The Godfather - Who gave the best performance?

The Godfather - Who gave the best performance?

• Total voters
https://godfather.fandom.com/wiki/Vito's_cat

Don_Vito.jpg

I went Pacino but could have gone Brando or Caan just as easily.

As somebody that watched this movie for the first time just 2 weeks ago, I vote Marlon Brando.

I had James Caan. But could have gone Al Pacino as well.

I was gonna say Pacino but Cazale is pretty underrated.

This is truth

I had Marlon for 1. Cazale for GF2, where he had more to work with. Waiter..Waiter..

In GF1 my memory of Fredo is coming close to blowing Moe Green in defense of him slapping him around in public when Mike calls Moe out on it.

I think this poll is just GF1?

Caan single handedly coining the term "badda bing" deserves honorable mention but I give it to Brando. It's iconic.

The character of Fredo Corleone as interpreted by Cazale is as close to perfection as it gets. Super complex person played to perfection by an actor at the absolute top of his game. Still in awe of that performance. The Moe scene and Part II's scene where he lets slip his disloyalty to the family are so heartbreaking and infuriating at the same time that I wasnt sure if he was more in need of a good hug or a violent kick to the pills. Cazale was the man.

Everybody was great but you can't beat Brando as the Don. Even De Niro is part 2 wasn't as good as Brando was.

If we're talking part 2 I'd say it's really close between Cazale as Fredo and De Niro as young Vito.

I had Marlon for 1. Cazale for GF2, where he had more to work with. Waiter..Waiter..

In GF1 my memory of Fredo is coming close to blowing Moe Green in defense of him slapping him around in public when Mike calls Moe out on it.

I think this poll is just GF1?

Don't forget him bobbling the gun like a hot potato and yelling PAPA after he was a worse bodyguard than Sven at the end of The Running Man.

I watched 1 and 2 at least 200 times,yeah I know I am sick in the head

Back