The GOAT Fedor 100% deserves an immediate title shot.

Enders

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
James J. Jefferies
Muhammad Ali
Larry Holmes
Sugar Ray Leonard
Royce Gracie
Edit: and Randy Couture

Greats that got an immediate title shot after being away. Fedor is not lesser than any of these guys except Ali.

Last edited:
Of course. People need to learn the UFC is not a meritocracy

wow, someone knows of J.Jeffries, good job.

Why do you think Fedor is lesser than Ali.

Fedor never had a loss in his prime. Extremely dominant.

Given the lack of other contenders it's a no brainer to me

I'd rather he get 1 winnable fight first just to show he's still pretty good

Not if he only wants a 1-fight deal.

If the UFC can get him, his first fight should be against Cain Velasquez (if his whatever isn't injured), or second option Travis Browne.

Royce did not get an immediate title shot he fought Hughes at a catch weight of 175

Quality of competition. Ali fought in a division that was far superior to even the PRIDE HW division.

I'd prefer if he fought and crushed a few jobbers first, ex: Schaub, Gonzaga or even Browne.

Having his return fight be a title fight is halving the profits. They should be separate.

Because Boxing was one of the most popular sports in the world at the time and had 1000 deeper talent pool. For Ali to beat 8 hall of fame boxers is FAR more impressive then anything Fedor did considering it was so much harder to get to the top in Boxing back then (still is but not even close to as hard as it was).

MMA is still pretty new and undeveloped. The talent pool has never been that deep. Especially at HW

Back