The GOAT Flipping Off Siver

He offered to touch gloves. He showed class, unlike Siver.

And? Lots of fighters don't want to touch gloves and why should Siver of? Connor spent much of his time talking down to Siver, I wouldn't touch gloves neither.
The censors in my area caught it so I didn't know what happened, I thought they were having technical difficulties.

gotta suck to get trash talked that much and then get entirely embarrassed almost exactly as the person described.

There are about 4 other guys in the UFC who know what Siver is feeling.

I'm not gonna take sides like most of the dummies on Sherdog.

I understand why Siver wouldn't want to touch gloves, McGregor said a lot of brutal stuff, called Siver a Nazi for crying out loud, I'm sure Siver found that very disrespectful.

Some fighters would have touched gloves anyway but I understand why Siver didn't want to, not that it really matters.

I understand Conor's point of view as well, the trash talk is mostly just to hype the fight, I think.

And usually if two fighters respect each others' skills they will touch gloves no matter what. Usually.

I think that was one of Siver's main problems, actually, he didn't seem to take Conor as serious as he should have.

He kept saying things before the fight like "McGregor is all hype", or "he got here by talking and using his mouth", and saying he didn't respect him as a fighter or whatever, that was a huge mistake.

I mean sure Conor talks a lot but you can't just look at his trash talk and say "oh he talks a lot so he must suck," you have to actually look at the guy's skills and everything and try to judge him rationally as a fighter.

But it didn't seem like Siver did that. It seemed more like Siver thought he was all talk / all hype and that's how he went into the fight. Actually a huge mistake if that's how he went about it.

Not only did McGregor have a height and reach advantage, but he definitely had the advantage in terms of striking technique and diversity and overall MMA proficiency as well as athleticism, and mental and psychological willpower. In my opinion.

I don't see the big deal. Siver left him hanging, and then got the bird as a response.

These guys were just about to fight. Did we expect either to want to make out with the other dude?
Using logical thinking, I'd expect what the vast majority of fighters have been doing after getting snubbed a glove touch. Simply retreating back in their corner.

It's pretty ironic to defend this action by saying 'don't be butthurt by a simple bird flipping' when it itself was caused by simply not touching gloves.

Then again, irony is lost on a lot of people here.

He called him a cheater, a bum and even a Nazi

Now he is classy because he offered to touch gloves? Classic

Well, Siver brought that one entirely upon himself, so no sympathy there. Don't get busted for banned substances and maybe you won't be called a cheater.

As far as a Nazi, Conor already admitted prior to the fight that is was wrong for him to say that. The man admitted his mistake, move on.

As far as a bum, wow, how hurtful. How sensitive are we that someone saying, "you're bad at your job,"--which is what calling him a can is, given their line of work--is enough to make you act in an unsportsmanlike manner?

Conor offered his glove, showing a sign of respect for his enemy, and Siver didn't reciprocate. A quick "fuck you, then" seems justified.

Well deserved.

Silver should grow up and realize the talk is just for hyping the fight.

Thats stupid though. If all trash talk is just to hype a fight, and none of its real, then the fans will stop caring about the hype and stop buying fights. It might as well be scripted, all except for the fight, to make sure they can maximize the drama before a fight.

Well, Siver brought that one entirely upon himself, so no sympathy there. Don't get busted for banned substances and maybe you won't be called a cheater.

As far as a Nazi, Conor already admitted prior to the fight that is was wrong for him to say that. The man admitted his mistake, move on.

As far as a bum, wow, how hurtful. How sensitive are we that someone saying, "you're bad at your job,"--which is what calling him a can is, given their line of work--is enough to make you act in an unsportsmanlike manner?

Conor offered his glove, showing a sign of respect for his enemy, and Siver didn't reciprocate. A quick "fuck you, then" seems justified.

I think it's strange to try to argue that Conor is somehow classy. This incident aside, it's precisely because Conor says outrageous, and mostly very rude things to his opponents that he's so popular. Conor has been rude, and it's worked for him, there's no reason to try to make this something it's not.

Mcgregor was willing to let Siver go to a decision, until the refusal of the glove touch.

Mcgregor then decided he would beat the living shit out of Siver.

Oh Siver, you should have just respected The Conor.

If a guy called me a Nazi I wouldn't shake his hand either

Mcgregor has a lot of traits.
First of he is great and entertaining fighter but
he sure as hell is not a class act.

but sooo many people are soo in fuckin love with this guy
that they seem ready to just go on their knees and open their
mouths in front of him....

Back