"The Greatest That Has Ever Existed In MMA"

Fedor was the original consensus greatest. Now it's Anderson. I'm sure if Anderson eventually loses, it'll be Bones. When he loses, who knows. MMA fans are all about "what have ya done for me lately?"

thats not really true.

and yeah, if bones beats sonnen and cormier, then goes up and gets the HW belt, he would objectively be the new GOAT, and thats not taking anything away from anderson or fedor.

Fedor was the original consensus greatest. Now it's Anderson. I'm sure if Anderson eventually loses, it'll be Bones. When he loses, who knows. MMA fans are all about "what have ya done for me lately?"

Exactly right. LOL, when Fedor was undefeated, he was the best. After he lost, Anderson was the best. When he loses, someone else will be the best. In other words, it's whoever is most dominant right now.

Prime for prime, my money is on Fedor.

This. Although only one of those guys didn't cut weight, and that's Fedor. If Anderson and Fedor met, Anderson might have won. But Fedor never cut weight and he certainly never danced around like a ballerina and hid behind the ref.

I know you've been watching MMA long enough to know that Fedor's smaller size/better speed approach was one of his greatest strengths against the type of fighters that used to compose the heavyweight division.

Exactly right. LOL, when Fedor was undefeated, he was the best. After he lost, Anderson was the best. When he loses, someone else will be the best. In other words, it's whoever is most dominant right now.

Prime for prime, my money is on Fedor.

This.

thats not really true.

and yeah, if bones beats sonnen and cormier, then goes up and gets the HW belt, he would objectively be the new GOAT, and thats not taking anything away from anderson or fedor.

lol well everybody else seems to agree with me. I'm sure if Jones does that it will make him the GOAT but this is MMA fans we're talking about. You're giving them too much respect. A loss means if you fought this guy or that guy you would get destroyed.

It's an intriguing fight because Bisping would be the first technical striker that Anderson has faced in a while. Bonnar/Okami/Griffin are well-rounded, but don't have Bisping's footwork; Sonnen, Leites, and Maia are grapplers (also Lutter); Cote/Vitor/Hendo/Leben/Irvin hit hard, but aren't very technical; etc.

This. Although only one of those guys didn't cut weight, and that's Fedor. If Anderson and Fedor met, Anderson might have won. But Fedor never cut weight and he certainly never danced around like a ballerina and hid behind the ref.

Fedor didn't have to cut weight or dance around, because over half of his opponents were less than 230lbs, and most barely had a .500 record. Sorry to bust the fedor bubble, but he was far from the greatest of all time. On the ground Frank Mir would've broken his arm just like he did to Nog

He is probably saying that because it sets him up well if that fight did happen. No shame in losing to the greatest of all time, and if he somehow wins he just beat the greatest fighter of all time. Although you can't argue against someone calling silva the greatest right now.

I bet the same people saying , ' he is only saying that because he knows he will lose' are the same crybabies who would shit their pants if he said he though he had a decent chance.even when the guy does something right ,it's not right.
Don't see him getting past vitor though ,so kinda irrelevant

Anderson is the best Middleweight, possibly pound for pound, but he's hardly the best fighter.

Jones, Junior Dos Santos, Overeem, Velasquez, Cormier, Werdum would all put him away with relative ease

every time I read interviews from MW's talking about anderson and they say things like "i want to challenge myself against the best", i feel that they have already mentally given up. Why not say im going to go in there and beat the man, not just challenge myself against him.

Might as well say you want to add yourself to his HL reel IMO.

Chael Sonnen did an excellent job in that regard, he's also the only one whom came 30 seconds from Glory!

Fedor vs Werdum.

What baffles me is if Chael had won the first fight, would people still mention Anderson as the best of all times...

fedor is one year younger than silva and is now obsolete in the mma scene, while silva is still dominating and still relevant.

fedor is 35-4 and silva is 33-4

i would also like to make a case that silva's opponents were prolly more skilled overall than fedors. Not saying that fedor isnt a GOAT cause he is and he has fought some extremely tough opponents. However i do feel that silva is the greatest MMA fighter of all time.

i appreciate both of these guys and i have always enjoyed watching them fight.

im not biased towards either of them because im a GSP fan that tries to have an open mind.

I agree with the Count. Also, he deserves the shot.

fedor is one year younger than silva and is now obsolete in the mma scene, while silva is still dominating and still relevant.

smh

anderson is pretty objectively the greatest.

he also wants to fight him. and boost the ratings for their fight if it happens.

This praise for a future/possible opponent is very common

No such thing. objectivity is a dichotomy. Ando is not objectively the best. It is based in subjectivity. Let's not get into another GOAT conversation

/thread

Back