The GOOF strikes again:Hiding fighter salaries for 261

What’s does image rights mean???
"Fighter hereby grants to ZUFFA the exclusive worldwide right to use, display, disseminate, edit, reproduce, print, publish and make any other use of the name, sobriquet, image, likeness, voice, persona, signature, and biographical material of Fighter and all persons associated with Fighter (collectively, the "Identity"), in any medium in connection with advertising, marketing, exploiting and promoting the UFC brand and each Bout and the exploitation of all rights pertaining thereto as provided herein and all rights to each Bout electronic and other (the "Ancillary Rights" and, collectively with the Promotional Rights, the "Rights")."

They get one-time payments for video games and get a sliver of merch money, but that's about it. You aren't going to find a lot of sports with such a generous (in the UFC's favor) image rights policy.

"Fighter hereby grants to ZUFFA the exclusive worldwide right to use, display, disseminate, edit, reproduce, print, publish and make any other use of the name, sobriquet, image, likeness, voice, persona, signature, and biographical material of Fighter and all persons associated with Fighter (collectively, the "Identity"), in any medium in connection with advertising, marketing, exploiting and promoting the UFC brand and each Bout and the exploitation of all rights pertaining thereto as provided herein and all rights to each Bout electronic and other (the "Ancillary Rights" and, collectively with the Promotional Rights, the "Rights")."

They get one-time payments for video games and get a sliver of merch money, but that's about it. You aren't going to find a lot of sports with such a generous (in the UFC's favor) image rights policy.
But the fighter can use their name and likeness for just about anything they want.

But the fighter can use their name and likeness for just about anything they want.
Of course. The issue is they'll never see a penny of the TV revenue the UFC brings in running their fights or using their clips in promos.

Of course. The issue is they'll never see a penny of the TV revenue the UFC brings in running their fights or using their clips in promos.
Do nba players get royalties?

Do nba players get royalties?
Significantly larger cuts and it's negotiated between the NBA and union, so it has to be renewed every now and then. Players can also opt out.

Significantly larger cuts and it's negotiated between the NBA and union, so it has to be renewed every now and then. Players can also opt out.
I have no idea what you’re talking about. Players can opt out of getting royalties from tv revenue from replayed games? Lol......

Who cares? Why are you people so obsessed with this shit? Just watch the fucking fights. If the pay is bad they will go away to another promotion, but they are not going away, are they? Enjoy MMA and stop bitching ffs
Thank you! Well said!

I have no idea what you’re talking about. Players can opt out of getting royalties from tv revenue from replayed games? Lol......
No, they can usually opt out of signing over their rights for licensing.

First that has nothing to do with what I asked and second it’s not true.
Hey man, you asked, I googled, I told you. Not sure what you want. I don't claim to be an NBA fan.

Hey man, you asked, I googled, I told you. Not sure what you want. I don't claim to be an NBA fan.
I asked if they get royalties from old televised games.

and your google failed you. Read the cba. They can’t opt out.

"The purse for that event has been deemed a trade secret by the promoter and therefore exempt from public record."

5HO.gif

Who cares? Why are you people so obsessed with this shit? Just watch the fucking fights. If the pay is bad they will go away to another promotion, but they are not going away, are they? Enjoy MMA and stop bitching ffs
Mma fans need to bitch, they can't live without it. For example, Izzy being active as fuck defending against Vettori is a travesty. They think they should be able to dictate that he not fight again until the fall.

Then when fighters don't defend but once every 8-9 months they bitch about that. Victimhood is both an addiction & a currency for society at large anymore.

I asked if they get royalties from old televised games.

and your google failed you. Read the cba. They can’t opt out.
I thought you were asking bout licensing in general for the NBA. But at any rate, they clearly get a much better deal. Don't think that's arguable at all.

I can pretty much guarantee you that any non-Conor fighter would trade his or her contract for Michael Moorer's. Which isn't to defend lifetime contracts, those should be banned.

Also, is it not ironic to you that you are complaining about lifetime contractual obligations when the standard UFC contract includes lifetime ownership of fights and fighter likeness? lol

And again, you realize Don King paid his star fighters a larger share of revenue (proportionally and in absolute terms) than the UFC, right?
The contracts were god awful back in then, which is exactly why they the passed the Ali Act. It was meant to put an end to Don King's actions which included trying to monopolize the sport. The Ali Act was anti-monopoly bill as much as fighter protection bill.

The contracts were god awful back in then, which is exactly why they the passed the Ali Act. It was meant to put an end to Don King's actions which included trying to monopolize the sport. The Ali Act was anti-monopoly bill as much as fighter protection bill.
Yeah, most of what you said is true, along with the fact that a lot of Don King's fighters were better compensated than Conor both in relative and absolute terms.

Back