranked at HW and on a 5 fight win streak with wins over Werdum, Nelson and Rothwell. Try and spin that one. Also didn't you call JDS HW GOAT a few weeks ago??? Oh dear...

every time I read interviews from MW's talking about anderson and they say things like "i want to challenge myself against the best", i feel that they have already mentally given up. Why not say im going to go in there and beat the man, not just challenge myself against him.

Might as well say you want to add yourself to his HL reel IMO.

Not really. Players in team sports say the same thing, it doesn't mean they don't think they can win. When teams play the defending champs or the team with the best record in the league at that point you will often hear the players saying stuff like this is a good measuring stick for us, or say they're the best and we have to beat them to be considered on that level.

Though GSP has been a great fighter for a long time, I think the fact that he doesn't tend to finish guys counts against him, and both Fedor and Anderson have some great highlight reels.

This is exactly what i think of GSP. An all time great, but for those reasons cannot be put at quite the same level as Fedor and silva. As accomplished maybe, as great? no

I will be shocked if Bisping beats Vitor, and would be more surprised than I have ever been about a fight if Bisping were to beat Silva.

jones is the greatest fighter ever by the way. He has had the toughest run of fights in MMA history, and made it look easy. silva hasn't beaten that many guys at that level throughout his whole career.

We have greatest by weight class and by era.

not sure if we have a definite GOAT tho

I was going to mess about and say Rickson but I would saw A.Silva if he can remanin undefeated before he retires

You must not know and I hate to be the one to bring your world crashing down but A. Silva has 4 loses

Back