The GOOF strikes again:Hiding fighter salaries for 261

Yeah. "Getting offers" is information, as well as knowing what other people or making or what labor is generating in revenue. All that info is important to a market functioning well
knowing what other people are making? i don't know what most of my peers are making as it's not public information.

ufc revenue is public now. you know this. now what?

knowing what other people are making? i don't know what most of my peers are making as it's not public information.

ufc revenue is public now. you know this. now what?
Glassdoor is a thing in most professions, and many contractual professions (fighters are independent contractors blah blah blah) list their rates or an approximation of it. Fighters don't really have access to either source.

And don't follow your last question, what you're asking.

Glassdoor is a thing in most professions, and many contractual professions (fighters are independent contractors blah blah blah) list their rates or an approximation of it. Fighters don't really have access to either source.

And don't follow your last question, what you're asking.
the range for my job has the high more than double the low. and i make much more than what is listed as the high. glassdoor isn't any more "information" than mma fighters have.

i'm asking now that revenue IS public, what changes and why? we've known the % of revenue for years now.

the range for my job has the high more than double the low. and i make much more than what is listed as the high. glassdoor isn't any more "information" than mma fighters have.

i'm asking now that revenue IS public, what changes and why? we've known the % of revenue for years now.
Yeah, that range is far smaller than the UFC's range between prelims and headliners.

Are you asking what changes are going to happen or what changes I hope happen?

Every other major sport organization releases the salaries of their athletes.

Lol@ “Neck and neck with soccer, in terms of popularity on a global scale!”

Lol “neck and neck.”
<36>

Yeah, that range is far smaller than the UFC's range between prelims and headliners.

Are you asking what changes are going to happen or what changes I hope happen?
I said my job title. Not my career.

you claimed that there’s no transparency in revenue. There is.

So at least one UFC employee is paid well :)
Is there something I said that you disagree with? It’s a more effective way of posting than just trolling.

I said my job title. Not my career.

you claimed that there’s no transparency in revenue. There is.
There is some transparency in revenue, but far less than boxing. And you have to look harder if you're a fighter vs as a boxer. Not sure what point you have an issue with here, these are just basic facts.

There is some transparency in revenue, but far less than boxing. And you have to look harder if you're a fighter vs as a boxer. Not sure what point you have an issue with here, these are just basic facts.
i have no idea what you are suggesting. they have published historical revenue figures. i'm saying they have that detail. so what will that lead to now that they have that? it's not an obstacle. it's public. what additional transparency do you want and will it have an impact?

i have no idea what you are suggesting. they have published historical revenue figures. i'm saying they have that detail. so what will that lead to now that they have that? it's not an obstacle. it's public. what additional transparency do you want and will it have an impact?
Disclosure of event revenues to fighters on that event. That's one of the most important Ali Act changes.

Most of your fighters aren't reading Bloody Elbow or financial news.

Who cares? Why are you people so obsessed with this shit? Just watch the fucking fights. If the pay is bad they will go away to another promotion, but they are not going away, are they? Enjoy MMA and stop bitching ffs
Dana stop it, banana whisky is good i’m sure, but give it a rest already.

Disclosure of event revenues to fighters on that event. That's one of the most important Ali Act changes.

Most of your fighters aren't reading Bloody Elbow or financial news.
and you think that's a giant change vs knowing they get less than 20% now?

and you think that's a giant change vs knowing they get less than 20% now?
Yup, it's a pretty huge change. If I'm Justletmebangbro and fighting on a card, I would know how much sponsors paid the promoter, how much money they got to show me fight on TV or PPV, how many tickets people bought to see me fight, etc.

If you're a fighter, there's not really an argument against having this info. The secrecy is to benefit promoters.

Yup, it's a pretty huge change. If I'm Justletmebangbro and fighting on a card, I would know how much sponsors paid the promoter, how much money they got to show me fight on TV or PPV, how many tickets people bought to see me fight, etc.

If you're a fighter, there's not really an argument against having this info. The secrecy is to benefit promoters.
i'm baffled. they ALREADY know they get less than 20%. they know the total $'s for the year. they know gate figures. they know the espn deal. it's baffling to me that you think knowing the specifics is a game changer.....

i'm baffled. they ALREADY know they get less than 20%. they know the total $'s for the year. they know gate figures. they know the espn deal. it's baffling to me that you think knowing the specifics is a game changer.....
They don't know gate figures, several of the big states don't require public disclosure of that. They also don't know overall revenue, let alone granular event revenue.

What are even the arguments for not disclosing that information to a fighter lol

They don't know gate figures, several of the big states don't require public disclosure of that. They also don't know overall revenue, let alone granular event revenue.

What are even the arguments for not disclosing that information to a fighter lol
again, they know in aggregate they get less than 20%. knowing the specifics isn't going to grant magical powers.

the main argument for not disclosing it is it's not required to disclose it and i don't see why it should be mandated by law. they aren't violating a law and i don't like creating laws just to create laws. the fighters know they get less than 20%. knowing the specifics for an event isn't going to grant magical powers.

again, they know in aggregate they get less than 20%. knowing the specifics isn't going to grant magical powers.

the main argument for not disclosing it is it's not required to disclose it and i don't see why it should be mandated by law. they aren't violating a law and i don't like creating laws just to create laws. the fighters know they get less than 20%. knowing the specifics for an event isn't going to grant magical powers.
Yeeeah, you just seem very naïve about combat sports. There is a reason the Ali Act includes that disclosure. If you don't think knowing event revenues is helpful or at worst, neutral, you don't know shit about combat sports.

Or put it this way, why do you think they went through the trouble of including event disclosures in the Ali Act.

Yeeeah, you just seem very naïve about combat sports. There is a reason the Ali Act includes that disclosure. If you don't think knowing event revenues is helpful or at worst, neutral, you don't know shit about combat sports.

Or put it this way, why do you think they went through the trouble of including event disclosures in the Ali Act.
lol. you're just putting your fingers in your ears. again, fighter KNOW they get less than 20%. why do you keep ignoring this? it's bizarre. knowing for a specific event it's less than 20% would be much more powerful?

boxers didn't have the information that ufc fighters have now. the ali act corrected alot of egregious practices by promoters who were literally stealing from fighters and had lifetime contracts. don't try to pretend you know more here.

Back