THE GREAT WALL (2nd Trailer Released)

Dragonlordxxxxx

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Update: October 8, 2016

2nd Trailer for Zhang Yimou's THE GREAT WALL Starring Matt Damon

Starring Matt Damon and directed by one of the most breathtaking visual stylists of our time, Zhang Yimou (Hero, House of Flying Daggers), Legendary’s The Great Wall tells the story of an elite force making a valiant stand for humanity on the world’s most iconic structure. The first English-language production for Yimou is the largest film ever shot entirely in China. Also starring Jing Tian, Pedro Pascal, Willem Dafoe and Andy Lau, The Great Wall opens February 17, 2017.

Update: July 28, 2016

Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Ancient China in THE GREAT WALL Trailer

0the-great-wall-matt-damon-slice-600x200.jpg

Universal Pictures and Legendary have unveiled the first trailer for The Great Wall. Directed by Hero and House of Flying Daggers director Zhang Yimou, the film stars Matt Damon and tells the “true” story behind why the titular Great Wall of China was built in the first place. Set 1,000 years in the past, an elite force makes a valiant stand for humanity atop the titular wall, which is constructed to keep out a beast of monstrous proportions.

Visually, this thing looks pretty spectacular. Legendary made a swell call in enlisting Yimou to direct and giving him a Hollywood blockbuster budget to work with, and this appears to be a fantastic blend of Chinese and Hollywood filmmaking sensibilities. Story-wise, though, it remains to be seen if this will all come off as silly, or if the danger is visceral. No doubt the film was made with Chinese box office prospects in mind, so this will be a curious one to keep an eye on next year.

Written by Carlo Bernard, Doug Miro, and Tony Gilroy, the film also stars Jing Tian, Pedro Pascal, Willem Dafoe, Hanyu Zhang, Eddie Peng, Lu Han, Kenny Lin, Junkai Wang, Zheng Kai, Cheney Chen, Xuan Huang, and Andy Lau. The Great Wall opens in 3D on February 17, 2017.

‘The Great Wall’ Trailer Finds Matt Damon Fighting a Monster in Ancient China

Last edited:
Also tagged the Vikings crowd in case they might be interested in this.

Could be awesome or sweep the Razzies. I'm in either way.

lol I'll give it a watch when it comes along...but dang...first Cruise...now Damon...Hollywood doing Asia dirty

Real Asians playing the Asian characters? Didn't they learn anything from Gods of Egypt?

1. Make a movie about the Great Wall of China
2. starring Matt Damon?

Asian-Facepalm-Of-Shame.gif

Update: July 28, 2016

Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Ancient China in THE GREAT WALL Trailer

0the-great-wall-matt-damon-slice-600x200.jpg

Universal Pictures and Legendary have unveiled the first trailer for The Great Wall. Directed by Hero and House of Flying Daggers director Zhang Yimou, the film stars Matt Damon and tells the “true” story behind why the titular Great Wall of China was built in the first place. Set 1,000 years in the past, an elite force makes a valiant stand for humanity atop the titular wall, which is constructed to keep out a beast of monstrous proportions.

Visually, this thing looks pretty spectacular. Legendary made a swell call in enlisting Yimou to direct and giving him a Hollywood blockbuster budget to work with, and this appears to be a fantastic blend of Chinese and Hollywood filmmaking sensibilities. Story-wise, though, it remains to be seen if this will all come off as silly, or if the danger is visceral. No doubt the film was made with Chinese box office prospects in mind, so this will be a curious one to keep an eye on next year.

Written by Carlo Bernard, Doug Miro, and Tony Gilroy, the film also stars Jing Tian, Pedro Pascal, Willem Dafoe, Hanyu Zhang, Eddie Peng, Lu Han, Kenny Lin, Junkai Wang, Zheng Kai, Cheney Chen, Xuan Huang, and Andy Lau. The Great Wall opens in 3D on February 17, 2017.

‘The Great Wall’ Trailer Finds Matt Damon Fighting a Monster in Ancient China

Isn't that the plot of attack on titan?

Boy, that looks seriously awful. I'm thinking a shittier version of Reign of Fire, but less post-apocalyptic and in Asia with Caucasian actors. Even the CGI looks kind of "made for Netflix."

Hmm like someone else said this could either be really good or just horrible. Either way it's got my attention I'll be checking this out for sure.

I'll give it a shot at least...

But ya Matt Damon is about as far from Chinese as you can get.

Haha, trailer is already set to Private video.

Is Matt Damon the last kung fu master or some shit similar?

He went downhill from him prime To Live days. His recent works feel more like Communist propaganda now.

Back